OT: Winnipeg ICE sold - Moving to Wenatchee, Washington renamed Wenatchee Wild

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
Gameday, baby. I am ready for the comeback to begin! IT AIN'T OVER!

giphy.gif
Edmonton says...

c33b88a1-7bc2-44da-9fd5-84a0f5fb949d.gif

:laugh:

Reactions: macmaroon

Fairview

Jan 30, 2016
I expected a team playing with desperation.. what I saw ( before I turned the game off)was a team that quit 2 min in. :(

Reactions: snowkiddin

jetsmooseice

Up Yours Robison
Feb 20, 2020
I expected a team playing with desperation.. what I saw ( before I turned the game off)was a team that quit 2 min in. :(

Yeah, the ICE started off the game somewhat tentatively and then absolutely crumpled at the first sign of adversity. I guess they didn't think a comeback was within the realm of the possible.

Lambos has to be the worst player on the ice tonight.

I guess being up against the murderer's row of Edmonton forwards can make most defensemen look bad, but yeah, for a pair of seasoned veterans, Lambos and Orzeck were barely able to make any impact during this series. Tanner Brown and Ben Zloty weren't a whole lot better. Woo is off the hook because he's young and didn't have a ton of ice time.

Anyway, I kind of figured that beating Edmonton would be a bit of a long shot proposition, but I didn't expect them to get manhandled the way they did. It seems that those two OT losses early on took the wind right out of their sales. It's amazing to consider how close the series was to starting out 3 games to none for the ICE, though.

jetsmooseice

Up Yours Robison
Feb 20, 2020

The Flyers took a pass on Connor McClennon. Unfortunate for him, but good for the team I guess as it improves the odds significantly of him coming back for another year as an overager.

I get that he's a bit on the small side but he has very impressive skills and stats. Plus he's been fairly durable this past season. He had that collarbone issue but that was before Philly drafted him. I think this one could come back to haunt the Flyers.

Reactions: Guardian17

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg

The Flyers took a pass on Connor McClennon. Unfortunate for him, but good for the team I guess as it improves the odds significantly of him coming back for another year as an overager.

I get that he's a bit on the small side but he has very impressive skills and stats. Plus he's been fairly durable this past season. He had that collarbone issue but that was before Philly drafted him. I think this one could come back to haunt the Flyers.

Does he go back in the draft or can anyone sign him now? He'd be someone I wouldn't mind using a mid round pick on.

jetsmooseice

Up Yours Robison
Feb 20, 2020
Does he go back in the draft or can anyone sign him now? He'd be someone I wouldn't mind using a mid round pick on.

He becomes a free agent with a few options. In some ways the Flyers maybe did him a favour since he doesn't have to worry about languishing in an organization that is lukewarm on him for whatever reason?

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
He becomes a free agent with a few options. In some ways the Flyers maybe did him a favour since he doesn't have to worry about languishing in an organization that is lukewarm on him for whatever reason?

The Moose likely have some skilled forwards spots open next year. I'd be signing him if I were Chevy.

Reactions: jetsmooseice

jetsmooseice

Up Yours Robison
Feb 20, 2020
The Moose likely have some skilled forwards spots open next year. I'd be signing him if I were Chevy.

It's kind of funny, if you look at the Flyers prospects thread you can see people lamenting the fact McClennon is being sent packing in favour of players with sheer size. Echoes some of the conversations we've had here in the Jets subforum about certain players :laugh:

From what I've seen from my perch Chevy and his staff have certainly watched the ICE play enough to be familiar with McClennon's body of work. Although the Jets aren't always the greatest at giving younger players an opportunity to thrive.

McClennon is not that big but he plays a reasonably tough game, he doesn't back down. He plays bigger than his size IMO. He is not some soft guy that is all finesse. I'm a little surprised by Philly's decision.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad