Speculation: Who Goes First/Speculation/Rumors Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kane One

Feb 6, 2010
Brooklyn, New NY
Miller is the guy I would want if I'm Winny. And if that's what it takes, hell, I might pull that trigger. Realistically, if Pyatt did have value his ass would have been shipped out long ago so I don't think there's a chance in hell he's the asset that closes the deal.

OT: Where the **** has 31 been?

He seems to be 100% serious about something that doesn't involve HF.

Punxrocknyc19*

Impending free-agents Steve Ott, Cody McCormick and Henrik Tallinder could be talked about, too. What the Vanek trade showed is that the Sabres are open for business, and players know it. http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=435264

what would it take to get Steve Ott on the Rangers... he does know Brad Richards.. he can put in a good word.

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Pennsyltucky
Impending free-agents Steve Ott, Cody McCormick and Henrik Tallinder could be talked about, too. What the Vanek trade showed is that the Sabres are open for business, and players know it. http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=435264

what would it take to get Steve Ott on the Rangers... he does know Brad Richards.. he can put in a good word.

More than it would be wise for this team to pay. He's another piece you add to a contender. They just made him captain. Going to cost a 1st, or a prospect and a 2nd.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Well, now would probably be the cheapest time to go for Tyler Myers, considering his horrendous declivity in performance. But his contract is too high for what he brings.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Kreider is already on the team.

Go with the youngest team in the league most likely?

Miller
Fast
Kreider
Miller
Lindberg

All playing regular shifts?

Sounds like something I've been pushing for weeks

Speed line: Kreider - Miller - Callahan
Swedish line: Hagelin - Lindberg - Fast

speed kills.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
AV was asked about moving Richards back to center last week. He said no. They have Richards on the wing because of his foot speed. There is less skating on the wing. They put him on right wing after having him on the left side.

This is another reason why

AFTER KREIDER SETTLES IN AT LW ON HIS REGULAR LINE W/MILLER + CALLY

that he gets a few shifts in at C.

On the right matchups, could be lethal.

ecemleafs

Jan 4, 2009
New York
I'd seriously consider moving Girardi and Del Zotto. Girardi just doesnt seem like hes going to be a fit under AV. Hes great when it seems like all he has to do is prevent the other teams far and away most lethal player from scoring like its the case with Ovy and Washington but most other games hes just not very good anymore. He had a great 2011/2012 season but he followed it up with a **** year last year and hes looked terrible this year. Try and get as much as you can because I think he can be a disastrous signing if you are giving him years and money this summer.

MDZ needs to be moved for a top 6 winger, while he still can be. When he first came in to the league he played with swagger and moved the puck/shot the puck well but hes just another average at that now. I don't see him making the jump offensively that we really needed him to do, even though hes become a better defensive defenseman far quicker than I thought he would become.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
In the Rangers system,the right wing does the least amount of skating. When the other team sets up behind their net for their breakout,the Rangers send on one forechecker and its almost always the left wing. It was Kreider,Pyatt,Pouliot and Zuccarello last night. The other players drop back into a 1-2-2. The center moves the left side. In the defensive zone,the center comes back to help down low. That's why AV put Richards on the right wing. Less skating. Amnesty buyout.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
Hagelin will be a good fit in AV's system. His skating ability fits. Plays left wing. Fast will get more playing time in the AHL. Quickie played well in his limited role. He is responsible player defensively. The Rangers didn't use him in an offensive role but he has those skills.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
How does Andrew Gross have a job writing for any newspaper even the Bergen Record?

But, in the short term, Snow's bold move should improve his team while putting more pressure on Devils GM Lou Lamoriello and Rangers GM Glen Sather to improve their struggling squads.

Both the Rangers and Devils need an established scorer such as Vanek in their lineup, and now he's off the trade market. It will be interesting to see if the rebuilding Sabres, as they should, flip Moulson, a three-time 30-goal scorer with the Islanders, by the March 5 trade deadline for additional draft picks.

The Devils were put in the impossible position of trying to replace Ilya Kovalchuk after he bolted for Russia, and no matter how smart and strong Jaromir Jagr is, at 41, it's unfair to expect him to still be that type of player for 20 minutes a game.

The Rangers, though, have deeper problems due to the uncertainty of Rick Nash being out indefinitely with a concussion.

Sather and the team's brass cannot wait too long to determine whether they need to import another top-six forward. The due diligence part of seeing what's available to the Rangers – and at what cost – has already begun.

The Rangers, pressed against the $64.3 million salary cap, would have had a hard time fitting in Vanek at $7.14 million. But neither can they or the Devils let the Islanders pull away in the standings since the realigned NHL only guarantees three playoff spots to the eight-team Metropolitan Division.

Starting tonight at Nassau Coliseum, on the revamped top line with Tavares and Kyle Okposo, Vanek may show the Rangers and Devils just how quickly they need to react.

http://www.northjersey.com/sports/2..._Islanders_put_Devils__Rangers_on_notice.html

Two wildcards in each conference.

What does Andrew want them to do?

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL

nrf83

May 6, 2004
golf course
Hagelin will be a good fit in AV's system. His skating ability fits. Plays left wing. Fast will get more playing time in the AHL. Quickie played well in his limited role. He is responsible player defensively. The Rangers didn't use him in an offensive role but he has those skills.

That didnt take long; as soon as Giannone reported his nick name I knew RB would use it in his post :laugh:

NikC

Oct 7, 2008
So glad the lockout fixed the salary cap situation. 63m this year only to swell back to 80m in a few years time.

Regardless this season is nearly over for playoffs. Callahans body can't hold up. With Nash gone were set back to the 2005 season.

Dec 9, 2009
New York City
I can't take the lack of finish on this team. It can't be all about Nash and Callahan. There needs to be more. Either suck and get in the lottery or make a trade.

Cliffy1814

Nov 10, 2011
How does Andrew Gross have a job writing for any newspaper even the Bergen Record?

http://www.northjersey.com/sports/2..._Islanders_put_Devils__Rangers_on_notice.html

Two wildcards in each conference.

What does Andrew want them to do?

I agree. "Import a top 6 winger" as if there are a bunch of them available.

The only guy I can come up with is Yakupov. He isn't even a top 6 winger yet, but in the right situation (change of scenery) he could be. Also young, so it is not a win now move only.
Edmonton would love a guy like Girardi. I love his heart, but he is a limited player and looks like a fish out of water in this system.
I know he is a right handed shot, plays a ton of minutes, yada yada, but I would do Girardi for Yakupov

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Without knowing what or who is available, I have to think MDZ is being shopped for a top-6 young winger. Falk didn't look awful in his couple of games he played and they have McIlrath and Allen in the AHL who could play a few games if there was an injury.

Who is available though is the question...

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
again may as well look to next yr. Keep Callahan, Nash, Stepan, Brassard, Hagelin , Dorsett

the other F get lost, they are UFA anyway( Boyle, Moore, Pyatt, Pouliott ). Zucc is a RFA. so see ya. get picks and new blood back

They have young kids that can play but they may need more time in the AHL. Kreider, Miller, Lindberg, Fast, etc

Only guys that really have value are Boyle and I imagine Zucc on a different team may work out well for him.

In G just sign Hank and Talbot looks good.

On D deal DZ for a winger that can score or a young RD. Girardi is likely a goner too at this point. Try and get a bunch for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad