GDT: Preseason Game 4. Oilers @ Jets; beer leaguer # 2. On Oilers+ at 6 pm

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
I’ll update the lines here as soon as they are confirmed. Don’t expect a very strong lineup for this one.

Remember - these games are meaningless unless your Ty Rattie or Brendan Perlini…otherwise take them with a dump truck full of salt.

Thread goes live at 5:30.

:edmonton *projected
Hoffman Pederson Arvidsson
Janmark O’Reilly C. Brown
Savoie Hamblin Griffith
Caggiula Philp Ryan

Kulak Emberson
Dineen Carrick
Hoefenmeyer Wanner

Skinner
Delia

:jets *projected
Connor-Scheifele-Vilardi
Namestnikov-Lambert-Ehlers
Niederreiter-Lowry-JAD
Gustafsson-Kupari-Ford

Morrissey-DeMelo
Samberg-Pionk
Stanley-Miller
Lundmark-Salomonsson

Kahkonen
DiVincentiis

Last edited:

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
I miss that picture you posted last year during training camp with that kid swinging upside down on a swing set waiting for the season to start. That’s me right now, figuratively of course. If I was to actually try that I wouldn’t make it to the start of the season.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
I miss that picture you posted last year during training camp with that kid swinging upside down on a swing set waiting for the season to start. That’s me right now, figuratively of course. If I was to actually try that I wouldn’t make it to the start of the season.

588F2D3E-DF30-4371-9B3B-30A573990F31.gif

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
I’ll post the lines here as soon as they are confirmed. Don’t expect a very strong lineup for this one.

Remember - these games are meaningless unless your Ty Rattie or Brendan Perlini…otherwise take them with a dump truck full of salt.

Thread goes live at 5:30.
Rumours yesterday that Skinner might be starting, but ya not a lot of NHLers going

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Jets lines, morning skate

Connor-Scheifele-Vilardi
Niederreiter-Lowry-JAD
Gustafsson-Kupari-Ford

Morrissey-DeMelo
Samberg-Pionk
Stanley-Miller
Lundmark-Salomonsson

Kahkonen
DiVincentiis

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
Got yer Back alluded to it - time for the group to start to play with a little bit more structure and pace. Not asking for 110%, but time to start building on each game ahead of peaking October 9.

On one hand I'm definitely a believer that the results of pre-season games don't matter, but on the other we played mostly a lazy, disjointed pre-season last year and it bled into the regular season. Just need to see things gradually going in the right direction.

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
Jets lines, morning skate

Connor-Scheifele-Vilardi
Niederreiter-Lowry-JAD
Gustafsson-Kupari-Ford

Morrissey-DeMelo
Samberg-Pionk
Stanley-Miller
Lundmark-Salomonsson

Kahkonen
DiVincentiis

Decent roster by the Jets. I don’t expect a great roster today but I hope it at least have some NHL lines/pairings in it. Especially if Skinner is playing.

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
Hoffman Pederson Arvidsson
Janmark Philp C. Brown
Savoie Hamblin
Caggiula O’Reilly Ryan
(Lavoie not skating but banged up).
Kulak Emberson
Dineen Carrick
Hoefenmeyer Wanner

Skinner
Delia

It’s Gregor so take with a dump truck of salt.

Hoping this is the last game we see this. Dinner, Carrick and Hoefenmeyer are just taking up space and not doing anything with it.

Hope to see as many as 6 d men going down/cut after this game.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Got yer Back alluded to it - time for the group to start to play with a little bit more structure and pace. Not asking for 110%, but time to start building on each game ahead of peaking October 9.

On one hand I'm definitely a believer that the results of pre-season games don't matter, but on the other we played mostly a lazy, disjointed pre-season last year and it bled into the regular season. Just need to see things gradually going in the right direction.
Results don't matter to me either, but as the boys on Gregor's show eluded to there are a lot of new bodies on this club.

Maybe you get lucky and guys just gel, but why risk it? Get the guys you plan on playing together to start playing together now instead of having to mix your lines up during the regular season because what you thought would work isn't.

Reactions: Davo Ikinzom

McSpecial DraiBlend

Feb 18, 2010
Kelowna, Canada
Rumours yesterday that Skinner might be starting, but ya not a lot of NHLers going
Man why bother unless you are dressing a decent roster. Last thing we need is him to get pumped because of what we are icing in front of him and have him feel down.

Philp has a chance to really impress between Janmark and Brown. If he wants that 4C spot he needs to kill it out there tonight.
He will see time this year imo. It's like finding lost money.

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
Gardening has been more exciting than these preseason games have been. Real hard to go from the intensity of the playoffs and SC final to split squad games or prospects games. It seems endless. I have faith that at some point we'll be back in regular season at least.

Oh well, more time to enjoy the great outdoors before the seasons change..

f*** Oilers+

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver
Great chance to watch bottom six hopefuls go against largely an NHL opening day roster. Eyes too on Kulak Emberson who might be mirror player types for compatibility on-ice. Skinner should have a busy night which is good.

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
Didn't Hoefenmeyer score? ;)

Who is Dinner?

Damn auto correct haha.

"Dinner" scored as well - and actually hasn't been THAT bad. I just think tonight should be the last game that features any defensemen that don't have the slightest prayer of seeing NHL action this year. Their poor play blows up the flow of the game, and there isn't any value to playing them. We should be running Stecher, Emberson, Brown, Dermott and Gleason pretty much every game going forward here.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
Damn auto correct haha.

"Dinner" scored as well - and actually hasn't been THAT bad. I just think tonight should be the last game that features any defensemen that don't have the slightest prayer of seeing NHL action this year. Their poor play blows up the flow of the game, and there isn't any value to playing them. We should be running Stecher, Emberson, Brown, Dermott and Gleason pretty much every game going forward here.
I ws going to joke if they're done like dinner. heh

I like Stecher and he was horrible in the Calgary game. Not sure what we can make of any of these games but I'd like to see some positives in the games.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad