Speculation: Who Goes First/Speculation/Rumors Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boom Boom Geoffrion*

Kreider is already on the team.

Go with the youngest team in the league most likely?

Miller
Fast
Kreider
Miller
Lindberg

All playing regular shifts?

I like it. AV wants an uptempo game. Need fresh legs. If our 4th line is going to be averaging close to 10min a night it's not a terrible idea to have a young guy on the cusp of making the team playing those minutes. Usually you want those guys racking up minutes in Hartford. I like AV's style rolling 4 lines.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Good points

If this applies how would AV see the current roster and who should stay and who should go (by this reasoning)?
Maybe something like:

Nash = ? BUYOUT POSSIBLY ? (Really hurts to say this)
Hagelin = STAY
Callahan = STAY
Stepan = ?
Richards = PREVIOUSLY BUYOUT REGARDLESS - NOW NOT CERTAIN
Zuccarello = GO
Pouliot = ?
Pyatt = GO
Boyle = GO
Dorsett = STAY
Kreider = STAY
Miller = STAY
Fast = STAY
Moore = BANDAID
Mashinter = GOON
Asham = GONE
Powe = GONE

McD = STAY
GIRARDI = GO
STAAL = ?
MOORE = STAY
MDZ = ???
STRALMAN = STAY
FALK = GO ??

THOUGHTS ON THIS?

Nash isn't going anywhere. Rangers have too much invested in him--both in terms of contract and the components they gave up to get him. And when healthy he's their most legit scoring threat.
Stepan isn't going anywhere either--there's no ? about it. The slow start is somewhat because of no training camp and unfamiliarity with the coaching staff. He's too young and too smart of a player--a Rangers version of Patrice Bergeron. After Nash he is the second most important forward in the organization.
Callahan-stays--he is the face of the hard work ethic the team has become known for. In part that's why he's the captain.
Hagelin is staying as well. Speed and smarts--relentless forechecking--well rounded player. IMO he needs to get stronger and more feisty. Also needs to work on his scoring touch.
Brassard stays unless we can move him for something better.
Kreider stays in NY if he can add some offense and play more consistently. Otherwise he'll be back and forth from the Rangers-Hartford.
Miller--ditto as with Kreider.
I'd keep Boyle but move him to left wing--he can center for the pk.
I'd also keep Dorsett.

Pouliot and Zuccarello have to prove themselves over the course of the year. They both need to put up offensive stats. If they don't---then I wouldn't be bringing them back.
I like Fast--he's a smart player with very good instincts. He reminds me a bit of Patrik Elias or Daniel Alfredsson. That being said he looks a bit over his head right now. He needs to get stronger. I keep him but at this point in time I'm thinking he's going to need some AHL ice time--if only just to get some confidence in the offensive part of his game.
Dominic Moore--is a ? Mashinter is a ?
Asham, Powe and Richards--gone.
Richards needs to be bought out even if so far he's been the Rangers best forward. The last three years of his contract where he'll be 40 years of age are for $1 million per but the cap hit will be close to $7 mil per and the Rangers will take that hit whether he plays or not. They cannot afford that kind of handicap three years running.

McDonagh and Staal both stay. Girardi stays depending on a new contract. Ditto for Stralman. Girardi more valuable because he's proven he can play harder minutes than Stralman and in great quantity.
Moore stays. Del Zotto stays but he's trade bait.
Falk is ?
Henrik stays. MVP.
Talbot stays if he can prove he can handle the backup job.

Killem Dafoe

Hold my baby, man.
Jun 19, 2010
Land of Corn
As would I.

What about Bogosian + Burmistrov's rights for MDZ + ______

Knowing that Bogo makes 5+ million/season while MDZ is up for a new contract soon.

MDZ would most likely be a start IMO. They'll probably ask for Kreider and we'll end up settling for Miller. I'd imagine he would be our best bet in landing anything of value since we really don't have much to offer in terms of forwards.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
I like it. AV wants an uptempo game. Need fresh legs. If our 4th line is going to be averaging close to 10min a night it's not a terrible idea to have a young guy on the cusp of making the team playing those minutes. Usually you want those guys racking up minutes in Hartford. I like AV's style rolling 4 lines.

I also forgot Dorsett :facepalm:

Clown Fiesta

Aug 15, 2005
Montana
MDZ would most likely be a start IMO. They'll probably ask for Kreider and we'll end up settling for Miller. I'd imagine he would be our best bet in landing anything of value since we really don't have much to offer in terms of forwards.

Personally think trading Miller is a bad idea.

Killem Dafoe

Hold my baby, man.
Jun 19, 2010
Land of Corn
Personally think trading Miller is a bad idea.

Well yeah I'd love to keep him around but we don't really have anyone we can trade for that type of a package. I think we want to hold on to Kreider for a little while longer, most of our young prospects are doing fine, and you know what I would say to trading Kristo right now.

It would be dandy to trade Pouliot, Pyatt but not for a package with Buff in it. Who knows, Miller just might be the piece they would want and Sather might pull the trigger.

Boom Boom Geoffrion*

Well yeah I'd love to keep him around but we don't really have anyone we can trade for that type of a package. I think we want to hold on to Kreider for a little while longer, most of our young prospects are doing fine, and you know what I would say to trading Kristo right now.

It would be dandy to trade Pouliot, Pyatt but not for a package with Buff in it. Who knows, Miller just might be the piece they would want and Sather might pull the trigger.

Nobody on our roster should be 'safe'. The idea that players are untouchable is blasphemy.

The bottom line should always be regarding the teams itself. That's all that matters.

My attachment to players died a long time ago with #35 retired.

Killem Dafoe

Hold my baby, man.
Jun 19, 2010
Land of Corn
Nobody on our roster should be 'safe'. The idea that players are untouchable is blasphemy.

The bottom line should always be regarding the teams itself. That's all that matters.

My attachment to players died a long time ago with #35 retired.

I don't think anyone is safe, my whole thought process is what Winnepeg would want in return for that package. We have to be realistic and not assume they would be OK with MDZ and a guy like Pyatt. They would want something of substance. On the other hand we can't give too much. Miller might be the guy.

In reference to me hinting that I wouldn't trade Kristo that's purely a guess and also a personal opinion. I think he's going to be swell.

Boom Boom Geoffrion*

Lindberg doesn't sound ready.

I'm still waiting for this coach to put Miller at center. He played there during his two pre-season games and looked good.

He would be my 3rd center option.

I think he came very close to making the team out of camp. I think a a full year in Hartford is going to inch him that much closer to being a full-time player for us next season.

Boom Boom Geoffrion*

I don't think anyone is safe, my whole thought process is what Winnepeg would want in return for that package. We have to be realistic and not assume they would be OK with MDZ and a guy like Pyatt. They would want something of substance. On the other hand we can't give too much. Miller might be the guy.

In reference to me hinting that I wouldn't trade Kristo that's purely a guess and also a personal opinion. I think he's going to be swell.

Miller is the guy I would want if I'm Winny. And if that's what it takes, hell, I might pull that trigger. Realistically, if Pyatt did have value his ass would have been shipped out long ago so I don't think there's a chance in hell he's the asset that closes the deal.

OT: Where the **** has 31 been?

Killem Dafoe

Hold my baby, man.
Jun 19, 2010
Land of Corn
Miller is the guy I would want if I'm Winny. And if that's what it takes, hell, I might pull that trigger. Realistically, if Pyatt did have value his ass would have been shipped out long ago so I don't think there's a chance in hell he's the asset that closes the deal.

OT: Where the **** has 31 been?

Yeah i agree, I think for a package like Buff/Burmi Miller would be the guy, of course, after Sather says no to their Kreider inquiry.

And he's here, he's just hiding. lol

gary laser eyes

Apr 6, 2007
Lindberg doesn't sound ready.

I'm still waiting for this coach to put Miller at center. He played there during his two pre-season games and looked good.

He would be my 3rd center option.

Agreed. Miller seems more comfortable at center. Although he is more exposed defensively at center. He still needs to work on that aspect of his game. Also Hagelin needs to absolutely be put right into the lineup tomorrow, even if the team wins again tonight.

Kreider - Stepan - Richards
Hagelin - Miller - Fast
Pouliot - Brassard - Zucc
Boyle - Moore - Dorsett

AV has an inexplicable hard-on for Pyatt though...

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
read the nucks are down Schroeder, Weise , Booth and Hansen......they get Burrows back

3 F down deal Pyatt there immediately!

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
AV was asked about moving Richards back to center last week. He said no. They have Richards on the wing because of his foot speed. There is less skating on the wing. They put him on right wing after having him on the left side.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad