OT: Winnipeg ICE sold - Moving to Wenatchee, Washington renamed Wenatchee Wild

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

RetroWinnipeg

Oct 27, 2016
www.youtube.com
I can guarantee that whoever wins that series is playing for the Memorial Cup.

Also, seeing on the Raiders and Warriors socials that each team had road game parties at their local bars.

BP Kenaston originally planned to air Games 3 & 4 of round 1 (by Wednesday, the restaurant effectively abandoned their promotion).

So anyone out there airing the game?
That was fast...

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011

Also, seeing on the Raiders and Warriors socials that each team had road game parties at their local bars.

BP Kenaston originally planned to air Games 3 & 4 of round 1 (by Wednesday, the restaurant effectively abandoned their promotion).

Especially with Everett already out the winner of that series would definitely have the inside track.

jetsmooseice

Up Yours Robison
Feb 20, 2020

I can't make it to either location, but now that I know they're a thing I will try and do it for the next round. It would be fun to watch on TV with some fellow ICE fans! I will definitely be watching the game at home tonight, though.

Interesting that they're having watch parties at two places at the same time, though. Where is the HFBoards gang gravitating to, BP or Smitty's? :)

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
So.... Ice vs Oil Kings is going to be epic.

That happens next round, right? Cuz same conference?
Yep - that’s next round. ICE have home ice but I would pin them as underdogs. They’ve had trouble with the Oil Kings for most of the year and Edmonton loaded up at the deadline while Winnipeg mostly just p***yfooted around.

Reactions: jetsmooseice

jetsmooseice

Up Yours Robison
Feb 20, 2020
Yep - that’s next round. ICE have home ice but I would pin them as underdogs. They’ve had trouble with the Oil Kings for most of the year and Edmonton loaded up at the deadline while Winnipeg mostly just p***yfooted around.

That's fair. The ICE couldn't beat the Oil Kings in 2019/20 and then in 2021/22 they only beat them once IIRC, after several top players had already left for the WJHC so I wouldn't put too much stock in that. Both teams improved at the deadline but the Oil Kings loaded up with top notch talent including Kaiden Guhle, Justin Sourdif and Luke Prokop.

I think the ICE can beat them with their new and improved defensive style of play, but it will not be an easy ride.

Reactions: snowkiddin

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
That's fair. The ICE couldn't beat the Oil Kings in 2019/20 and then in 2021/22 they only beat them once IIRC, after several top players had already left for the WJHC so I wouldn't put too much stock in that. Both teams improved at the deadline but the Oil Kings loaded up with top notch talent including Kaiden Guhle, Justin Sourdif and Luke Prokop.

I think the ICE can beat them with their new and improved defensive style of play, but it will not be an easy ride.
Should definitely be a good series. The ICE have better high-end talent than the Oil Kings, they’re just younger. Depth is a wash I’d say but Cossa could be a difference maker for the Oil Kings.

jetsmooseice

Up Yours Robison
Feb 20, 2020
Should definitely be a good series. The ICE have better high-end talent than the Oil Kings, they’re just younger. Depth is a wash I’d say but Cossa could be a difference maker for the Oil Kings.

Cossa is great but man, Hauser has been on an absolute tear for the last couple months. Granted he has had a light load during the playoffs so far, but I think he has it in him to win a couple of games during round 3. I hope I'm not jinxing the team by saying that, though :oops:

• Wow
Reactions: snowkiddin

RetroWinnipeg

Oct 27, 2016
www.youtube.com
I can't make it to either location, but now that I know they're a thing I will try and do it for the next round. It would be fun to watch on TV with some fellow ICE fans! I will definitely be watching the game at home tonight, though.

Interesting that they're having watch parties at two places at the same time, though. Where is the HFBoards gang gravitating to, BP or Smitty's? :)
Last round at BP: no audio and no atmosphere. They didn't even bother with Game 4 (may have to do with the Jets game on at the same time).

Therefore, I'll try Smitty's tonight (plus it's wing night).

jetsmooseice

Up Yours Robison
Feb 20, 2020
Last round at BP: no audio and no atmosphere. They didn't even bother with Game 4 (may have to do with the Jets game on at the same time).

Therefore, I'll try Smitty's tonight (plus it's wing night).

There was a watch party at BP in round 1?!?! I missed hearing about that somehow.

Yeah, without audio it's just not the same.

Smitty's on wing night is always a safe bet!

jetsmooseice

Up Yours Robison
Feb 20, 2020
Welp. Not sure where to start with last night's game. Kind of sloppy with lots of turnovers, ineffective special teams and a more determined-looking Warriors team. They can get away with this against MJ but a game like that will cost them big against the Oil Kings if that's how round 3 shakes out as everyone expects.

I can tell you that BP Kenaston is a bust: they don’t even have the game on.

Smitty’s at least had the game without sound. No giveaways.

They really overpromised on this one…

That's weird. It's such a simple thing, you promise the game on at two restaurants, how do you not make sure they actually have the game on lol

I don't know why they didn't just do it at one place instead. I get that BP and Smitty's are both sponsors and want in on the action but honestly, I'm guessing the number of people who will turn out to an ICE watch party is pretty small, like under two dozen. So why not just do Smitty's this round, BP the next round or whatever. Seems simple.

Also I meant to ask you... how do you change the audio feed to the away team? I recall you mentioned it can be done. It's easy to do with AHL TV but I can't figure it out with WHL Live. I'm not a fan of the Moose Jaw play by play guy :laugh:

RetroWinnipeg

Oct 27, 2016
www.youtube.com
Also I meant to ask you... how do you change the audio feed to the away team? I recall you mentioned it can be done. It's easy to do with AHL TV but I can't figure it out with WHL Live. I'm not a fan of the Moose Jaw play by play guy :laugh:
Under the "Audio and Settings" function while playing your selected game, there should be an option to change to away audio.

At least, that's how it worked on Fire TV, iPhone, or Android.

Last edited:

jetsmooseice

Up Yours Robison
Feb 20, 2020
Great to see the ICE back on track tonight. Now let's close this out on Friday with a big win at home.

Edmonton is already waiting for the ICE in the conference finals after sweeping the Red Deer Rebels.

cg98

Oct 10, 2017
Isn't Daniel Hauser draft eligible this year? I see the numbers he's posting compared to his peers for this years draft and it's not even close. He's arguably the best goalie for this years draft and has been a brick wall for the Winnipeg Ice but no one has him ranked anywhere (maybe cause he's 5'11?).

jetsmooseice

Up Yours Robison
Feb 20, 2020
Isn't Daniel Hauser draft eligible this year? I see the numbers he's posting compared to his peers for this years draft and it's not even close. He's arguably the best goalie for this years draft and has been a brick wall for the Winnipeg Ice but no one has him ranked anywhere (maybe cause he's 5'11?).

Been wondering the same thing myself. He has had a red hot second half of the season, he has really stepped up big in the absence of Gage Alexander and has become the undisputed #1 goalie. No small feat when the other guy is a great goalie himself and already drafted.

I don't think I've ever seen Hauser even mentioned in the context of the draft. I don't get it, he's 18. Why wouldn't someone want to roll the dice on him? I know they like 'em tall these days but 5'11" is not exactly tiny.

I'm thinking of attending my first ICE game tomorrow.

Can anyone recommend parking?

With all your posts in this thread, I cannot believe that you haven't been yet! :)

The "official" ICE lots are the I and Q lots that you have to pay to access. But it is easy to find free parking if you don't mind walking a short distance, all other lots on campus that aren't marked as 24 hour reserved are free after 4:30 pm. I think a lot of people use the U lot near IG Field.

I'm really hoping the ICE can close out the series at home tomorrow night. With the Oil Kings resting for the conference finals, the ICE can't afford to drag it out any longer.

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
I'm thinking of attending my first ICE game tomorrow.

Can anyone recommend parking?

Ditto. Lol.

Looking forward to it!

The lot is just north of the main entrance a very short walk.
Last week I got there right at game time and didn’t have to pay anything

I think Q lot is where the game day parking is intended and they collect cash as you enter the lot.

I always park in U lot and it's always free.

Check the map ... http://umanitoba.ca/sites/default/files/2020-05/Parking_Map.pdf

cg98

Oct 10, 2017
Been wondering the same thing myself. He has had a red hot second half of the season, he has really stepped up big in the absence of Gage Alexander and has become the undisputed #1 goalie. No small feat when the other guy is a great goalie himself and already drafted.

I don't think I've ever seen Hauser even mentioned in the context of the draft. I don't get it, he's 18. Why wouldn't someone want to roll the dice on him? I know they like 'em tall these days but 5'11" is not exactly tiny.

With all your posts in this thread, I cannot believe that you haven't been yet! :)

The "official" ICE lots are the I and Q lots that you have to pay to access. But it is easy to find free parking if you don't mind walking a short distance, all other lots on campus that aren't marked as 24 hour reserved are free after 4:30 pm. I think a lot of people use the U lot near IG Field.

I'm really hoping the ICE can close out the series at home tomorrow night. With the Oil Kings resting for the conference finals, the ICE can't afford to drag it out any longer.
It's completely unfathomable imo. He has way WAY better numbers than a guy like Tyler Brennan whose touted as the top goalie for this year's draft (that doesn't say much considering how weak it is this year for goalies), and has gotten even better in the WHL playoffs. If Hauser was 6'3"+ he would be getting endless amounts of attention for this year's draft and would be the undisputed best goalie in the draft.

I would easily grab him with one of our late round picks.

Mooche

Feb 21, 2013
Winnipeg
I think Q lot is where the game day parking is intended and they collect cash as you enter the lot.

Check the map ... http://umanitoba.ca/sites/default/files/2020-05/Parking_Map.pdf

Thanks for the info and help guys.

Just grabbed my tickets, stoked to go to the game tomorrow.

Go Ice Go.

Guardian17

Strong & Free
Aug 29, 2010
Winnipeg
The lot is just north of the main entrance a very short walk.
Last week I got there right at game time and didn’t have to pay anything

Thank you for the parking suggestions! :thumbu:

You'd think I've been to a game by now, but, I've got lots of things on the go!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad