Who Wins The Conn Smythe Trophy?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dust

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2016
Watched every game. Have seen that Bouchard is greatly aided by playing with 97 & 29. Only has 3 points where either of those 2 haven't either scored the goal or got an assist.
Once again, he's become a good player. Just not Conn Smythe worthy.

While I don't think he'll win the Conn Smythe, his play has him deserving of being mentioned with the other two. They've aided as much from him as he has from them.

boopronger

Aug 13, 2008
Watched every game. Have seen that Bouchard is greatly aided by playing with 97 & 29. Only has 3 points where either of those 2 haven't either scored the goal or got an assist.
Once again, he's become a good player. Just not Conn Smythe worthy.
Then your eyes deceive you. Explain how Bouchard walking the blue line over and over and getting pucks through and scoring has anything to do with Mcdavid or Draisiatl. Hes not just dishing the puck to Mcdavid or draisiatl and collecting the assist. Again, clearly you have not been watching.

Fishy McScales

Apr 22, 2006
schmocation
Wait you legit don't believe Bouchard benefits from playing most of his minutes with McDavid/Drai??
A bit slow, are we?

The argument is that McDavid can make players around him better while still having teammates that are excellent players capable of performing away from him.

You’re essentially committing an informal logical fallacy in arguing that Bouchard is playing well with McDavid, therefore he's playing poorly away from him.

Reactions: GoldenKnight

ozzie

Aug 3, 2005
Australia
They could give it to Shesterkin right now, and nobody would really complain.

This is nonense.

Everyone outside of Ranger fans would complain. I don't think you can honestly give anyone the award unless they appear in the finals, written or unwritten rule. Has it ever happened before?

Reactions: Porkleaker

Fishy McScales

Apr 22, 2006
schmocation
Then your eyes deceive you. Explain how Bouchard walking the blue line over and over and getting pucks through and scoring has anything to do with Mcdavid or Draisiatl. Hes not just dishing the puck to Mcdavid or draisiatl and collecting the assist. Again, clearly you have not been watching.
I don't think he's lying necessarily, but he might not be the best at processing the game or challenging his biases.

Szechwan

Sep 13, 2006
A bit slow, are we?

The argument is that McDavid can make players around him better while still having teammates that are excellent players capable of performing away from him.

You’re essentially committing an informal logical fallacy in arguing that Bouchard is playing well with McDavid, therefore he's playing poorly away from him.
You are putting words in my mouth. I didn't say he's playing poorly away from him, I just don't think he's anywhere near his scoring rates on any other team.

Filatov2Kovalev2Bonk

Effortless sexy.
Jul 13, 2006
Cumberland
Barkov, he's been an absolute master on the ice. If the Panthers can overcome Edmonton he's a lock.
Shesterkin a good choice too but hockey is very conservative and they'd never do this.

Reactions: Cats711

Fishy McScales

Apr 22, 2006
schmocation
You are putting words in my mouth. I didn't say he's playing poorly away from him, I just don't think he's anywhere near his scoring rates on any other team.
Pots, kettles... You asked if I didn't think Bouchard benefitted from playing with McDavid which was a factually incorrect interpretation of what I said.

Bouchard plays well including away from McDavid. In fact, McDrai tend to be stapled to Bouch more than the other way around and perform worse away from him, albeit in a small sample size.

It works both ways, but any concept that isn't pushed all the way to one side of the spectrum from cognitive dissonance seems difficult for you.

I'll end the discussion here because there isn't any good-faith willingness to concede a point. Your entrenched bias prevents meaningful hockey discussion.

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
I just want Edmonton to win the Cup.

Against Florida, their 2nd kick at the can, I am worried. :(

But... We still need to get past Dallas so...

Reactions: Kerberos

Goptor

Jun 30, 2016
They could give it to Shesterkin right now, and nobody would really complain.

It would be really funny as a joke. Imagine having a hard fought series, the teams and media are out on the ice and they are setup to give out awards. Conn Smyth award is out and is being announced. Then all of a sudden Shesterkin jumps out from the stands, smashes through the glass, and say "that one is mine"

• Haha
Reactions: nthhypercube

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
McDavid has a really good chance of getting into the top 5 for individual playoffs scoring. Has 33 points in 16 games right now. Guessing at min 6 games left. Which means roughly 45 points for the playoffs.

DitchMarner

TheGlitchintheSwitch
Jul 21, 2017
Brampton, ON
McDavid is definitely and clearly ahead of Draisaitl on EDM's playoff MVP list at this point. We'll see what happens in the SCF, but if EDM wins the Cup, I'll be surprised if he doesn't get the Smythe.

Reactions: Macheteops

nerevarine

Nov 14, 2019
Now that the oilers made the finals a legit question is if mcdavid gets 40+ points can he get the conne smythe in a losing effort?

Macheteops

Apr 13, 2005
McDavid has a really good chance of getting into the top 5 for individual playoffs scoring. Has 33 points in 16 games right now. Guessing at min 6 games left. Which means roughly 45 points for the playoffs.

Not sure about the accuracy of your stats

Reactions: Video Nasty
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad