Post-Game Talk: Winter Is Here - Jets Win Game 3 (7-4)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

NotCommitted

Jul 4, 2013
I couldn't catch this one, seems I missed quite a game... I've criticized Buff quite a bit last season and early on this season, but since then he has changed his game to become more what the Jets need of him and man he has been awesome. When I started following Winnipeg I knew Buff was supposed to be something special and had a big paycheck and I kept expecting a star calibre #1 D and was disappointed over and over again and kept seeing an overpaid defensive liability with some offensive upside which is totally negated by his bad decision making. The Buff I see now and have seen for some time is not a defensive liability and makes great decisions. And that contract looks like a complete bargain.

He still does the Buffy things but he does them at the right times and the team also seems better overall covering, like instead of Buff doing a really stupid solo play it all actually flows with the whole team. When it works like this he is awesome to watch. And I really get the feeling he doesn't feel like he needs to do everything by himself anymore, instead he can just focus on doing his part and do it well. I think I need to give credit to Maurice or someone for that as well. Plus seeing Buff manhandle two preds at once is pretty priceless (that was last game but I bet he did it tonight as well :D)

It seems Connor and Ehlers were swapped between lines, was this an in game adjustment? How did it look?

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
I couldn't catch this one, seems I missed quite a game... I've criticized Buff quite a bit last season and early on this season, but since then he has changed his game to become more what the Jets need of him and man he has been awesome. When I started following Winnipeg I knew Buff was supposed to be something special and had a big paycheck and I kept expecting a star calibre #1 D and was disappointed over and over again and kept seeing an overpaid defensive liability with some offensive upside which is totally negated by his bad decision making. The Buff I see now and have seen for some time is not a defensive liability and makes great decisions. And that contract looks like a complete bargain.

He still does the Buffy things but he does them at the right times and the team also seems better overall covering, like instead of Buff doing a really stupid solo play it all actually flows with the whole team. When it works like this he is awesome to watch. And I really get the feeling he doesn't feel like he needs to do everything by himself anymore, instead he can just focus on doing his part and do it well. I think I need to give credit to Maurice or someone for that as well. Plus seeing Buff manhandle two preds at once is pretty priceless (that was last game but I bet he did it tonight as well :D)

It seems Connor and Ehlers were swapped between lines, was this an in game adjustment? How did it look?
Agree with everything you said.

JetsFan815

Replacement Level Poster
Jan 16, 2012
A buddy of mine watched the game with Victor Arvidsson's family and took a picture of them as they watched the Buff train rumbling towards him, pic taken 1/10th of a second before he ducked the Buff hit :

the-witch-movie-e1523650014874.jpg

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
Imagine if we had prevailed in OT in game 2?

That's why Nashville looked so shellshocked I think, not just because the game blew up in their face, but it sunk in that they were a virtual coin toss (NOT because there's no skill, but because it's a high variance sudden death thing, put down the pitchforks!) away from being down 0-3 in the series.

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
And here's a little something else I brought attention to in game one, where I (erroneously) thought that the xGF was very lopsided against us and we got lucky.

Well, game 2 and especially in game 3, Nashville was on the other end of "had this game in the bag, miracle come back despite being huge statistical favorites" that they plied so heavily on during the regular season. Eventually, the pendulum swings like the pendulum do.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Preds fans are legit debating if Subban high stick on Ehlers was actually a high stick or not. If you want a laugh read their GDT now

Well Ehlers was bent over but as a ref once said " you can't do that"

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad