Who Wins The Conn Smythe Trophy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Despote

Mar 21, 2023
After the first two series it was Drai/Bouchard, then McDavid. Drai was really mediocre in this series though, while McDavid was driving the bus. McDavid was very good in every series though and doesn't have a mediocre series.

Right now it's McD/Bouch and then Drai.

blundluntman

Jul 30, 2016
McDavid's had 84 points in his last 46 playoff games since 2022 which is utterly crazy. If he performs normally (I'm expecting him to up his game even more tho tbh) he'll join Gretzky and Lemieux as one of 3 players to ever pot 40 points in a playoff run. I'm really hoping Edmonton wins it, but even if they don't, McDavid has as good a chance as anybody to take home a Conn Smythe regardless. I have a feeling this is gonna be one hell of a playoff series

Noldo

May 28, 2007
McDavid's had 84 points in his last 46 playoff games since 2022 which is utterly crazy. If he performs normally (I'm expecting him to up his game even more tho tbh) he'll join Gretzky and Lemieux as one of 3 players to ever pot 40 points in a playoff run. I'm really hoping Edmonton wins it, but even if they don't, McDavid has as good a chance as anybody to take home a Conn Smythe regardless. I have a feeling this is gonna be one hell of a playoff series

No matter how much we would want it to happen, only way McDavid (or any other player) would win a Conn Smythe in a losing effort is if the game is tight on a second intermission of game 7 (when they cast the votes) - or Oilers hold a comfortable lead in the second intermission and blow it in the third period.

If the cup winner is known at the time of the vote, the Conn Smythe is going to a player in the winning team.

My guess (hope?) this year is that it will be the captain of the winning team - unless someone close by (Draisaitl/EDM, Tkachuk or Bobrovsk/FLA) has a monster series in the finals.

Felidae

Sep 30, 2016
McD or Barkov’s to lose imo. Barkov has shut down every star player he’s faced.
Barkov is also frequently on the ice with Forsling.

He obviously plays a huge role. But so does Forsling. Reinhart is also really good defensively and even Ekblad has his moments. It's our 1st unit as a whole.

Reactions: TheGoldenJet

Felidae

Sep 30, 2016
Also, I can see McDavid or Draisatl winning the Conn Smythe even if they lose.

Florida has a few candidates like Barkov, Forsling or even Bobrovsky. But they arent so far above the rest of their team to the point where other players like Tkachuk or Verhaeghe can't overtake them if they have particularly standout SCF performances.

But Draisatl, McDavid and even Bouchard are just so far ahead of everyone else on their own team.

Caps8112

Sponsor
Aug 12, 2008
Oilers win it’s obviously mcd regardless of what happens
Panthers win = bob will have put on a show

Reactions: Macheteops

Matty Sundin

Jul 18, 2006
Updated

Oilers

1. Conor Mcdavid
  2. Evan Bouchard
  3. Leon Draisaitl
Unsung Hero’s that won’t get votes
  1. Zach Hyman
  2. Stuart Skinner
  3. Ryan Nugent-Hopkins
Panthers
  1. Aleksander Barkov
  2. Matthew Tkachuk
  3. Sergei Bobrovsky
  1. Gustav Forsling
  2. Sam Bennett
  3. Carter Verhaeghe

Oak

Apr 22, 2012
MA
If I was one of these dorky writers who get to vote on this stuff all my votes would go to Sam Bennett. :pcheer:

Although yea Barkov should be the guy, but still, Sam F'n Bennett ladies and gentlemen!!!!

Daishi

Apr 12, 2010
Once he leads the Oilers to the Cup and win the Smythe with a +40pts performance, McDavid will cement himself as the 5th best player ever
3rd best. And if he wins 5 more Art Ross and Hart trophies and no more cups the best ever. Because of justified recency bias.

If I was one of these dorky writers who get to vote on this stuff all my votes would go to Sam Bennett. :pcheer:

Although yea Barkov should be the guy, but still, Sam F'n Bennett ladies and gentlemen!!!!
Bennett will take McJesus' head off game two.

1717613755057.gif

• Love
Reactions: Oak

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
3rd best. And if he wins 5 more Art Ross and Hart trophies and no more cups the best ever. Because of justified recency bias.

Bennett will take McJesus' head off game two.

View attachment 879780
No one’s been able to touch McDs head all career. But sure Bennet who had all the oppurtunity to do just that in Calgary as his Flames got routinely embarrassed by McD is going to be the one to do it.

Reactions: Porkleaker

elmaco

Registered Hockey Fan
Feb 1, 2017
Updated

Oilers

1. Conor Mcdavid
  2. Evan Bouchard
  3. Leon Draisaitl
  1. Zach Hyman
  2. Stuart Skinner
  3. Ryan Nugent-Hopkins
Panthers
  1. Aleksander Barkov
  2. Matthew Tkachuk
  3. Sergei Bobrovsky
  1. Gustav Forsling
  2. Sam Bennett
  3. Carter Verhaeghe
Never thought that Marchessault could win it but here we are.

Fishy McScales

Apr 22, 2006
schmocation
Updated

Oilers

1. Conor Mcdavid
  2. Evan Bouchard
  3. Leon Draisaitl
  1. Zach Hyman
  2. Stuart Skinner
  3. Ryan Nugent-Hopkins
Panthers
  1. Aleksander Barkov
  2. Matthew Tkachuk
  3. Sergei Bobrovsky
  1. Gustav Forsling
  2. Sam Bennett
  3. Carter Verhaeghe
I think you meant to say

Oilers
  1. Mattias Janmark
  2. Mattias Janmark
  3. Mattias Janmark
  1. Mattias Janmark
  2. Mattias Janmark
  3. Mattias Janmark
Panthers
  1. Random loser
  2. Random loser
  3. Random loser
  1. Literally no one
  2. Literally no one
  3. Literally no one

But in a broader sense, I'm absolutely in love with your list.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad