Speculation: Wings spare parts at the deadline (Actually, the tank thread)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Really? Do you think they should've traded for Graves instead of Leddy too?
It's great how people argue and tell me I'm wrong, and when I'm proven to be right then they resort to sarcasm and insults.

I still love that Tkachuk trade, only one member here had the decency to admit he was wrong. Everyone else did the same BS as you.

Edit: If Holland made the same trade, he'd be getting butchered by this forum by now. But hey, it's Stevie so Buttkrak is an ass, lol.

Last edited:

TheOctopusKid

Sep 24, 2010
Also, I would definitely be hunting for bubble team 1sts who are overly ambitious (CGY, OTT for some reason, PHI perhaps if things heat up), and especially teams who are old but have to make a last gasp to honor their old core (PIT, WAS).

All of those teams feel like they would offer up the 1st and end up falling out of the playoff picture and go into the lotto.

ZDH

Mar 6, 2008
I‘d prefer to re-sign Bert on a short term deal. But, if he’s turning that down and with the playoffs a long shot, I think you have to shop him then. I like Stankoven from Dallas as a prospect to target.
If I was an announcer I'd have a field day with stankoven's name. I always call him stank-oven.

The Flying Octopus

Sep 18, 2017
Bloomfield Hills, MI
No spare parts. George is gonna be the one to help them make the playoffs
7701A7CE-FD21-40A6-9429-FC1C77320C07.png

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2004
It's great how people argue and tell me I'm wrong, and when I'm proven to be right then they resort to sarcasm and insults.

I still love that Tkachuk trade, only one member here had the decency to admit he was wrong. Everyone else did the same BS as you.

Edit: If Holland made the same trade, he'd be getting butchered by this forum by now. But hey, it's Stevie so Buttkrak is an ass, lol.
I think it's more that you randomly bring it up in conversations that have nothing to do with that trade so you can once again say you were right and how you would've picked Raty.

A lot of people here are right about things. A lot of us are also wrong about a lot of things. Even a blind squirrel finds a nut sometimes. That doesn't mean it's not annoying when he keeps pulling it out his cheek to show everyone saying "See! See!"

If you're looking to an internet forum validate your feelings of being right and that you're smart, you're probably going to be unhappy there most of the time.

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010

doesn't help that you have a tendency of throwing in random hindsight stuff alongside your longer held opinions

like your new thing of also throwing in Wyatt Johnston every time you whine about the Cossa trade just because he's done well

Reactions: SoupNazi

Ricelund

̶W̶e̶ ̶l̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶o̶u̶r̶ ̶t̶e̶a̶m̶
Apr 16, 2006
New York, NY

I’m not even saying you’re wrong, you’re just on repeat.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
doesn't help that you have a tendency of throwing in random hindsight stuff alongside your longer held opinions

like your new thing of also throwing in Wyatt Johnston every time you whine about the Cossa trade just because he's done well
Hindsight my ass, I hated the pick when it happened. Trading up in the draft is a FOMO move. As for Johnston, I was told he's undersized, a defensive liability, and putting up numbers because of his teammates.

Wanted Raty in the second round, and everyone knows that.

I’m not even saying you’re wrong, you’re just on repeat.
People like the one above aren't helping your cause then....

I repeat because people say crap like "it's hindsight".

I think it's more that you randomly bring it up in conversations that have nothing to do with that trade so you can once again say you were right and how you would've picked Raty.

A lot of people here are right about things. A lot of us are also wrong about a lot of things. Even a blind squirrel finds a nut sometimes. That doesn't mean it's not annoying when he keeps pulling it out his cheek to show everyone saying "See! See!"

If you're looking to an internet forum validate your feelings of being right and that you're smart, you're probably going to be unhappy there most of the time.
This blind squirrel finds a whole lot of nuts, lol.

If Holland made the same moves you'd be arguing with me and not against me.

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
Hindsight my ass, I hated the pick when it happened. Trading up in the draft is a FOMO move. As for Johnston, I was told he's undersized, a defensive liability, and putting up numbers because of his teammates.

Wanted Raty in the second round, and everyone knows that.

People like the one above aren't helping your cause then....

I repeat because people say crap like "it's hindsight".

yes you've always hated the Cossa pick and been obsessed with Raty

the Wyatt Johnston stuff is the "hindsight"

like I said in the post you quoted, "throwing in random hindsight alongside your longer held opinions"

Reactions: wings95

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2004

Actually I'm not arguing either side of the point, especially when it comes to the "If Holland" game.

My point was that if you're here looking for validation about being right, you're probably going to be unhappy here. And your thirst for that acknowledgment often makes your posts repetitive and off topic.

Though i do suggest making "this squirrel finds a whole lot of nuts" the title under your profile pic.

Reactions: appiepi

JediOrderPizza

Apr 15, 2012
Tampa, Fl
Most of us were right about Necas, high fives all around!

Cossa trade is one thing but Leddy? We got Jake "lets shake" Walman out of that.

Snuggs

Jun 24, 2018

Talks about Puljujarvi being possibly put on waivers if Oilers need to make room for a trade.

Easy pick up? Especially if we anticipate a Bertuzzi trade?

Also Kraken might need roster room and swaping a pick/prospect for Will Borgen who plays the right side might be a good idea.

Roy S

May 16, 2009
Also, I would definitely be hunting for bubble team 1sts who are overly ambitious (CGY, OTT for some reason, PHI perhaps if things heat up), and especially teams who are old but have to make a last gasp to honor their old core (PIT, WAS).

All of those teams feel like they would offer up the 1st and end up falling out of the playoff picture and go into the lotto.
I'm guessing the best case scenario for teams like that is getting their unprotected 2024 1st.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Actually I'm not arguing either side of the point, especially when it comes to the "If Holland" game.

My point was that if you're here looking for validation about being right, you're probably going to be unhappy here. And your thirst for that acknowledgment often makes your posts repetitive and off topic.

Though i do suggest making "this squirrel finds a whole lot of nuts" the title under your profile pic.
As if I care, lol. I don't get to argue with people at work because I'm the technical expert. Everyone just goes along with what I say. So there's an entertainment factor here for me BECAUSE people will tell me I'm wrong.

If you think I'm looking for validation, then it is what it is. This is not my day job. I'm good at what I do for actual pay.

Most of us were right about Necas, high fives all around!

Cossa trade is one thing but Leddy? We got Jake "lets shake" Walman out of that.
No doubt, there were people that called it on draft day. FrkIt was the only one that specifically mentioned Necas, everyone else just hated the Raz pick, including me.

We could've had all of Leddy, Graves, and Raty. The team had 3 second rounders. We'll see if Walman re-signs, I do like his game now that his shoulder is fixed.

The difference between Leddy and Graves is that Chiarot wouldn't have been signed if Graves was on the team because Seider would already have a partner. That is why I keep making a big deal out of it.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
By far the worst, most misplaced use of FOMO I've ever seen
Fear of missing out? That's the only reason why you trade up in a draft. It rarely works out well for the team trading up.

You are entitled to your opinion, but seems like you don't know what it stands for. Either that or you think trading up in the first round is a good idea, and obviously I don't.

Last edited:

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Fear of missing out? That's the only reason why you trade up in a draft. It rarely works out well for the team trading up.

You are entitled to your opinion, but seems like you don't know what it stands for.
It seems you have no idea why that saying even exists. It's not really supposed to be used when talking about finite opportunities like drafting high-end goalie talents.

Actually, it's more accurate to say you suffer from FOMO because some other teams got nice prospects too. Every guide for getting over FOMO applies to the way you're thinking about Räty, none of them really apply to how you're supposed to rebuild a hockey team.

Reactions: SoupNazi

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
It seems you have no idea why that saying even exists. It's not really supposed to be used when talking about finite opportunities like drafting high-end goalie talents.

Actually, it's more accurate to say you suffer from FOMO because some other teams got nice prospects too. Every guide for getting over FOMO applies to the way you're thinking about Räty, none of them really apply to how you're supposed to rebuild a hockey team.
Fear of missing out is not a new concept. The younger generation uses it more in a social context, but the original meaning was basically compulsive behavior based on missing out on an opportunity. In financial circles it is still used in that context, such as buying Bitcoin because you're worried you will miss out on an opportunity.

Trading up and "buying" Cossa was a FOMO move in a financial context. I could care less about social media connotation of the word since I can't make money off of social media. (Though I've had a few people tell me to start a YouTube channel, because I'm actually funny in real life. Not so much here though, I admit.)

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Fear of missing out is not a new concept. The younger generation uses it more in a social context, but the original meaning was basically compulsive behavior based on missing out on an opportunity. In financial circles it is still used in that context, such as buying Bitcoin because you're worried you will miss out on an opportunity.

Trading up and "buying" Cossa was a FOMO move in a financial context. I could care less about social media connotation of the word since I can't make money off of social media. (Though I've had a few people tell me to start a YouTube channel, because I'm actually funny in real life. Not so much here though, I admit.)
I guess you hated Arizona’s FOMO-move in 2016? And thought we should have traded down in 2019 if only we didn’t have so much FOMO about Seider?

Man, it’s almost like these decisions actually matter and aren’t directly equivalent to a random houseparty or the endless grind of the stock market or bitcoin scam.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
I guess you hated Arizona’s FOMO-move in 2016? And thought we should have traded down in 2019 if only we didn’t have so much FOMO about Seider?

Man, it’s almost like these decisions actually matter and aren’t directly equivalent to a random houseparty or the endless grind of the stock market or bitcoin scam.
I wouldn't trade Hronek straight up for Chych right now, and that trade would have been a huge win if Holland went size queen and picked Tage instead of Cholo. (Tage being a complete hindsight call, admittedly).

Stevie is on record as saying he looked to trade down but didn't get any reasonable offers. From what he said it was 6th or 35th, and Seider wasn't gonna be there at 35th (every ranking had him well above that).

Terrible examples bud.

Roomba With a Bauer

Sep 11, 2007
We should get 4 first round Bertuzzi, Perron and Kubalik and our
I think you're going to be disappointed.

The thing with the team is, the roster has been absolutely savaged by injuries and the Vrana situation. Yzerman could well decide to hold serve, have Berggren on the roster full-time next year, promote Edvinsson, bring over Kasper and Wallinder (who are currently 3 and 1 in U21 scoring in the SHL, respectively), and hope to snag one or two decent free agents to shore up the roster. I would rather resign Bertuzzi than trade him for a second. His injury history will tank his trade value.

The injuries throughout our roster and the loss of Vrana tanked the team's offense, and no one except Larkin has any trade value as a result. I would rather jettison Suter and Zadina, hold on to the roster, bring over Kaspar to help fill in our center weakness, bring over Wallinder for the third pair, and hope to sign one or more of O'Reilly, Tarasenko, Pastrnak, Dumba, Gostisbehere, Severson to fill out the roster and push out some of the remaining AHL garbage.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Yzerman stand pat and keep the entire roster for next year. I think he is at the stage where is looking at making small changes every summer and iteratively improving the team.

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
We been in rebuild mode for 6 years already, it supposed to take 8-10 years, our highest pick was #4 just ones and we got lucky with Seider, but not really lucky with 2-7 rounds , not getting any 13 or 40. Just be patient for another 2 seasons at least

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
I think you're going to be disappointed.

The thing with the team is, the roster has been absolutely savaged by injuries and the Vrana situation. Yzerman could well decide to hold serve, have Berggren on the roster full-time next year, promote Edvinsson, bring over Kasper and Wallinder (who are currently 3 and 1 in U21 scoring in the SHL, respectively), and hope to snag one or two decent free agents to shore up the roster. I would rather resign Bertuzzi than trade him for a second. His injury history will tank his trade value.

The injuries throughout our roster and the loss of Vrana tanked the team's offense, and no one except Larkin has any trade value as a result. I would rather jettison Suter and Zadina, hold on to the roster, bring over Kaspar to help fill in our center weakness, bring over Wallinder for the third pair, and hope to sign one or more of O'Reilly, Tarasenko, Pastrnak, Dumba, Gostisbehere, Severson to fill out the roster and push out some of the remaining AHL garbage.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Yzerman stand pat and keep the entire roster for next year. I think he is at the stage where is looking at making small changes every summer and iteratively improving the team.
It was sarcasm comment. And I hope Yzerman doesn't keep most of the team. For next year we should have openings for Edvinsson, Kasper and Elmer and someone else on free agency

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad