Speculation: Wings spare parts at the deadline (Actually, the tank thread)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Snuggs

Jun 24, 2018
Yzerman needs to do something good here at the TDL.

He's got a lot of compounding moves this last year of just mistakes/bad choices. Needs to pull himself out of this rut with a good move or two.

Last edited:

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
I feel like I'm in an episode of The Twilight Zone, where I woke up and suddenly everything is backwards.

I've gone from, "Holland sucks, we have no prospects, nuke this thing and go scorched earth" to, "here's the long list of players and prospects I'm glad we have".

And it feels like most of this board has done the exact opposite, calling for heat on Yzerman, Lalonde, Tanguay, and any other scapegoat they can think of. As if the past six months have annihilated any chance of what had been an imminently successful rebuild.

It's. A. Long. Process.

take-it-chill.jpg

NickH8

Jul 3, 2015
I feel like I'm in an episode of The Twilight Zone, where I woke up and suddenly everything is backwards.

I've gone from, "Holland sucks, we have no prospects, nuke this thing and go scorched earth" to, "here's the long list of players and prospects I'm glad we have".

And it feels like most of this board has done the exact opposite, calling for heat on Yzerman, Lalonde, Tanguay, and any other scapegoat they can think of. As if the past six months have annihilated any chance of what had been an imminently successful rebuild.

It's. A. Long. Process.

take-it-chill.jpg
I have my gripes with Lalonde but I agree things are still looking up. I think the frustration is coming from the actual expectations that were there at the beginning of the year. People, including me, jumped the gun on declaring the rebuild over.

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
I have my gripes with Lalonde but I agree things are still looking up. I think the frustration is coming from the actual expectations that were there at the beginning of the year. People, including me, jumped the gun on declaring the rebuild over.
Yeah, he's an improvement but I as well have 3 key complaints.

1. Forward lines and PPs have been too blenderriffic. Blame it on Tanguay, whatever but there is far too much shuffling game to game.

2. D pairings are and have been sub-optimal all season. Listen to your analytics guy. Mo, Walman, Olli and Hronek are the top 4. Quit jamming Chia in there. Again, blame Boughner if you want.

3. Overall strategy is a bit too risk averse. Mistakes happen, but if you stifle your own offense you have a harder time making up for those mistakes.

Reactions: OgeeOgelthorpe

TheOctopusKid

Sep 24, 2010
Too early to start tracking where our scouts are? Wings scouts at DAL the last two games, could be either a 2nd line winger or depth D the Stars could grab from us

GoBoltz56

Brisebois 1st Rounder
Jul 31, 2004
Tampa and Michigan
He'd be a good fit in Dallas actually. Tampa doesn't have anything of value to give and couldn't fit him in the cap this year, and if by some miracle they could, he'd just be a pure rental. Edmonton has 1st round picks to give I guess but I think they're looking at bigger fish.

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
Bert really flipped the switch after that 10 day ASG break. Didn’t think we’d see the old Bert in a Wings uniform again. Fortunately the GMs in this league don’t usually have long memories so maybe we can still stir up a bidding war.

Reactions: WingsToPick4th

OgeeOgelthorpe

Riccis per 60 record holder
Feb 29, 2020
He'd be a good fit in Dallas actually. Tampa doesn't have anything of value to give and couldn't fit him in the cap this year, and if by some miracle they could, he'd just be a pure rental. Edmonton has 1st round picks to give I guess but I think they're looking at bigger fish.

Tarasenko is off the market so that leads ROR and P Kane as the big forward fish. That team definitely needs scoring depth.

Alternatively, Washington is a good dance partner again. They need depth to create separation in the east.

SoupNazi

Gee Wally/SoupNazi 2024
Feb 6, 2010
His agent needs to start telling him the truth. There isn't a team in the league that would think about an eight year deal for Bert.
No, there's not, nor do I think there's a team that's going to go more than three or four years with him, and certainly not at huge money. With the Bally Sports uncertainty and the implications of what that might do to the cap, Bert might be one of a few guys in for a rude awakening on the market.

Snuggs

Jun 24, 2018
Some dude on the trade forum wanted to give us Wyatt Johnston for Kubalik and Hronek.
This would be pretty good.

I hope something like this happens. This is a good trade I think both ways.

Stars would have to throw in a cap dump, idk who that is.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad