Windsor Spitfires 2019 Offseason Thread (Part 3)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

member 71782

When is the decision coming on ownership.

The sale that was in the works is off. Current ownership will remain in place but has been restructured so controlling interest has moved to the hands of those who were initially rumoured to have been pushing for the sale.

In the eyes of most it's simply a matter of time before they sell the team but not likely before the end of the 2019/20 season at the earliest. My personal opinion is after 2020/21 so the value can be built back up after this mess as well as increase the return to cover the costs of buying a majority stake. It also allows time to mend fences with the fans while making value moves that increase value.

Expect Windsor to be more competitive without going all in over the next couple of seasons so they have a high end product ready to compete with the system stocked with young talent and the draft board overflowing so any new group can come in to a team that can fill the stands and make a big push from day one. Also expect minimal internal moves so that coaching contracts expire for a new group while costs to the current group have been minimized by not having to pay out contracts that should be terminated.

Reactions: three dog night

punch1943

Apr 15, 2012
South Detroit
When is the decision coming on ownership.
The approval of the new ownership realignment should be done this week at the OHL meetings. Once that’s done expect some player announcements spread out over a couple of weeks and some new incentives for the STH and fan base as they begin to repair some of the damage done the last few weeks...

Reactions: three dog night

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
The approval of the new ownership realignment should be done this week at the OHL meetings. Once that’s done expect some player announcements spread out over a couple of weeks and some new incentives for the STH and fan base as they begin to repair some of the damage done the last few weeks...

They have a lot of work to do for the fans.
If they go half ass at this like other things they have done. Fans should laugh and stay away i hope.

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
You would have to be a fool to support this ownership group from a fans perspective. They have shown time & time again recently that their interests are not in the fans best interest. If you want to put your money towards allowing them to achieve their goals of maximum profits for a minimal quality products, now & after they have cashed out on their stewardship of the Windsor Spitfires all the power to you.
But they have a lot of proving to do in the name of wins & playoff wins before I'll believe the contrary.

Again, though, which is the lesser of two evils... having the unknown come in, players avoid, and potentially tear everything up, or having the status quo remain and players want to come here? I'm a STH and will remain so. Playoff wins will come; this roster is too talented to have it not happen. The "seven years" bs is going to end; we'll just have to find another thing turn into dust on here.

youngblood10

Jan 26, 2010
Again, though, which is the lesser of two evils... having the unknown come in, players avoid, and potentially tear everything up, or having the status quo remain and players want to come here? I'm a STH and will remain so. Playoff wins will come; this roster is too talented to have it not happen. The "seven years" bs is going to end; we'll just have to find another thing turn into dust on here.

Enjoy the games OHLTG.

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards

Why is it the lesser of 2 evils? If we are even broaching that subject it's quite clear the public has as many questions towards Savage etc... as they would with Parekh at this time. Most rational and open minded fans would give Parekh time to show his vision. Let him hire his GM, let the GM hire the coach, hire a proper scouting staff.

You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you cannot fool all of the people all of the time.

The fans are tired of being fooled, owners not being honest/transparent. Fans are tired of the rhetoric from management. Fans are tired of substandard coaching as well as the substandard hockey that has been paraded around WFCU ice surface the past 8 seasons.

Yes we know you will always be a STH and Savage et al.. really appreciate it. The problem you're just a single fan. Look at the crowds around you, getting sparse?? Sure looks like it. The chickens are coming home to roost and the fans are tired of being played. It's going to take more than a guy named Egor or Wyatt for fans to buy in.

Reactions: Sec108

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
Why is it the lesser of 2 evils?

Parekh - players uncertain, draft questionable, fans leery.

Cypher - players more at ease, draft not as questionable, fans appreciate stability.

Really, this is the one place where people have complained about the current situation. Not that I'm surprised, but it's true.

We could go on-and-on-and-on-and-on about what fans want but, strangely, we'll never agree. That's reality. I could say "this is what fans have told me" and you'd likely come back with the complete opposite. So, that's rather pointless, dontcha think?

Fact - we have the current regime now. Players appear willing to talk to the team now. None of that is bad. Could we use different systems? Yes. That's down the road, though. Let's deal with the summer as it comes. It's going in a good direction.

punch1943

Apr 15, 2012
South Detroit

Cypher - players more at ease, draft not as questionable, fans appreciate stability.

Really, this is the one place where people have complained about the current situation. Not that I'm surprised, but it's true.

We could go on-and-on-and-on-and-on about what fans want but, strangely, we'll never agree. That's reality. I could say "this is what fans have told me" and you'd likely come back with the complete opposite. So, that's rather pointless, dontcha think?

Fact - we have the current regime now. Players appear willing to talk to the team now. None of that is bad. Could we use different systems? Yes. That's down the road, though. Let's deal with the summer as it comes. It's going in a good direction.

What’s done is done. We can chew on all the things that put us in this position till the cows come home, however that gets us nowhere. Opinions are free. The fact of the matter is until the bell rings and the season has begun is a long way away. If I didn’t know better I’d think the majority of people who post here are hoping the sky falls down. If the Spits were to sign 5 guys this week I’m sure someone would be bitching that they didn’t do it last week rather than saying what great news. How about a good news Wednesday tomorrow...

Teflon

Jan 6, 2018
Rayzor your stirring the pot yet again. While ur post may sound righteous you know full well why it’s the lesser of 2 evils!!! Either that or I’m gonna question your lack of hockey knowledge again.... The dentist was running amok and he didn’t even own the team yet, he was commenting in public chat rooms when he was supposed to be quiet, he insisted his kids were drafted way before they deserved it....There was complaints coming from every corner of the hockey world that it couldn’t stand!! You wanna believe Parkh missed the deadline for a payment?!?! You do that, but in reality he was told your not buying that team. Don’t believe it? Then ask where the penalty cheque is for screwing the deal up. After all deposits are forfeit if you miss payment! You really think Savage just ate a sale this big?? No way, he agreed with the BOG decision of no sale and the group is making the best of that decision.

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards
Rayzor your stirring the pot yet again. While ur post may sound righteous you know full well why it’s the lesser of 2 evils!!! Either that or I’m gonna question your lack of hockey knowledge again.... The dentist was running amok and he didn’t even own the team yet, he was commenting in public chat rooms when he was supposed to be quiet, he insisted his kids were drafted way before they deserved it....There was complaints coming from every corner of the hockey world that it couldn’t stand!! You wanna believe Parkh missed the deadline for a payment?!?! You do that, but in reality he was told your not buying that team. Don’t believe it? Then ask where the penalty cheque is for screwing the deal up. After all deposits are forfeit if you miss payment! You really think Savage just ate a sale this big?? No way, he agreed with the BOG decision of no sale and the group is making the best of that decision.

You do you Teflon. Nobody is saying Parekh would have been bad but in reality which the real world is. You would need to give him the opportunity to show his vision. It's no different than people giving Rychel carte blanche and rationalizing his failures over the years. The complaints coming from every corner that's just opinion. Nobody knows how he would have been as an owner. We could guess but there was never any certainty. The Savage's weren't going to eat that sale because they were never majority before the restructuring it would have been Boughner and he never had the money hence why he's selling his interest.

You're also missing the boat entirely which isn't a shock. This isn't about Parekh anymore this is about whether you trust the Savage group, Rychel and this coaching staff to deliver in the near term because everything points to this group not being around for the long term.

The lesser of 2 evils at least someone is acknowledging finally there are 2 evils and this current group shouldn't and can't be trusted.

Teflon

Jan 6, 2018
Lol still trying to dish eh!! Lots of people are saying he would be bad, just from the initial sample of his meddling and inability to keep quiet. That’s reality it happened that way in real time! WR came in followed normal procedures and promptly built a winning team. The failures came later. I beg to differ, it’s not opinion when it in fact happened. Branch’s office received a ton of disgust in the form of emails, messages and direct conversation. That happened as well. Missing the boat??? Go back and actually read my last few posts, I clearly state where I stand with today’s owners. There were 2 evils the day Savage started this process. That’s also not being challenged. So have a look at your facts before you chime in on a subject your not really sharp enough to have an opinion on.

Reactions: madmarce

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
Lots of trust gone with this team.
Will be a few years before trust is back.
Team could be sold by then.
Enjoy the chaos while they r here still.

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
The complaints coming from every corner that's just opinion.

When your first rounder and Knights fans are saying "yeah, this isn't good", that should speak volumes. This isn't a few random people going "we don't like this." It was big hockey names going "this isn't right." I know some wanted to give Parekh a chance but there were too many things going against to allow it to get to a good spot at some point.

The lesser of 2 evils at least someone is acknowledging finally there are 2 evils and this current group shouldn't and can't be trusted.

It's funny - you've routinely said I can't admit when I'm wrong. Well, here we are. I used the wrong phrase. It's no secret that I appreciate what WR has brought to the club and I support him. (he's made mistakes, but we all know that) The reference I was getting at was the two sides of this - both have pros and cons. Both have good and evil. Which side is worse in the end? Right now, it's a sale to Parekh. Could it change down the road? Sure. Anything is possible. Right now, though, I'll take the stability.

The weird part about all of this - despite all this bickering, nothing will change. We'll wake up tomorrow with the current regime in place. For all we know, maybe this regime changes just enough within the roster/coaches to make everyone happy. Maybe it doesn't. The Parekh road was an uncertain one and that is what did a number on it. This one has certainty, at least in the short-term.

OHL 17

Nov 8, 2018
Windsor, On
This team cannot go forward with the same coaching and same on ice product (lack of leadership, boring, poorly conditioned, repeated mistakes, ect. ) without expecting the attendance to further dwindle.

The Savages may be frugal, but smart enough to turn this team into a profit making venture. After all the uncertain postseason conditions, and realizing ticket sales are now way down, change is inevitable!

Cherrydon

Jan 4, 2019
WINDSOR
I'm perplexed to say the least. As per OHL insiders, Boka on trade block due to a WR occuurance with Boka late last season? TL pet player was Boka. WR and TL have been seen on several occasions having a few pops and having a good time together. Bizarre dynamics to say the least. Frasca wants out and probably goes to Barrie after his brother signs with them. None of the players who left/wanted out the past 2 seasons have anything to do with ownership outside of Rychel./TL. Have Rychel/TL become to chummy outside for WR to properly control the coaching staff and or make tough decisions? Pretty sure you'd never see Dubas out with Babcock for a few pops. Yes the ownership debacle is a distraction but most of the STH we're already fed up prior to the rumours. What has changed. Who trades their captain before the season even starts? And if so should he'd have been captain in the first place then. I'm not defending keeping Boka. Keeping WR and TL is way more the issue. I don't think players deciding to come here or wanting out have much to do with ownership. There is no new owners and yet the players are still not flocking to sign on.

Reactions: ohl17 and windsor7

youngblood10

Jan 26, 2010
When your first rounder and Knights fans are saying "yeah, this isn't good", that should speak volumes. This isn't a few random people going "we don't like this." It was big hockey names going "this isn't right." I know some wanted to give Parekh a chance but there were too many things going against to allow it to get to a good spot at some point.

It's funny - you've routinely said I can't admit when I'm wrong. Well, here we are. I used the wrong phrase. It's no secret that I appreciate what WR has brought to the club and I support him. (he's made mistakes, but we all know that) The reference I was getting at was the two sides of this - both have pros and cons. Both have good and evil. Which side is worse in the end? Right now, it's a sale to Parekh. Could it change down the road? Sure. Anything is possible. Right now, though, I'll take the stability.

The weird part about all of this - despite all this bickering, nothing will change. We'll wake up tomorrow with the current regime in place. For all we know, maybe this regime changes just enough within the roster/coaches to make everyone happy. Maybe it doesn't. The Parekh road was an uncertain one and that is what did a number on it. This one has certainty, at least in the short-term.

Here's the real question you have to ask yourself. Was it the uproar that caused the deal to collapse? And if so should we as fans, the paying customers trust those people who made the decision and were willing to sell a community entity, to an unsuitable buyer? (I fully understand it's a business but sports teams do have unique civic standings with in their communities)

OHLTG in your previous posts you give lots of credit to the media & different campaigns against this sale & the part they played for a sale being on hold for now. Yet, don't want or can't see who the group that is responsible for this situation is. The evidence is in the post I quoted above shows how irresponsible this current ownership group is when everyone & their brother could see the disaster on the horizon. These are successful people, they can't possibly be that naive not to have seen this or have had caution. After all they have to have had several meetings together for a multi million dollar transaction to get to this point.

Now let's play the other side of the coin, none of that mattered & it was the dentist's financials fell through that stalled the sale. It only validates, that this current ownership group doesn't give a crap about the franchise & it's supporters.

Stability or lesser of two evil's narrative is ridiculous. The sooner this team is sold to qualified owners with the franchise's long term well being in mind the better. It's no wonder this team can't get out of the first round.

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017

with all due respect, i get that you like to look at the 'positve', which is fine, but i think that your taking a significant leap suggesting that its this black and white and that you can speak for everyone in this situation.

Reactions: windsor7

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
Here's the real question you have to ask yourself. Was it the uproar that caused the deal to collapse? And if so should we as fans, the paying customers trust those people who made the decision and were willing to sell a community entity, to an unsuitable buyer? (I fully understand it's a business but sports teams do have unique civic standings with in their communities)

OHLTG in your previous posts you give lots of credit to the media & different campaigns against this sale & the part they played for a sale being on hold for now. Yet, don't want or can't see who the group that is responsible for this situation is. The evidence is in the post I quoted above shows how irresponsible this current ownership group is when everyone & their brother could see the disaster on the horizon. These are successful people, they can't possibly be that naive not to have seen this or have had caution. After all they have to have had several meetings together for a multi million dollar transaction to get to this point.

Now let's play the other side of the coin, none of that mattered & it was the dentist's financials fell through that stalled the sale. It only validates, that this current ownership group doesn't give a crap about the franchise & it's supporters.

Stability or lesser of two evil's narrative is ridiculous. The sooner this team is sold to qualified owners with the franchise's long term well being in mind the better. It's no wonder this team can't get out of the first round.

:clap:

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
with all due respect, i get that you like to look at the 'positve', which is fine, but i think that your taking a significant leap suggesting that its this black and white and that you can speak for everyone in this situation.

You're going to have to show me where I spoke for everyone. The part you bolded were quick note points, nothing more, nothing less. Clearly, not every single Spitfires' fan is happy, nor is every single player. That's nearly impossible to achieve.

punch1943

Apr 15, 2012
South Detroit
Latest post by OHL insiders moments ago
New Windsor ownership structure sees the Cypher Group increase their stake up to 80%. Bob Boughner down from 51% to 20%. Warren Rychel Out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad