Speculation: Shesterkin on contract: I love the team, I love the fans so of course it will be great to stay here. But you never know what’s going to happen

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Cap will be $97-$98 mill in two years, over $100 million in three.

Given the cap was 82.5 million roughly this season that just concluded, that's almost $20 million in additional cap space being added to the payroll in a very short period of time ... if you're not using it to pay your best players, exactly what is the plan.

$10+ million for a goalie is not as big of a deal as people make it out to be, they've become used to COVID-era economics and don't fully understand how much cap space is being added in the next few years especially.

Reactions: nyrob13

The S5

Jul 27, 2017
Rangers are a bubble team without Shesty. Going to have to pay the man to stay relevant.
That's nonsense. You could make the argument that the team was just as good with Quick in net.
I think he's a top 1-3 goalie for the next 4-5 years, but I wouldn't over pay him to the point it hamstrings the team.

Reactions: nyrob13

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017
I bet rangers are willing to pay up to 11.5 and shesty wants more than that. I bet they settle close to 12m per.

No exact formula to winning the cup but getting rid of elite players to have more cap space definitely aint it.

Not unless you can replace them effectively, no

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad