Who Do You Want to be the Next Head Coach of the NY Rangers?

Who Do You Want to be the Next Head Coach of the NY Rangers?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 29, 2015
Hamburg
Is there any European coach available and willing to make the transition?
I've always wondered why Don Jackson hasn't come back. Won two cups as a player and has assistant coaching experience in the NHL. As headcoach of Berlin and Munich, he's won 9 German championships, including a three-peat with both teams. Don't know whether he would fit this team tho...

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
Dan Bylsma? He won in Pittsburgh. His two seasons in Buffalo were blah. The team was terrible. Eichel was a hard guy to coach. Their record wasn’t terrible for a bad hockey. He was an assistant coach with the Wings for Blashill. Assistant coach in the AHL and now head coach of the Kraken's AHL team. Coachella Valley had an excellent season and they have advanced to the 3rd round of the AHL playoffs.

Stu Bickel baby

i like the fact Bylsma continue to work as an assistant coach and went to the AHL. He didn’t sit home waiting for his next NHL job. Still a young guy at 53.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
Hello, familiar territory...
Hello, darkness, my old friend...

Some of the coaches on the list I know enough about to not want them. That doesn't mean they are bad coaches, just not what I feel the Rangers need right now.

I did a little digging to see who the hot names in coaching are and I found one that might fit the bill:

Ryan Warsofsky, San Jose Sharks assistant coach

The Massachusetts native came up through the Washington Capitals farm system, serving as coach and director of hockey operations for the ECHL's South Carolina StingRays.

Warsofsky won two Calder Cups as a coach in the Carolina Hurricanes system. The first came as an assistant with the Charlotte Checkers, which one respondent mentioned was especially impressive since "the team was on a shoestring budget." The second was as the head coach of the Chicago Wolves after the Canes switched affiliates. While coaching Chicago, Warsofsky was the youngest head coach in the AHL at age 34. He joined David Quinn's bench in San Jose this season, where he's in charge of the Sharks' penalty kill, a top-five unit in the league. "Good young mind who knows how to hold people accountable," one respondent said. "And he's won. You can never discount that."

That's music to my ears. Of course, who the hell actually knows how true that statement is. Would he hold Panarin's feet to the fire and get him to play the way he needs to play for this team to be successful? Would he do the same with other players? Would he install a system that provides structure for the team? We have plenty of individual talent. We need a coach who can shape that talent into a team that is more than the sum of its parts.

DekeR

Jan 11, 2008
We have the talent, we need to become a team that is also hard to play against and a new coach (no retreads) that can balance the act.

RangerBlues

Apr 27, 2004
BRONX NYC
A whos who of recycled coaches.
I dont want anybody off that list.
If they hire the likes of Boudreau or Sutter it would be a disaster.

mas0764

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 16, 2005
This board has some odd obsession with recycling former players & management. The goal should be to clear out Sather & his deep rooted cronies, not bring back vanquished ones.

The board takes its cues from the team and the team knows nothing but retreads, players and coaches alike.

GENESISPuck94

Sponsor
May 2, 2022
NJ
Brunette
Knoblauch

In that order based on the list. I'm not really interested in older coaches right now for this team. I want a younger coach with a modern understanding of the current trends in the NHL. Someone who can get the most out of the kids and get the vets playing a faster game.

If we can't get Brunette, then Knoblauch would be my pick. I like the idea of someone working their way up after paying their dues in the organization. He did a good job a few years ago when he was up coaching the Rangers for a few games. I distinctly recall the whole team actually playing better than the previous games before his fill-in.

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
Sullivan would be my preference.

I really don’t know what way they go here. Patrick Roy maybe being in the mix scares me lol

Brunette seems like the longest of long shots, no chance the Devils allow him to run off to their chief rival

Bacon Artemi Bravo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 20, 2007
What is the contractual situation with an assistant coach interviewing for a head coaching job? Would the devils be obligated to allow brunette to interview? Or not that simple?

Mike in Houston

Apr 20, 2015
Houston, TX
I want a coach who will hold the players accountable. If that means benching the 11.6 million dollar player from time to time so be it. If that means dropping Kreider down to the 4th line because he is having a bad game then so be it. If Mika is struggling and Chytil is on a heater then swap them. If K'Andre makes the wrong choice and pinches when he shouldn't or treats the puck like a hand grenade and it leads to a bad goal then bench him or drop him to third pair. Screw whatever money you make. It shouldn't matter. If you play like shit there will be consequences.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
I feel its gonna be Knobloch, id be ok with that, i think it would be a way of introducing more youth into key parts of the lineup.
I keep seeing this but Knoblauch wasn't exactly a "rely on the youth" guy. He actually relied more on the veteran players in Hartford than the younger guys.

He was also one more disappointing weekend away from missing out on the playoffs a fourth straight season. I really don't know why people are looking at him as a good candidate.

I mean if people are frustrated with Gallant's roster choices, Knoblauch would make them cry. Ask Bobby Trivigno.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
Brunnette is intriguing but look what happened to his teams, 2 playoffs in a row.

They get shut down. I love his attack style in the regular season, but you need to be able to adapt.

Avery16

Shake my hand, fatso
Jun 28, 2015
Brooklyn
Brooks reporting that Drury not interested in Q.

I don’t think the vets will buy in with just Knoblauch. Should go with a nice cop mean cop tandem. Get an old guy to scare them and Knoblauch can hold their hands.

In a situation like that I’d be ok with a Sutter. I think it’s short sighted to write off Q.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I was thinking about this while having my coffee this morning. With a new coach , if they can have more accountability maybe this helps the laziness and players not giving a crap, or play more responsible.

I’d honestly would not mind seeing meaningless production be effected(looking at you Panarin) in return for more responsibility in all three zones.

Reactions: Chalfdiggity3
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad