OT: Winnipeg ICE sold - Moving to Wenatchee, Washington renamed Wenatchee Wild

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
I don't see Savoie or Geekie making the NHL full time. Lambos maybe, given the Wild's cap problems? Benson isn't eligible. Hauser should come back. I think the main group sticks around and that extra year should be beneficial.
It will depend a lot on the young guys they bring in. They'll lose a lot of depth, whereas the Oil Kings will lose stars.

Hauser will be back, but he's pretty mediocre. Savoie may or may not be back. Geekie should be back for sure, though. Lambos I would expect is gone. McClennon and Milne, top scorers for the ICE, are likely gone. Smallwood is gone. Muir is gone, but not a huge loss. Zloty could be back, which would be huge. Benson, of course, is a huge returnee. Finley, who they brought in at the deadline to be fair, is gone. Orzeck is gone, which is a big loss.

The Oil Kings will lose much more firepower though. This is their year, but it's pretty disappointing that the ICE didn't want to bring in any high-end talent given the year they've had.

Deedog99

Nov 22, 2016
I don't see Savoie or Geekie making the NHL full time. Lambos maybe, given the Wild's cap problems? Benson isn't eligible. Hauser should come back. I think the main group sticks around and that extra year should be beneficial.
Next year Ice will be even better.

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Savoie out of the game after a dirty hit with no call … that could be the series if he’s out for a few games

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Edmonton was pretty frustrated tonight. Gutless hits, cheap cross checks.

Oil Kings have to be happy stealing a game on the road and injuring the ICE’s best player. Maybe the ICE have something in Alexander, though.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
So far the Ice have been getting outshot badly over the first two games (49-76)? I haven’t seen any of the action has it looked as bad as the shot differential?

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
So far the Ice have been getting outshot badly over the first two games (49-76)? I haven’t seen any of the action has it looked as bad as the shot differential?
Edmonton was significantly better in game one other than a ten-minute period in the 3rd. This last game was much more even with the ICE pulling away late.

Reactions: ps241

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Looks like Savoie and McClennon are both out. Likely the beginning of the end for the ICE, unfortunately.

Never mind - The Oil Kings’ commentators are out to lunch — McClennon is in.

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
ICE getting absolutely dummied in the first. 15 minutes in and it’s 1-0 Edmonton and the ICE are still without a shot.

The dirty hit on Savoie is paying off so far because the ICE haven’t gotten the offence going yet and the play wasn’t punished.

None

Feb 22, 2012
The Ice looked like they were killing a penalty on the second Oil Kings goal.

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Cossa has been extremely underwhelming in this series; I’m sure he’ll be unbeatable though now that I’ve mentioned it.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
It will depend a lot on the young guys they bring in. They'll lose a lot of depth, whereas the Oil Kings will lose stars.

Hauser will be back, but he's pretty mediocre. Savoie may or may not be back. Geekie should be back for sure, though. Lambos I would expect is gone. McClennon and Milne, top scorers for the ICE, are likely gone. Smallwood is gone. Muir is gone, but not a huge loss. Zloty could be back, which would be huge. Benson, of course, is a huge returnee. Finley, who they brought in at the deadline to be fair, is gone. Orzeck is gone, which is a big loss.

The Oil Kings will lose much more firepower though. This is their year, but it's pretty disappointing that the ICE didn't want to bring in any high-end talent given the year they've had.

Honestly how much more high end talent can they bring in. Their top 9 is stacked. Maybe they could have brought some more in on defense but the team is still crazy good.

Kaiden Guhle beat to the net, he’s extremely overrated. He’ll fit right in on the Habs :laugh:

Yup, wanted nothing to do with him at the draft.

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
ICE being outshot 28-5. You just have to laugh.

Honestly how much more high end talent can they bring in. Their top 9 is stacked. Maybe they could have brought some more in on defense but the team is still crazy good.

Yup, wanted nothing to do with him at the draft.
It’s like an arms race. Edmonton loaded up on high-end guys like Guhle and Sourdif — you need to match that. Defence is definitely an area that could’ve used improvement too.

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Edmonton has been running our guys all night, and as soon as return fire we get a penalty :laugh:

B33R LEAGUE

"Just another day at the office" -Byfuglien
May 19, 2021
Went to the game on Friday. We were down 3 in the 3rd, but it ended up going to OT.

I must be getting bored of Jets games because my experience at the U of M barn felt 10x better than a Jets game. Cost me $30 for front row tickets.

The kids are playing for something and want to make the bigs. Lots of top end draft picks in this series.

Seeing the lineup of NHL scouts watching from a few feet away from us was pretty cool too.

The University crowd brought back good memories of my days in university. And by days i mean 7 years lol.

The crowd reminded me of the Jets early days when fans came up with amazing chants and the Honeymoon was in full swing.

I will definitely be going more often. Hope to catch the finals if/when they make it :)

Just an overall fun experience. Cant recommend enough!

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Went to the game on Friday. We were down 3 in the 3rd, but it ended up going to OT.

I must be getting bored of Jets games because my experience at the U of M barn felt 10x better than a Jets game. Cost me $30 for front row tickets.

The kids are playing for something and want to make the bigs. Lots of top end draft picks in this series.

Seeing the lineup of NHL scouts watching from a few feet away from us was pretty cool too.

The University crowd brought back good memories of my days in university. And by days i mean 7 years lol.

The crowd reminded me of the Jets early days when fans came up with amazing chants and the Honeymoon was in full swing.

I will definitely be going more often. Hope to catch the finals if/when they make it :)

Just an overall fun experience. Cant recommend enough!

They need to upgrade the seats and get rid of the damn buzzer for the TV timeouts but otherwise I agree it is a very enjoyable experience.

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Edmonton’s feed is an embarrassment. When the Oil Kings score they show their graphics on the screen WHILE THE GAME IS ON.

Reactions: Fairview

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
ICE need to get Savoie back. And I need to figure out how to turn the away commentators on in the CHL app, it’s quite annoying listening to the away homers.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad