Who should the Chicago Blackhawks select 2nd overall in the 2024 NHL Entry Draft?

Who do the Chicago Blackhawks select 2nd overall?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
Status
Not open for further replies.

ello

Jun 12, 2018
Because of all the turcotte talk and lose a lot for turcotte memes, I watched him a lot. But I fell out of love with him from that because he seriously had to goals off of a shot. All his goals were dekes or rebounds. He seemed to have nothing from a slot shot even. I got concerned he wasn't a guy who could score enough. I wound up having no-one I loved that draft.

I was never a Byram guy like 75% here were. I just felt he didn't have a real #1 potential. Oddly I think like 3-4 Dmen this draft do have more #1 potential than he did.
Yea Lev reminds me of Turcotte in terms like the talk about how theyre going to be a number 1C/1D that is a "jack of all trades" that put up big time points but doesnt really have any singular NHL star qualities. I felt the exact same about Turcotte back then, I felt like his highlight reel was super unwhelming relative to his point total and now Lev falls into the same category for me

Reactions: Muffinalt

ello

Jun 12, 2018
It has nothing to do with being Russian. Levshunov is from Belarus it's basically the same thing.
Screen Shot 2024-06-25 at 5.34.53 PM.png

Im not making this up? This is a quote from TSN article today about Demidov.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
View attachment 887246

...and everyone knows Demidov has 1 year on his deal and didn't extend already because he will be coming over here. Heck, Michkov is coming over already when he did have more time.

Do you mean the Russian factor is real as an ACTUAL concern that the player is coming over?

Or that it's a mindset of GMs despite there being no rational evidence for that?

Reactions: Kevin Musto

ello

Jun 12, 2018
...and everyone knows Demidov has 1 year on his deal and didn't extend already because he will be coming over here. Heck, Michkov is coming over already when he did have more time.

Do you mean the Russian factor is real as an ACTUAL concern that the player is coming over?

Or that it's a mindset of GMs despite there being no rational evidence for that?
scouts work for GMs dude. Clearly it’s a part of the conversation, whether you believe it or not.

FYI ’m the biggest advocate for drafting Demidov and I think the Russian factor is bs

Reactions: bwana63

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
scouts work for GMs dude. Clearly it’s a part of the conversation, whether you believe it or not.

FYI ’m the biggest advocate for drafting Demidov and I think the Russian factor is bs
But do you think that conversation is rational? That there is any reason to fear Demidov not playing in north america?

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
I just bet 270 dollars to win 100 that the Hawks draft Levshunov. Seems like it's too good to be true.
lol what, it could be closer to 50/50

View attachment 887246

and guess who was at the demidov meeting...danny wirtz...so that right there says there is serious interest in demidov

Reactions: TheDachKnight

ChicagoHockeyFan

Mar 3, 2019
Would really like to see Davidson provide some uniqueness to our forward prospects either than the small compete types, need to just take a swing on more talent at some point

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad