Speculation: Who Goes First/Speculation/Rumors Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
There was a stat from a few weeks ago regarding icetime. The Rangers are one of the teams which sees all of their forwards average 10 minutes per game. Something like that. AV uses all four lines. The Rangers need better personnel. AV had Torres and Raymond in VAN when they went to the Cup finals. Both of them are good skaters. Not the plodding plugs who block shots. The Leafs have a nice team. Good depth upfront. There's no significant drop off after the first 2 lines. Some guys on D who get the puck and wheel it up ice. The Rangers need an upgrade at 3rd center over Boyle. A little more offense in addition to the defensive responsibilities. The Rangers will get there as long as Sather steps aside. He will one of these years. The man is 70.

GoAwayGiannone

Feb 2, 2012
Queens, New York
There was a stat from a few weeks ago regarding icetime. The Rangers are one of the teams which sees all of their forwards average 10 minutes per game. Something like that. AV uses all four lines. The Rangers need better personnel. AV had Torres and Raymond in VAN when they went to the Cup finals. Both of them are good skaters. Not the plodding plugs who block shots. The Leafs have a nice team. Good depth upfront. There's no significant drop off after the first 2 lines. Some guys on D who get the puck and wheel it up ice. The Rangers need an upgrade at 3rd center over Boyle. A little more offense in addition to the defensive responsibilities. The Rangers will get there as long as Sather steps aside. He will one of these years. The man is 70.

That was kinda dark :laugh:

Hopefully Hagelin and Cally will stop AV from playing Pyatt and Boyle 16 minutes a game.

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
Good points

If this applies how would AV see the current roster and who should stay and who should go (by this reasoning)?
Maybe something like:

Nash = ? BUYOUT POSSIBLY ? (Really hurts to say this)
Hagelin = STAY
Callahan = STAY
Stepan = ?
Richards = PREVIOUSLY BUYOUT REGARDLESS - NOW NOT CERTAIN
Zuccarello = GO
Pouliot = ?
Pyatt = GO
Boyle = GO
Dorsett = STAY
Kreider = STAY
Miller = STAY
Fast = STAY
Moore = BANDAID
Mashinter = GOON
Asham = GONE
Powe = GONE

McD = STAY
GIRARDI = GO
STAAL = ?
MOORE = STAY
MDZ = ???
STRALMAN = STAY
FALK = GO ??

THOUGHTS ON THIS?

List isn't bad, but I'd do the following:

Stay:

Forwards;
Hagelin
Callahan
Richards (again, if he keeps this play up, no reason to oust him)
Doresett
Krieder
Miller
Fast
Mash
Boyle
D. Moore
Zucc* (maybe)

Defense;
McD
Girardi
Staal
J. Moore

The rest can go

Why would Nash be bought out?

Can't buy out an injured player. Either keep him or trade him. If it's an overhaul then you trade him. Recoup some good pieces there.

So far as Nash getting bought as opposed to Richards, I don't think it will happen. Maybe they start to consider it if Nash comes back midseason and looks nothing like the player he did before a la Lindros.

Nash would be put on the Long Term IR, which gives us a cap hit penalty of $200,000 per season, VERY manageable. As stated, he couldn't be bought out if he was indeed injured.

Personally, I don't think he is worth the 7.8M Cap hit... Maybe 5-6 at most.

I'm all for trading him for another Gaborik-type player at this point, but perhaps I am just impatient. I'd like to see him return to form. Is it possible that he is past his prime? Maybe, Maybe not

Punxrocknyc19*

List isn't bad, but I'd do the following:

Stay:

Forwards;
Hagelin
Callahan
Richards (again, if he keeps this play up, no reason to oust him)
Doresett
Krieder
Miller
Fast
Mash
Boyle
D. Moore
Zucc* (maybe)

Defense;
McD
Girardi
Staal
J. Moore

The rest can go

Nash would be put on the Long Term IR, which gives us a cap hit penalty of $200,000 per season, VERY manageable. As stated, he couldn't be bought out if he was indeed injured.

Personally, I don't think he is worth the 7.8M Cap hit... Maybe 5-6 at most.

I'm all for trading him for another Gaborik-type player at this point, but perhaps I am just impatient. I'd like to see him return to form. Is it possible that he is past his prime? Maybe, Maybe not

You would keep Boyle and let Brassard walk???

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
I'd kick the tires on a Bogosian/Burmistrov's rights package from Winnipeg. They're floundering and could use a lefty defender.

As would I.

What about Bogosian + Burmistrov's rights for MDZ + ______

Knowing that Bogo makes 5+ million/season while MDZ is up for a new contract soon.

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
Have people really forgotten how good Nash was last season? Already?

To worry about his concussion issues is one thing. But he was a gamebreaker, much more so than even Gabby was.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007

Where do you get that his cap hit would be 200k per season? That's not how LTIR works. And you are also assuming that his career is over. That's a huge assumption at this point.

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
As would I.

What about Bogosian + Burmistrov's rights for MDZ + ______

Knowing that Bogo makes 5+ million/season while MDZ is up for a new contract soon.

Actually, I might back off on that thought now. For some reason I thought he was making $3.2M. No idea where I got that figure, but he's not a $5M player right now. You got the foundation of the deal I was thinking of, but I dunno if I'd be as interested in taking that risk now knowing what he makes.

In principle, it addresses a current need for us, and assuming Burmistrov has an out-clause at the end of the year, he fills a hole moving forward as well. Winnipeg would also be asking for a pretty hefty '+' in the deal.

Waivers

Sep 27, 2013
NY
Pyatt needs to be cut, I've said this since last year. He doesn't serve a purpose. He's a role player, that is underperforming.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
So I'm bored at work today do I took a list at the upcoming UFA's and here are the guys I would at least kick the tires on:

Callahan
Girardi
Hank
Stralman

Moulson
Bolland
Steen
Ott
Downie
Goc
McClement
Raymond
Reaves
Bollig

My opinion is that Pouliot, Pyatt, Moore, Boyle, Zuccarello, Asham, Powe will all be let go.

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
So I'm bored at work today do I took a list at the upcoming UFA's and here are the guys I would at least kick the tires on:

Callahan
Girardi
Hank
Stralman

Moulson
Bolland
Steen
Ott
Downie
Goc
McClement
Raymond
Reaves
Bollig

My opinion is that Pouliot, Pyatt, Moore, Boyle, Zuccarello, Asham, Powe will all be let go.

I'd stay far, far away from Moulson. He will be completely overpaid - maybe the league will get an early wake-up call on him when he doesn't have Tavares in Buffalo.

Those other guys are bottom 6 types - or 2nd/3rd line tweeners at best. It pisses me off we continually have to have conversations about importing these types of guys.

Boom Boom Geoffrion*

Kreider replaces Pouliot. Fast replaces Pyatt. Lindberg replaces Boyle. Keep Moore. Keep Zuccs. Asham's a goner.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
I'd stay far, far away from Moulson. He will be completely overpaid - maybe the league will get an early wake-up call on him when he doesn't have Tavares in Buffalo.

Those other guys are bottom 6 types - or 2nd/3rd line tweeners at best. It pisses me off we continually have to have conversations about importing these types of guys.

Obviously they all depend on the price but I wouldn't mind a couple of those guys to be a veteran presence in the bottom-6/stop-gap top-6ers in case of injuries.

Bolland and someone like McClement would help with face-off's PKing. The Reason I brought up Bollig and Reaves is because this team can not develop their own of this type of player.

With all of the guys I mentioned above leaving, that leaves A LOT of holes...

Nash
Hagelin
Stepan
Brassard
Kreider*
Miller*
Fast*
Callahan**
_______
_______
_______
_______
_______

That would be the 13 forwards

*If those young players solidify themselves as NHLers this year
**If Callahan re-signs

Lot's of spots will be open.

Boom Boom Geoffrion*

I'm pretty sure the poster was alive, and likely had an opinion about the Rangers, prior to the day he/she joined this forum. :rolleyes:

You have received an infraction at Hfboards.

Dear Trxjw,

You have received an infraction at HFBoards.

Reason: Humiliating of one awesome poster.

Your avatar has been removed as a result of your words of choice. Sorry Kreider.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad