OT: Winnipeg ICE sold - Moving to Wenatchee, Washington renamed Wenatchee Wild

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

jetsmooseice

Up Yours Robison
Feb 20, 2020
Well, this is not ideal

I suppose you can look at it pragmatically and say that as long as he's back in time for the playoffs then all will be well. But now that Gage Alexander is gone, there isn't a lot of WHL experience to fall back on. I hope Dawson Cowan is up to it.

Reactions: Guardian17

RetroWinnipeg

Oct 27, 2016
www.youtube.com
Home Schedule Conflicts 2022-23: Ice vs. Jets/Moose
Games at same time | Games at different dayparts
October 29
November 5

November 8
November 17
November 19
December 2

December 3
December 11
December 17
December 30
December 31

January 8 (games back-to-back; slight time conflict if travelling from downtown to the university)
January 21
January 22 (games back-to-back; slight time conflict if travelling from downtown to the university)

February 11
February 15
March 22

jetsmooseice

Up Yours Robison
Feb 20, 2020
A heavily rookie and prospect laden ICE roster lost 6-1 in Brandon Friday and then won 3-1 at The Rink of Saturday.

I caught the second half of the Saturday night game and I was impressed by a pretty hard-driving, physical performance. Zach Benson was all over the place making plays and getting in on all 3 goals including scoring the winner. 6'4" d-man Ashton Cumby got into an impressive scrap with Brandon heavyweight Matt Henry, the haymakers were really flying in that one and even though the decision went to Henry, Cumby did himself proud. The ICE could use a bit more of a physical presence, and maybe Cumby is the guy to provide a bit of that.

jetsmooseice

Up Yours Robison
Feb 20, 2020
Preseason wraps up tonight at The Rink with another matchup against the Pats. Pats are coming off a win vs. the ICE on Thursday night on the strength of a solid goaltending performance, the ICE will again be playing with a heavily rookie and prospect laden lineup given that 7 regulars have left for NHL training camps.

Guardian17

Strong & Free
Aug 29, 2010
Winnipeg
According to their schedule, the ICE don't play a home game until Saturday, October 29.

Must be some renos at Wayne Fleming Arena.

jetsmooseice

Up Yours Robison
Feb 20, 2020
According to their schedule, the ICE don't play a home game until Saturday, October 29.

Must be some renos at Wayne Fleming Arena.

It was reported that there is a new ice plant going in at Wayne Fleming. Apparently the spring playoff run delayed the process by a bit.

jetsmooseice

Up Yours Robison
Feb 20, 2020
Daniel Hauser is on the mend after suffering a broken ankle over the summer. He was in action for the first time on Saturday in the ICE's final preseason game vs. the Regina Pats. Hauser looked much shakier than usual, letting in 5 goals on 27 shots. But hey, that's what the preseason is for.

More here in the Free Press (paywall)

jetsmooseice

Up Yours Robison
Feb 20, 2020
Saw this in the Business of Hockey forum. Now that the ICE are settling in for their fourth season in Winnipeg and third at Wayne Fleming Arena with no signs of leaving, I wonder if they could do something like this at centre ice with the ICE and Bisons logos? It would be nice to see the place look a little more like the ICE's home.

Well this should quiet the whining about center ice logos….

Went in this afternoon.

View attachment 586690

jetsmooseice

Up Yours Robison
Feb 20, 2020
If Matt Savoie and Conor Geekie get cut, this team could end up winning the Memorial Cup.

I don't keep a close eye on the Sabres and Coyotes but I haven't really heard anyone who does suggest that either of the two are likely to make those teams this year.

If anything Mikey Milne, who is AHL eligible this year, could end up signing a pro contract and playing with the Iowa Wild... that would not be a huge issue though, since the ICE have 3 other overagers ready to go (Zloty, Pederson, McClennon).

I agree with your prediction, though 😃

jetsmooseice

Up Yours Robison
Feb 20, 2020
This Medernach kid, two clutch goals. Great game for him.

And for all the excitement over the ICE first rounders from the past few years (Krebs, Lambos, Savoie, Geekie), I think Benson is turning out to be the most impressive one of them all. Seriously, this kid is magic. He has hands the likes of which you seldom see at the junior level.

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
This Medernach kid, two clutch goals. Great game for him.

And for all the excitement over the ICE first rounders from the past few years (Krebs, Lambos, Savoie, Geekie), I think Benson is turning out to be the most impressive one of them all. Seriously, this kid is magic. He has hands the likes of which you seldom see at the junior level.
Elite Prospects calling for Benson to have a 68 goal (but zero assist) season. o_O

1664141260000.png

Seriously EP, maybe turn off this "feature" till we're at least a few games into the season. :laugh:

jetsmooseice

Up Yours Robison
Feb 20, 2020
Arizona returns Conor Geekie to the ICE.

Not unexpected. Lambos and Savoie should be back soon too. The only question now is whether Milne will get a pro deal to play in the AHL or not. If he doesn't, the ICE will have to trade away one of their four overagers (McClennon, Pederson and Zloty being the others).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad