Post-Game Talk: Winter Is Here - Jets Win Game 3 (7-4)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
Preds fans are legit debating if Subban high stick on Ehlers was actually a high stick or not. If you want a laugh read their GDT now

Ehlers sold it pretty well, if the tables were reversed though, it would have been an Academy Award winning performance, and they know it.

The hard done by PK meme might be the most disingenuous narrative ever created.

McDLT

I'm a style boy for life
Mar 1, 2016
Calgary
I think I’ll go to the Nashville forum...not to rub it in but just to bask in their saltiness. Very enjoyable after a game like this.

BRB!
giphy.gif

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Jay and Dan just asked LeBrun... "which building was louder Winnipeg or Nashville?"

LeBrun said....."Winnipeg by far the loudest building he has ever been inside covering the playoffs for the last 20 years."

folix

Jul 24, 2011
OMG Just got back from the game, the most insane fan hockey experience in my 41 years on this planet.

Some small observations:

Enstrom was absolutely awful in the first but had a much better 2nd and third.
Buff was the real Norris Trophy on the ice and Myers had a amazing game.
Ive been to alot of hockey games that was by far the loudest I have EVER heard an arena.
If you think Hendricks is bad on TV you really have to see it live, he simply cant play at this level like at all, its way way worse then you think.

Wow just wow. What a night, what a game.

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
So many of our weapons are not in sync yet, just wait they will figure it out. Stastny has made this a more complete team, you don't really know anything about a player from another team until he plays for your team.

I've been stumping this observation a bit as well. The Jets have looked just the tiniest bit out of sync. You always get the feeling they are SO CLOSE to putting it all together and having 3 periods like their 2nd this game. Always one step, always a puck curling off a stick, always a pass a bit too hard, that kind of thing.

What we saw tonight was just a sample. A taste. I am SO looking forward to Thursday.

Reactions: Mud Turtle

PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice
I saw KC have more confidence as the game progress. As with any other goal scorer he scores in bunches.

I hope it starts in game 4 together with Laine.

Sick pass by Laine to Buff. Wow

I pretty much expect Laine to not have any open ice in any PP. That is ok though with Schiefele in the middle.

Roslo talent doesn't work well with Copp and Hendrick. Better to put in Dano in that line otherwise when Perrault is back. Little goes with him and Roslo again.

Congrats Jets
that is just another game. 2 more wins to go! 4th game is the next huge game now. GO JET GO

tntkid

Fire Maurice & Chevy
Nov 27, 2011
Winnipeg, Manitoba
The Preds fans that drank beer off the dead catfish probably do not even know how to read so I highly doubt they can even find the internet to comment on here.
lol

Preds fans are legit debating if Subban high stick on Ehlers was actually a high stick or not. If you want a laugh read their GDT now

Nah, can’t take a fan base seriously when they shot gun a beer from a slimy-a** bottom dweller.
View attachment 118477

Reactions: broinwhyteridge

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg

It was a hi-stick to Ehlers- "but very soft" with no intent to hurt -IMO-- but the point is that it was a hi-stick and refs will call that all the time. To be fair, if hi-sticks were called, and assessed whether or not they were "dangerous"--then that would not be a penalty. I think Nikky did a little acting on that--but he's learning the game from PK ;)

Reactions: Mud Turtle

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast
Imagine if we had prevailed in OT in game 2?
If the Jets won game 2 ... it would be the Preds who would have 3 PPs at the end of this game.
I am shocked the refs gave PK a penalty ... maybe Bettman gave the refs a call after he saw the Preds tie the game on a cheap penalty to Roslovic.
Bettman ... "People are going to figure out we are tilting the ice to Nashville."
Ref ... "Ok I will start calling the penalties PK is committing."

folix

Jul 24, 2011
I cant begin to tell you guys just how many times the Preds slashed sticks out of our players hands it was at least 5-6 times that had huge impacts on the play.

Reactions: Jets 31

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
I thought the Jet's were done after the 1st- down-3-0 yikes--I just didn't think they'd be able to come back from a deficit like that against Nashville.

This shows how much character, poise and interstinal fortitude this Jet's team has. These players played a "big game" for the Jets:

1) Buff -- always a huge force-"he's the Jet's most dominate player.

2) Myers-played really good-set up a really nice goal--nice offensive zone entries.

3) Trouba-- played a very solid game--did make 1 big maistake that could have cost us.

4) Statsny -- very cool and great set up man, and scored a goal.

5) Wheeler and Scheif -- both played solid

I really hope the "young guys" get acclimated to these playoff games, and start to loosen up, and start to score, and when they do--we'll be unstoppable. Great game today boys, and kudos for not packing it in after the 1st --way to go !!! :thumbu:

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
If the Jets won game 2 ... it would be the Preds who would have 3 PPs at the end of this game.
I am shocked the refs gave PK a penalty ... maybe Bettman gave the refs a call after he saw the Preds tie the game on a cheap penalty to Roslovic.

The Preds have gotten soft calls all series so I for one could care less that Ehlers sold it. It is kind of sad that PK has been allowed to get away with 4 or 5 blatant penalties a game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad