Player Discussion Jeremy Swayman -V - all still silent

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

SwayHeyKid

Mar 14, 2022
He should have fired after the arbitration hearing last year. Regardless of how you feel about the process. It seems Swayman was completely unprepared for what would happen , and that is on his agent.
He knew he would be beat up. Doesn’t mean he had to be ok with it. Maybe he holds grudges. So be it. Swayman paid the price for the cap management the past couple years. Swayman also remember was the odd man out when Tuukka wanted to come back. Everyone can say what they want about Gross and I’m sure it’s warranted but let’s not pretend Bruins management hasn’t been douche canoes either

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
He actually didn't lose anything. The contract was pro rated, meaning he made 10M in the first year. Another way Leafs management pampered the star players

View attachment 909598
Pro-rated means part of the whole, i.e. he did lose money for every day he was out. If his salary was $10m and he sat out a quarter of the season then he was only paid $7.5m.

Now, if he was paid the entire first year as a bonus, then that would not have been pro-rated, bonuses are paid in lump-sums, so he would have gotten all his money.

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
He knew he would be beat up. Doesn’t mean he had to be ok with it. Maybe he holds grudges. So be it. Swayman paid the price for the cap management the past couple years. Swayman also remember was the odd man out when Tuukka wanted to come back. Everyone can say what they want about Gross and I’m sure it’s warranted but let’s not pretend Bruins management hasn’t been douche canoes either
“Odd man out” - the young goalie who didn’t require waivers got sent down versus the more experienced goalie who was lights out and would have been claimed in a heartbeat?

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
It's amazing to me how many people on this board dismiss or devalue the Bruins' win over the Leafs in last year's playoffs, even though most of us agree Swayman was arguably the biggest reason - can you imagine the reaction on this board now if they would have lost?!?

Swayman has a winning record against Carolina in the PO also (3-2). Wouldn't have been a 7th game against Carolina without Swayman.

SwayHeyKid

Mar 14, 2022
“Odd man out” - the young goalie who didn’t require waivers got sent down versus the more experienced goalie who was lights out and would have been claimed in a heartbeat?
That’s not my point. They felt Rask was a better choice then. What is Rask did play well and Swayman spent the rest of the season in the minors. He’s looking out for number 1, just like you or I would in our careers

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
Thought exercise only (aka please don't rehash the RFA vs FA thing, we all know they're different and that's not what I am asking):

If Nikita Zadorov is worth X to the Bruins, what do you think Jeremy Swayman is worth and why?

Also X?
X times 1.5?
X times 2?
More? Less?

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
Thought exercise only (aka please don't rehash the RFA vs FA thing, we all know they're different and that's not what I am asking):

If Nikita Zadorov is worth X to the Bruins, what do you think Jeremy Swayman is worth and why?

Also X?
X times 1.5?
X times 2?
More? Less?

One sets fear in his opponents. The other will be traded away in 4 years as a dump

• Haha
Reactions: EverettMike

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine

Also X?
X times 1.5?
X times 2?
More? Less?

Bruins have been in the market for LHD with size for the past few seasons, so I think it's definitely a check list item for them that they finally have. And while I'm not comparing the two results wise, I think the Bruins see the value in Zadorov in how he has similar attributes as Chara and miss that component in their defensive structure - a huge guy that can physically dominant, intimidate, and hit some booming shots in for goals. How that's quantified on paper, I'm not sure.

With Swayman, there may be some hubris involved in thinking that with elite level coaching and defense first teams, they've been able to turn Rask, Thomas, and Ullmark into Vezina winners ( most Vezina wins in the league since 09 I think ) so they may feel that Swayman is benefiting from the system and is set to do so again with a long term deal.

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
Bruins have been in the market for LHD with size for the past few seasons, so I think it's definitely a check list item for them that they finally have. And while I'm not comparing the two results wise, I think the Bruins see the value in Zadorov in how he has similar attributes as Chara and miss that component in their defensive structure - a huge guy that can physically dominant, intimidate, and hit some booming shots in for goals. How that's quantified on paper, I'm not sure.

With Swayman, there may be some hubris involved in thinking that with elite level coaching and defense first teams, they've been able to turn Rask, Thomas, and Ullmark into Vezina winners ( most Vezina wins in the league since 09 I think ) so they may feel that Swayman is benefiting from the system and is set to do so again with a long term deal.

Okay, sure, but what about the question I asked? I'm looking for what people think they are worth to the Bruins in terms of actual dollars. I just think it's an interesting way to think about it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad