Speculation: Who should be the new head coach of the Washington Capitals?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
well....I guess its settled. The Sharks lost. Epic choke for a franchise known for playoff flameouts. The GM and the coach are coming to Washington. from all ive read the organEYEzation is really well run.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Another job appears to be opening in Vancouver. I wonder when the Torts to Washington rumors start?

I think he would be great. When his reign collapses as they always do, the fan hate will be much more active with torts. the water bottle squeezing battles will be epic.

further, the caps passive media corp will be a push over for torts frequent one or two word pressers. "we know what we did.", torts. Katie, "ok". caps media director, "thank you all"

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
I hate Torts but admit he's a strong coach. Unlikely to fit the current caps however.

the tampa bay cup team was pretty skilled. boyle on defense and lecavalier and st Louis up front.

the only thing the caps don't have that team did have really is an old man andreychuk

Brian23

Dec 3, 2011
I just feel like where ever Torts goes now, offensive skill is just lost into an abyss. They've been at best average, or below average offensively since 06-07 range.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
This season in Vancouver has hopefully taken some of the lustre off of Torts, but he certainly seems like the type of candidate the Capitals would hire, and the media would speculate about.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
what about tortarella indicates that he is "the type of candidate the Capitals would hire."
leonsis has not backed hiring a coach with any experience to date. tortarella's resume would immediately disqualify him unless they change direction.

Halpysback*

How do you know if he's leading the right way if he's never done it before?

When you have such a weak locker room like ours, mentally, you need an established coach.

Hunter
Roy
DeBoer
Berube

Plenty of examples. Just don't hire the tards

Liberati0n*

further, the caps passive media corp will be a push over for torts frequent one or two word pressers. "we know what we did.", torts. Katie, "ok". caps media director, "thank you all"

:laugh:

HunterSThompson

[}=[][][][][]
Jun 19, 2007
Washington, DC
Ted on 106.7 the Fan just said in a response as to why he let Oates go that he thought it was time for a new voice from outside the Caps family. Just a tidbit I thought was interesting.

Skrudland2Lomakin

Jan 1, 2011
Any possibility on being able to snag Mike Keenan from the KHL, he's only one year into his contract but just won the Gregarian cup. If you can bring the Flames to consecutive playoffs you've obviously got something going for you. He has 3 SCF appearances with 3 different teams, that's impressive.

Liberati0n*

Any possibility on being able to snag Mike Keenan from the KHL, he's only one year into his contract but just won the Gregarian cup. If you can bring the Flames to consecutive playoffs you've obviously got something going for you. He has 3 SCF appearances with 3 different teams, that's impressive.

Plus he's a gigantic *******. I wouldn't hate it.

NobodyBeatsTheWiz

Happy now?
Jun 26, 2004
The Burbs
As impatient as I am about the coaching search, I've got no trepidation whatsoever. Whoever they hire can't possibly be worse than the worst coach in the league.

SpeedGame

Apr 17, 2014
Any coach who has a primarily dump-n-chase offensive system would not be a good candidate.

Last edited:

SimplySensational

Heard of Hough
Mar 27, 2011
VA
Evason's team eliminated from AHL playoffs. I was open to him at one time being the HC, but his team sputtered and he just got swept in the first round.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad