Speculation: Who Goes First/Speculation/Rumors Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staxgod90

New Season New Dream
May 31, 2011
Westchester,NY
Why are we dealing Pouliot? The team needs his skating ability. Maybe when Hagelin comes back it's a different story, but he has actually been a pretty relevant player so far.

Pyatt has been taking up space and sitting in the penalty box.

to be fair Pouliot has taken some pretty boneheaded penalties too

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
I want all of them to go. I don't think you can win with these three guys. I ask my self, out of the guys on the roster, how close is the next contract one of them signs is going be in the euroleagues, or just flat out retirement, and I count a bunch of forwards playing on the Rangers. These three included. I want a roster full of difference makers, and not passengers.

The guys who look better playing against teams that don't make them pay a price to make plays are the ones I'm talking about. Get rid of all the passengers I say. Pyatt, Pouliot, Zuccarello are a start. But there are more guys on the current roster that need to go before any consistent form of winning can be expected.

With the way the team celebrated clinching point number 6 out of 18, you can tell that the bar isn't set all that high.

Dec 9, 2009
New York City
I want all of them to go. I don't think you can win with these three guys. I ask my self, out of the guys on the roster, how close is the next contract one of them signs is going be in the euroleagues, or just flat out retirement, and I count a bunch of forwards playing on the Rangers. These three included. I want a roster full of difference makers, and not passengers.

The guys who look better playing against teams that don't make them pay a price to make plays are the ones I'm talking about. Get rid of all the passengers I say. Pyatt, Pouliot, Zuccarello are a start. But there are more guys on the current roster that need to go before any consistent form of winning can be expected.

With the way the team celebrated clinching point number 6 out of 18, you can tell that the bar isn't set all that high.

but but, they scored yesterday.

Idlerlee

Apr 19, 2013

If anything they celebrated the entire effort the team put together. Last night it was actually fun to watch a Rangers game again. Everyone who played on the team contributed to that. (minus Pyatt, go away Pyatt)

No shame in celebrating a victory, especially one where they were clearly the better team

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
If anything they celebrated the entire effort the team put together. Last night it was actually fun to watch a Rangers game again. Everyone who played on the team contributed to that. (minus Pyatt, go away Pyatt)

No shame in celebrating a victory, especially one where they were clearly the better team

Agreed. While there is no denying that there are pieces that could - and should - be replaced (beginning with Pyatt), you want to see that kind of effort and enthusiasm from everyone on the team while they're still on the team.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
The Rangers look like they finally figured how to play the AV system. Their defensive reads are much better. The team will get caught at times but the goalie needs to make the saves. The Rangers need to play that way if they want to ever win anything. Collapsing in the defensive zone and dumping the puck isn't a winning formula. Get the puck. Quick transition. Go on the offense. The Rangers need to get the personnel to play that game on a consistent basis. Some of the players have the Tortorella stone-age hockey ingrained in them.

Ryan McDonagh also described how the defensemen are trying to “come out clean†from their own zone with the puck to set up an “attack with speed†through the neutral zone, “as opposed to dumping it and chasing to an area.†McDonagh allowed that dump-and-chase is going to happen and sometimes needs to, but the Blueshirts can’t be relying on it to the point where they’re not applying the ideal pressure, and instead their opponents are able to attack them with speed, instead.

http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/ra...essing-details-after-blowout-losses-out-west-

AV wants to pressure in their end zone and get the puck back. Come back hard defensively. Get it and wheel it up ice.

The Rangers also need some mobility on D. A player or two to skate the puck out of danger and create more offense.

Vigneault plays more players than Tortorella. AV uses all of the players on the roster. They need 4 lines which can play the quick game.

AV wants to play north and south. Puck management. Get pucks on net. Get players crashing the net. Look at how the goals are scored in this league.

AV today

"Went north south, chipped behind D, forced D into turnovers, allowed us to spend quality time their end.â€

http://blogs.northjersey.com/blogs/rangerrants/comments/lundqvist_will_play_in_home_opener/

San Jose plays the fast game

The evolution of the Sharks reflects the evolution of the NHL.

“I think that’s the way the game is going,†McLellan said. “Coming out of the [2004-05] lockout, you could delay and look for people and hold onto it a little bit longer. Teams have figured out how to defend that now, and you have to advance and try to stay ahead of the curve.â€

“When we are playing a fast game, we tend to be on top of teams a little bit quicker,†McLellan said. “We tend to get more sustained attack time and hem teams in. And when we’re not, it’s a pretty even game and we’re scrambling around in our zone.

“I think the energy that’s expended in shifts can either be expended defending or on offense, and there’s really not much in between anymore. So if you can get on top of teams and use your energy offensively, it really backs them off, and we’ve been fortunate over the first load of games here that we’ve been able to do that.â€

http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/news/nhl...r-real--stanley-cup-contenders-205401013.html

That's how the Rangers want to play.

Sather going out and contacting Prospal shows how out of touch he really is. :(

Clown Fiesta

Aug 15, 2005
Montana
they celebrated excessively because they've sucked lately, they knew they deserved to win, and Brass and Pouliot felt a lot of relief. That was Brass' first goal, if you've ever played and gone through stretches where you don't score, when you finally do it's a huge rush of excitement. If anything it shows that contrary to the belief if some of our most intelligent posters (in their own miss anyway) these guys do actually care.

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
The Rangers look like they finally figured how to play the AV system. Their defensive reads are much better. The team will get caught at times but the goalie needs to make the saves. The Rangers need to play that way if they want to ever win anything. Collapsing in the defensive zone and dumping the puck isn't a winning formula. Get the puck. Quick transition. Go on the offense. The Rangers need to get the personnel to play that game on a consistent basis. Some of the players have the Tortorella stone-age hockey ingrained in them.

http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/ra...essing-details-after-blowout-losses-out-west-

AV wants to pressure in their end zone and get the puck back. Come back hard defensively. Get it and wheel it up ice.

The Rangers also need some mobility on D. A player or two to skate the puck out of danger and create more offense.

Vigneault plays more players than Tortorella. AV uses all of the players on the roster. They need 4 lines which can play the quick game.

AV wants to play north and south. Puck management. Get pucks on net. Get players crashing the net. Look at how the goals are scored in this league.

AV today

http://blogs.northjersey.com/blogs/rangerrants/comments/lundqvist_will_play_in_home_opener/

http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/news/nhl...r-real--stanley-cup-contenders-205401013.html

If true, guys like mdz and many of our bottom 6 forwards need to figure out how to skate a lot faster.

Av's system requires good first passes, speed through the middle and guys who can recover and get back for puck support.

The plodding dump and change offense we were forced to play with torts fit those slow slugs to a t.

BBKers

Jan 9, 2006
Bialystok, Poland

AV today

Good points

If this applies how would AV see the current roster and who should stay and who should go (by this reasoning)?
Maybe something like:

Nash = ? BUYOUT POSSIBLY ? (Really hurts to say this)
Hagelin = STAY
Callahan = STAY
Stepan = ?
Richards = PREVIOUSLY BUYOUT REGARDLESS - NOW NOT CERTAIN
Zuccarello = GO
Pouliot = ?
Pyatt = GO
Boyle = GO
Dorsett = STAY
Kreider = STAY
Miller = STAY
Fast = STAY
Moore = BANDAID
Mashinter = GOON
Asham = GONE
Powe = GONE

McD = STAY
GIRARDI = GO
STAAL = ?
MOORE = STAY
MDZ = ???
STRALMAN = STAY
FALK = GO ??

THOUGHTS ON THIS?

Championship*

Good points

If this applies how would AV see the current roster and who should stay and who should go (by this reasoning)?
Maybe something like:

Nash = ? BUYOUT POSSIBLY ? (Really hurts to say this)

Christ, is that a dumb idea.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
The Rangers need an overhaul. There will be players shipped out. Every move they make should be made with the idea of playing fast and quick. It takes time to turnover the roster. Its not an overnight process. Is Sather up to the task? The next time someone in the New York media writes something bad about Sather will be the first time. Joke.

savebyrichter94

CALM LIKE A BOMB
Sep 14, 2008
PA
Let's assume worst case scenario for a moment regarding Rick Nash. (Not my personal belief.) If it came down to the buyout deadline next year and Nash is still having symptoms with little to no progress, who do you buy out? Let's also say Richards proves this year he is still good for 60 points and healthy.

It doesn't become such a ridiculous possibility anymore to buyout Nash instead. At least Richards could play.

You can't buy out an injured player so if he's still having symptoms you have to keep him. This is why people wanted Richards bought out over the summer because of the injury risk. If Richards were to get injured and still be so at the buyout deadline we would be stuck with his contract.

Championship*

Can't buy out an injured player. Either keep him or trade him. If it's an overhaul then you trade him. Recoup some good pieces there.

Punxrocknyc19*

How about Del Zotto and Brian Boyle to Coyotes for Mikkel Boedker, Henrik Samuelsson and 3rd in 2014..Boedker would add much needed speed to this team..

Raspewtin

May 30, 2013
If true, guys like mdz and many of our bottom 6 forwards need to figure out how to skate a lot faster.

Av's system requires good first passes, speed through the middle and guys who can recover and get back for puck support.

The plodding dump and change offense we were forced to play with torts fit those slow slugs to a t.

The only truly slow players on this team are Pyatt, Boyle, and Mashinter really. This is a good skating team. And when Nash, Cally, and Hags come back, forget it. They're phenomenal skaters. Some speed should be injected though, our centers are kinda meh in the skating.

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Pennsyltucky
You can't buy out an injured player so if he's still having symptoms you have to keep him. This is why people wanted Richards bought out over the summer because of the injury risk. If Richards were to get injured and still be so at the buyout deadline we would be stuck with his contract.

Can't buy out an injured player. Either keep him or trade him. If it's an overhaul then you trade him. Recoup some good pieces there.

Oh yeah, duh. Derp moment. :D

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
How about Del Zotto and Brian Boyle to Coyotes for Mikkel Boedker, Henrik Samuelsson and 3rd in 2014..Boedker would add much needed speed to this team..

Phoenix is loaded with defense and isn't going to trade one of their better young forwards and arguably their top prospect for another defensemen.

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
The Rangers need an overhaul. There will be players shipped out. Every move they make should be made with the idea of playing fast and quick. It takes time to turnover the roster. Its not an overnight process. Is Sather up to the task? The next time someone in the New York media writes something bad about Sather will be the first time. Joke.

Exactly. There are some players here that just aren't cut out for that style of game. McDonagh, Staal, Moore and Stralman are good skaters who can play that way. Girardi and Del Zotto are too slow. The group up front is quicker, but they still need work. Hagelin coming back will help, but there are moves to be made.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Exactly. There are some players here that just aren't cut out for that style of game. McDonagh, Staal, Moore and Stralman are good skaters who can play that way. Girardi and Del Zotto are too slow. The group up front is quicker, but they still need work. Hagelin coming back will help, but there are moves to be made.

Pyatt needs to go. Boyle, while he has been good, needs to go as well. Just no speed there.

MDZ needs to be moved. He just doesn't fit in here with this group and is playing out of position.

OverTheCap

Jan 3, 2009
We don't really have the depth right now for AV to use all his players and allocate ice time evenly. I wouldn't have minded if Pyatt was benched or had his ice time cut after he took his second boneheaded penalty of the game, but he ended up receiving more ice time than Brassard. Until we get a roster that fits his style, I am not opposed to having AV shorten the bench in the 3rd.

So far as Nash getting bought as opposed to Richards, I don't think it will happen. Maybe they start to consider it if Nash comes back midseason and looks nothing like the player he did before a la Lindros.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad