Who Do You Want to be the Next Head Coach of the NY Rangers?

Who Do You Want to be the Next Head Coach of the NY Rangers?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
It doesn’t really matter. This roster isn’t a fit for anything. It’s a mix of all kinds of types with no theme

Any good hire is going to have a strong system or tactical approach. The roster isn’t gonna align perfectly. And so that coach needs to be able to go to Drury and suggest guys in and guys out. And it’s probably gotta be real change. Not little swaps. He needs to be able to say Panarin doesn’t fit. Or Trouba doesn’t. Or Mika doesn’t. Or whatever.

And that shit isn’t gonna fly. Bc Drury is stubborn and bc they hamstrung themselves with contracts going for it.

bobbop

Henrik & Pop
Sponsor
May 27, 2004
Now, Suburban Phoenix. Then, Long Island

Well thank god
There is no way on God’s green earth that Bettman would have ever let his good buddy Dolan hire Quennvile. No f***ing way.

Quennville could probably get reinstated for Winnipeg or Arizona but not the Rangers.

This is nothing more than a preemptive kill.

Reactions: Chalfdiggity3

IDvsEGO

Oct 11, 2016
I’d pick someone who leads winning teams consistently and has gotten their team to the Stanley Cup finals. A proven pedigree as it were.
You mean a coach who wouldnt be available because he's coaching another team under contract?

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
I keep seeing this but Knoblauch wasn't exactly a "rely on the youth" guy. He actually relied more on the veteran players in Hartford than the younger guys.

He was also one more disappointing weekend away from missing out on the playoffs a fourth straight season. I really don't know why people are looking at him as a good candidate.

I mean if people are frustrated with Gallant's roster choices, Knoblauch would make them cry. Ask Bobby Trivigno.
Hartfords roster is not playoff worthy, they really have no business being there let alone doing well.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Patrick Roy. Don’t want anything to do with Knoblauch.

We need an alpha, not someone who will let Panarin get away with his country club shit. He makes a few lazy passes his ass gets stappled to the bench.

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010

Some interesting names here. Babcock is a no for me. Q is already out per Larry. Boudreau would be more vocal that's for sure, but he couldn't get to the Vancouver players this year. Tochett came in and they were much better.

Laviolette is the only retread I'd be interested in, but even that wouldn't be high on my list.

Definitely more interested in the assistants. I don't think Brunette will get looks with the DUI, but you never know. Carbery would be outside of the typical NYR hire, so I'm more inclined there, especially since he coaches the leafs forwards. Same for Hiller. Leach learned under Sullivan, so maybe you go that direction since Sullivan is probably not an option.

Machinehead

HFNYR MVP
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Dan Bylsma? He won in Pittsburgh. His two seasons in Buffalo were blah. The team was terrible. Eichel was a hard guy to coach. Their record wasn’t terrible for a bad hockey. He was an assistant coach with the Wings for Blashill. Assistant coach in the AHL and now head coach of the Kraken's AHL team. Coachella Valley had an excellent season and they have advanced to the 3rd round of the AHL playoffs.

Stu Bickel baby

i like the fact Bylsma continue to work as an assistant coach and went to the AHL. He didn’t sit home waiting for his next NHL job. Still a young guy at 53.
Nobody loves plugs like Bylsma loves plugs. Vesey would lead the team in TOI.

Reactions: The Gloaming

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
I can’t vote. I don’t think there’s a single coach in the world that can fix this team.

It’s the wrong personnel - even if they’re collectively very talented, the mix is wrong and there’s little wiggle room to make adjustments.

It’s the wrong culture.

It’s the wrong organizational philosophy.

It’s the wrong cap management (ties into philosophy).

Changing coaches every 2 years is like continuing to wedge a 2x4 under a sagging roof to support rotten beams. We can add another 2x4 and another 2x4 to keep the roof from caving in, but it will never fix the roof. You need to tear out the rot and make it structurally sound again.
A lot of coaches have short shelf lives. They just keep them far longer than they should.

Atax

Apr 7, 2011

Well thank god
Genuinely disturbing people want him coaching the team. It's a privilege to coach in the NHL and he's lost that right. Cant believe what people can look past if they think it'll make the team better.

Machinehead

HFNYR MVP
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
The only guy off the carousel I have any interest in is Sutter. If not, take a chance on somebody new.

Sutter has nothing to do with Calgary falling apart. First of all, people wanna pretend Sutter is why nobody wants to play in Calgary. Nobody wants to play in Calgary because it's Calgary. Sorry, it's the truth.

When they had Tkachuk and Gaudreau, those guys bought in and the team was a unit. Huberdeau is a baby and Kadri isn't a star when he doesn't have actual stars ahead of him in the lineup.

They were near the top in analytics and quite frankly, look at the roster.

Atax

Apr 7, 2011
The only guy off the carousel I have any interest in is Sutter. If not, take a chance on somebody new.

Sutter has nothing to do with Calgary falling apart. First of all, people wanna pretend Sutter is why nobody wants to play in Calgary. Nobody wants to play in Calgary because it's Calgary. Sorry, it's the truth.

When they had Tkachuk and Gaudreau, those guys bought in and the team was a unit. Huberdeau is a baby and Kadri isn't a star when he doesn't have actual stars ahead of him in the lineup.

They were near the top in analytics and quite frankly, look at the roster.
Yep. Fine if its Sutter, but outside of him I'm done with the old boys club crap. Id be fine if they hired someone I never heard of.

Brief Candle

Hank's Forehead Sweat
Jan 30, 2010
New Jersey
rocklandmusic.com
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad