Windsor Spitfires 2019 Offseason Thread (Part 3)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sec108

Sep 5, 2011
So, people would rather them have players refuse to report, demand trades, and fans not come? I mean, if that's your thing... cool?
TG....if Player,Agents and Fan's cant see through this they deserve what they get.

Read the article and see all the contradictions, this group must think folks are pure dummies.And maybe they are.Time will tell.

Maybe telling the truth of what went down would help and be the right beginning back with both players and fans alike.

Lies that can be seen through bring back the question marks.............

Reactions: Teflon

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
So, people would rather them have players refuse to report, demand trades, and fans not come? I mean, if that's your thing... cool?

R fans really going to come back with this garbage coaching staff. Lol

Reactions: Sec108

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
TG....if Player,Agents and Fan's cant see through this they deserve what they get.

Read the article and see all the contradictions, this group must think folks are pure dummies.And maybe they are.Time will tell.

Maybe telling the truth of what went down would help and be the right beginning back with both players and fans alike.

PR is trash on this team.

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
I stand by my question. There are two ways this could have gone; it went the way of "we're back to stability." If people preferred the chaos, then there's no room to complain when stuff hits the fan.

Sec108

Sep 5, 2011
Lies do not equal stability.

Your missing the point.

Maybe with the fatty they can also give out rose coloured glasses.

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
I stand by my question. There are two ways this could have gone; it went the way of "we're back to stability." If people preferred the chaos, then there's no room to complain when stuff hits the fan.

Or u can keep the blinders on too

Sec108

Sep 5, 2011
I think our focus right now should be the 2023 priority draft anyone have thoughts on future prospects??

Sec108

Sep 5, 2011
Your point is that you believe this is all a major coverup and every player, media, fans, etc should see right through it. Correct?
My point is ....if you think bc certain owners are back and the coaching isnt going anywhere its all the best thing since sliced bread think again.Thats what Im saying !!!!!

With dentist buying we knew the reason why the draft went down as it did.Now what is the answer??

Yes I believe real intentions are being covered up.Never BS a BS'er is the old saying................

Reactions: windsor7

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
I think our focus right now should be the 2023 priority draft anyone have thoughts on future prospects??

Or at least the year when the contracts for all the coaches r up. So they can all be replaced if they arnt going to be fired. That year cant cant come fast enough.

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
Nobody is saying it's the best thing since sliced bread. We had two options - sell the club to the dentist, which creates mass uncertainty and players avoiding, OR, keep the club in tact with restructuring and ensure players want to come/stay. The latter happened. It's a good thing, at least in the short term. If people think it's a coverup, so be it, but I'd rather take this direction, to this point, than go with the dentist and all heck breaks loose.

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards
When an organization has to talk about stability being there it needs to show up in the product. To this point we don't know if there's stability. Correlating stability with the coaching staff returning isn't exactly a good thing considering Letowski's record over the 2 years here.

The organization has 2-3 months to start mending fences but the real mending has to happen on the ice by the form of wins and an exciting brand of hockey. Unfortunately what we have seen from Letowski it doesn't look like an exciting brand of hockey is on the horizon.

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
Nobody is saying it's the best thing since sliced bread. We had two options - sell the club to the dentist, which creates mass uncertainty and players avoiding, OR, keep the club in tact with restructuring and ensure players want to come/stay. The latter happened. It's a good thing, at least in the short term. If people think it's a coverup, so be it, but I'd rather take this direction, to this point, than go with the dentist and all heck breaks loose.

Hahaha

Teflon

Jan 6, 2018
You guys are all right! tag is right the dentist would have been worse. The rest of you saying there’s a full court BS press going are right! Coaches are staying to save money and ease a new owners transition. It must appear to be status quo so the worth stays with the team, the players play and they try to fill the seats. I don’t trust this group to do right by the fans any longer. If half of what I’ve heard is true the CHL should have found a group of honourable people to buy this team instead of what will likely transpire in the next while.

Reactions: aresknights

youngblood10

Jan 26, 2010
You guys are all right! tag is right the dentist would have been worse. The rest of you saying there’s a full court BS press going are right! Coaches are staying to save money and ease a new owners transition. It must appear to be status quo so the worth stays with the team, the players play and they try to fill the seats. I don’t trust this group to do right by the fans any longer. If half of what I’ve heard is true the CHL should have found a group of honourable people to buy this team instead of what will likely transpire in the next while.

100% in no way should this group be trusted.

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards

Agreed. You can still enjoy junior hockey and watch them on tv without giving ownership a single dime. It's ironic you use the word trusted because the same people are still in the organization but %'s of ownership have changed. Yet I can imagine there are going to be a lot of fans like yourself that won't be trusting this group and rightfully so.

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
All of this "trusted" talk kind of makes me wonder what would have happened if Parekh bought the club, cleaned house, and his sons started playing right away. Imagine, "we're cleaning house all-around. I want my players in there. Expect a full roster overhaul." Yeah, that would have gone well around here.

Reactions: randomhero4life

hullsy47

Dec 7, 2005
I'f u dont trust them just dont go 85 % of the Windsor area population could care less
looks to me the dentist paid rychel to draft his kids
it's amateur hour again
basically the surrounding negative response in the hockey world likely embarrassed boughner
rychel is likely as far as hes going in hockey

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards
All of this "trusted" talk kind of makes me wonder what would have happened if Parekh bought the club, cleaned house, and his sons started playing right away. Imagine, "we're cleaning house all-around. I want my players in there. Expect a full roster overhaul." Yeah, that would have gone well around here.

Imagine Parekh bought the club, cleaned house, sons started playing and in 20-21 was one of the best teams in the league. See this what if game would be fun.

Like I said earlier it's ironic that they have to mend fences and regain trust when the same people are still around. That just speaks to the damage that has been done lately.

member 71782

I think people questioning or no longer trusting the current group, while not limited to but a big part of is they are the same group that was willing to sell to Parekh and regardless of why the deal fell through which appears to be based solely on financial concerns have the nerve to throw meaningless platitudes at the fanbase to try to reassure them that everything is just fine.

There is as much uncertainty today as there was before they announced the sale was off.

While they may or may not be actively trying to still sell the team the fact they had a deal on the table shows they are open to the right offer.

Obviously with all that's gone on before the potential sale there was already a lot of lost faith by many fans in the organization. Post sale being cancelled and the biggest issue fans had that needed to be dealt with to restore some confidence and show a commitment to improving the product and regaining fan support, wholesale change of the coaching staff was immediately dashed with the announcement they would be returning.

Outside of the sale not going through, which was not a decision by the current group but an inability of the potential buyer what reason is there to trust that the current ownership group has any intentions of fully supporting the franchise beyond what will bring in the best return when they do sell.

No one can begrudge them their right to do what they wish with their investment, it's their money but a business fully reliant on fan support expecting platitudes and other bs about stability to return fan support should expect the reaction people are showing.

We've got the same group that was willing to sell to a potentially horrible owner, are they any different? If you take the platitudes at face value they appear to be but since most aren't buying the bs about the best interest of the fans being a priority then I doubt many see the current group as being any better.

People aren't looking for the lesser of two evils, they want an ownership group that's not simply waiting on a payday.

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
Haha if I said "cleaned house ... and in 20-21 was one of the best teams in the league", I'd have been laughed at for days and we both know it. Heck, I've suggested we'll be better next season (nevermind down ther road) and people are all over it.

Do you blame the fans for being cautious? Even the most loyal fans I know were scratching their heads at the entire Parekh situation. Yeah, there's going to be trust issues as, for the most part, it came out of nowhere.

youngblood10

Jan 26, 2010
Haha if I said "cleaned house ... and in 20-21 was one of the best teams in the league", I'd have been laughed at for days and we both know it. Heck, I've suggested we'll be better next season (nevermind down ther road) and people are all over it.

Do you blame the fans for being cautious? Even the most loyal fans I know were scratching their heads at the entire Parekh situation. Yeah, there's going to be trust issues as, for the most part, it came out of nowhere.

You would have to be a fool to support this ownership group from a fans perspective. They have shown time & time again recently that their interests are not in the fans best interest. If you want to put your money towards allowing them to achieve their goals of maximum profits for a minimal quality products, now & after they have cashed out on their stewardship of the Windsor Spitfires all the power to you.
But they have a lot of proving to do in the name of wins & playoff wins before I'll believe the contrary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad