Speculation: Wings spare parts at the deadline (Actually, the tank thread)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

jaster

I am become woke, destroyer of ignorance.
Jun 8, 2007
Pizza Pizza place is have empty again this season, so it's not like fans are flocking to see them play
Well no, but if the Wings were even worse, in last place, I think it’s pretty crazy to think attendance would increase.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
Welcome to HFBoards.
Yeah, but here's the ultimate trump card:

Even if one side or the other in this debate could scientifically prove with photographic evidence that their strategy was unequivocally superior, IT'S COMPLETELY IRRELEVANT.

The ownership and front office of The Detroit Red Wings have already made their choice. Whether any of us are ecstatic or in agony or anywhere in between will do absolutely nothing to change it. Yzerman isn't going to rebuild the rebuild to chase Bedard, and there's zero indication that anybody else in the organization is not in agreement.

So we can all wax poetic or peel the paint off the walls in rage about what each of us thinks should or should not be done to build a Cup winner. But the actual franchise is going to keep going with the current plan.

Reactions: SoupNazi

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005

Even if one side or the other in this debate could scientifically prove with photographic evidence that their strategy was unequivocally superior, IT'S COMPLETELY IRRELEVANT.

The ownership and front office of The Detroit Red Wings have already made their choice. Whether any of us are ecstatic or in agony or anywhere in between will do absolutely nothing to change it. Yzerman isn't going to rebuild the rebuild to chase Bedard, and there's zero indication that anybody else in the organization is not in agreement.

So we can all wax poetic or peel the paint off the walls in rage about what each of us thinks should or should not be done to build a Cup winner. But the actual franchise is going to keep going with the current plan.
That's not true.

If you post hard enough on online message boards you can manifest real world change!

jaster

I am become woke, destroyer of ignorance.
Jun 8, 2007

Jeeez, Debbie Downer, can we not just snipe at each other in peace?

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
The Red Wings aren't getting a player drafting 10th that will make the team good enough to beat Toronto, Boston, Tampa, for a playoff spot anytime soon. That means, for at least the next three years, Detroit will not be making the playoffs at all no matter what they do.
It's possible for 5 teams from the Atlantic to make the playoffs. And I would even say it's likely in the coming years.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
That Boston team we have no chance of catching if we aren’t tanking for 1-3 picks:

McAvoy at 14
Pastrnak at 25
Bergeron at 45
Marchand at 71

Research, scouting, and development can be just as good of a strategy as luck.
BuT nO CuP wItHoUt BeDaRd!!!

help-us-obi-wan-meme.jpg

Reactions: Larkin2AA

StargateSG1

Nov 26, 2016
Red Wings attendance is 94% capacity, 18,800 people on average this season. Easy shit to look up.
That's "official" numbers from Ilitch.
Next time you actually watch the game, look at all the empty seats, which they are trying to conseal, not making many wide shots.

Reactions: nhlisawesome

OgeeOgelthorpe

Riccis per 60 record holder
Feb 29, 2020
Next time you actually watch the game, look at all the empty seats, which they are trying to conseal, not making many wide shots.

Even if they’re empty they are still sold. I remember when I had season tickets at the Joe most lower bowl seats were empty except for big games. Those seats were predominantly owned by by corporations .

The only thing Ilitch would be upset about is those empty seats not buying stuff at the concession stand.

Mister Ed

Dec 21, 2008

Not every arena is like Arizona, where you can actually fit everyone in one shot.

ThankGord

Jul 11, 2018
GR, MI

It’s not a conspiracy, people are enjoying the bars and restaurants in the concourse. Pretty sure misrepresenting attendance numbers would put them in legal danger with advertisers and sponsors.

Last edited:

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012
What would it take to get Timo Meier and Nico Sturm?

I would obviously start out with a 1st (conditional, as it seems like that is how the trades are going to go this year), Bertuzzi, Suter, Vrana, etc.

Suter and Sturm would be a hockey trade IMO, stats are similar but Sturm is better on the FO%

Meier, I would assume, would be the 1st, Vrana, Bertuzzi, but I am not sure what else to add, maybe a high level prospect like Wallinder or Aljo?

Curiosity I guess is getting the best of me.

It’s not a conspiracy, people are enjoying the bars and restaurants in the concourse. Pretty sure misrepresenting attendance numbers would put them in legal danger with advertisers and sponsors.
Not just that though, the seats in the lower bowl have always been given to corporate people and they all have those seats, but don't always go to the games.

At least, that is what I heard about at the Joe way back when.

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005

I would obviously start out with a 1st (conditional, as it seems like that is how the trades are going to go this year), Bertuzzi, Suter, Vrana, etc.

Suter and Sturm would be a hockey trade IMO, stats are similar but Sturm is better on the FO%

Meier, I would assume, would be the 1st, Vrana, Bertuzzi, but I am not sure what else to add, maybe a high level prospect like Wallinder or Aljo?

Vrana or Bertuzzi have zero value for a team like SJ.

Protected 1st and a kid or two to land Meier.

Sturm similarly they wouldn't want a guy like Suter.

Provided SJ is rebuilding. Apparently there is some doubt on if it is a rebuild or retool.

Reactions: Grinner

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland

Provided SJ is rebuilding. Apparently there is some doubt on if it is a rebuild or retool.

Give them 1st + Zadina + Veleno + young LhD not named Edvinsson or Wallinder.

I wouldn't cry for a second.

StargateSG1

Nov 26, 2016

Not just that though, the seats in the lower bowl have always been given to corporate people and they all have those seats, but don't always go to the games.

At least, that is what I heard about at the Joe way back when.
Absolutely nothing, cause they can't possibly beat front runners for Meier in Jersey and Buffalo.

DoMakc

Jun 28, 2006

Vrana might have some value to SJ. They are not winning next year, so they can afford to give him a chance and if he sets the world on fire (which is not out of realm of possibility as he will be going into his final year of contract) then flip on a deadline next year. But they might be interested in getting him on much lower salary (retention).

I don't understand why someone would include Bertuzzi in such proposals

HisNoodliness

Good things come to those who wait
Jun 29, 2014
Toronto
What's the minimum you guys accept in a Bertuzzi trade? At what point is selling him for too low too bad for future negotiations of this kind? Like if the best we were offered is a 7th, obviously none of us do that. You don't want to be the GM that accepts nothing and the possibility of deciding to resign him is worth more than a 7th. So where does everyone draw the line?

The follow up is what do we expect to get? I really want another first for this draft, and I think that should be available but Bertuzzi's mediocre season and frequent injuries kind of make him hard for me to gauge as an asset

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
What's the minimum you guys accept in a Bertuzzi trade? At what point is selling him for too low too bad for future negotiations of this kind? Like if the best we were offered is a 7th, obviously none of us do that. You don't want to be the GM that accepts nothing and the possibility of deciding to resign him is worth more than a 7th. So where does everyone draw the line?

The follow up is what do we expect to get? I really want another first for this draft, and I think that should be available but Bertuzzi's mediocre season and frequent injuries kind of make him hard for me to gauge as an asset
I mean... if he doesn't sign, and at this point I don't want him to, anything is better than nothing. Get a 2nd and a kid of some sort if you can get it. With enough 2nds/3rds we might be able to trade up for another 1st.

HisNoodliness

Good things come to those who wait
Jun 29, 2014
Toronto
I mean... if he doesn't sign, and at this point I don't want him to, anything is better than nothing. Get a 2nd and a kid of some sort if you can get it. With enough 2nds/3rds we might be able to trade up for another 1st.
So if the Leafs offer you a 3rd and that's the best offer, do you take it?

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010

What sucks is I for sure notice a difference when he's out there. He had a pretty sick feed to Perron last night where he got robbed. I also feel like Raymond has done noticeably better in the games where he has had Bertuzzi on his line as opposed to the games without. Would be curious to see some numbers on that.

Reactions: HisNoodliness

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Even with all the injuries I have to believe somebody is at least giving us multiple 2nd round picks for Bert.

Now if Meier really does move quickly, he becomes one of the more attractive remaining options. I am pretty sure we are moving on.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad