Who Wins The Conn Smythe Trophy?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

bambamcam4ever

107 and counting
Feb 16, 2012
Both games 4 & 5 were "most important" for McDavid considering he was facing elimination in those, just as much as games 6 & 7. And the Smythe is for the entire playoffs. McDavid was dominant throughout the entire playoffs. Bob was not.
Those were the least consequential games of the series, because Edmonton were still likely to lose the series, and had the smallest impact in terms of odds on who would win the series.

• Haha
Reactions: CanadienShark

nergish

Jun 1, 2019
McDavid should have accepted it in person. Absolute shit move by him. He is the face of the damn NHL.

If the NHL suspends players for not going to the All Star game then they should suspend players for not showing up to accept a league trophy on the leagues biggest night of the season.
Has anyone ever not accepted the trophy before?

Reactions: Sentinel

Dust

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2016
Those were the least consequential games of the series, because Edmonton were still likely to lose the series, and had the smallest impact in terms of odds on who would win the series.
They were elimination games, they are the same consequence as games 6 & 7. You win or you go home.

Reactions: Auston Marlander

bambamcam4ever

107 and counting
Feb 16, 2012
They were elimination games, they are the same consequence as games 6 & 7. You win or you go home.
From Edmonton's perspective, yes. But not from Florida's, which is why from taking a step back and just looking at how a single game affects the chance one team or the other would win the series, game 4 was clearly the least important.

HANK30

Tom Brady 4-3 in SBs without Patriot cheating
Has anyone ever not accepted the trophy before?

Interesting question. The last two times someone on the losing team won the Conn Smythe...

zj12cr0s8a471.jpg

csl-4.JPG

Reactions: Sentinel

tfwnogf

Dec 15, 2013
not accepting the trophy is a gangster move, he knows what trophy he is after and it isn't this one

still tho, Bob should have won it. He shut the door on them. Only allows 1 goal in game 7, was huge in the beginning games of the series, and outdueled Vasi, Swayman and Shesterkin.

Sentinel

May 26, 2009
New Jersey
www.vvinenglish.com
Even though McDavid earned the CS, it was really poor sportsmanship not to come out to accept it. Akin to not shaking hands with the opponent.

I wonder if Bettman even let McDavid know he won. He was awful quick in mentioning it and moving on to the Stanley Cup presentation. It's like Bettman didn't even want McDavid out there to be ridiculed by the Florida fans.

Last edited:

67 others

Jul 30, 2010
Moose country
Even though McDavid earned the CS, it was really poor sportsmanship not to come out to accept it. Akin to not shaking hands with the opponent.

I wonder if Bettman even let McDavid know he won. He was awful quick in mentioning it and moving on to the Stanley Cup presentation. It's like Bettman didn't even want McDavid out there to be ridiculed by the Florida fans.
That's not even close to the same.

Someone extremely emotional they were so close to the ultimate team award outside of an olympic gold medal not going out to celebrate an Individual award after losing is nothing like saying "F them" and refusing the post series handshake

Shane Diesel

Jun 8, 2021
The media still manages to give McDavid a consolation prize.

Should've gone to Barkov for shutting his ass down for almost half the Finals.

Tasty Biscuits

with fancy sauce
Aug 8, 2011
Pittsburgh
I feel like the finals really lost it for Bob (even in terms of second place), which is wild. He had the same # of stinkers as McD did (3). And his game 1 performance vs McD's game 5 performance is a wash.

Reactions: Miami Panther

pizza line

May 14, 2021
I'm genuinely shocked by the roasting of McDavid after he just put up one of the most historical runs in NHL history , like what am I reading here? Are all of you guys just trolls and homer fans of only your team? Do you guys not enjoy the sport?
He baby that stayed in locker room

• Haha
Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
😂😂😂you keep on believing that. By the way, the Final is part of the playoffs. He feasted on a weak Western Conference but couldn’t get it done against a better team.
He also feasted on the Cup Champs. :laugh:

This is such a dumb take. He doesn't care about himself or his awards. It shows he cares about his team and the single most important team award.

Lindberg

Bennyflyers16 get a life
Oct 5, 2013
I'm genuinely shocked by the roasting of McDavid after he just put up one of the most historical runs in NHL history , like what am I reading here? Are all of you guys just trolls and homer fans of only your team? Do you guys not enjoy the sport?

Ignorant fans. Pretending that Edmonton isn't just McDavid and Draisaitl. Heck Draisaitl was invisible most of the series and didn't have a goal.

The narrative of 'whoever the winning team is should get the CS' is so dumb. This series came down to a single goal and McDavid made a few plays that almost tied it.

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
A very well deserved win, and I hope it breaks the idea that the winning team must have it. I know it's happened before but with goalies, which is a different thing. Goalies are a central player and they can be the focus of an entire team in a very visible way. It's also common for goalies to steal the show in a losing effort if the winning team is much better but the series manages to get to game 6 or 7

Also him not coming out to get it doesn't matter. The moment belonged to the Panthers. I suppose they could have shown him posing with it later but are we really arguing about a photo op?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad