Who Do You Want to be the Next Head Coach of the NY Rangers?

Who Do You Want to be the Next Head Coach of the NY Rangers?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
His track record is really strong. Former players rave about him. Is it because he is not a new unproven guy?
Maybe I just don't view him as enough of a tactical coach, which I think is what we need.

I don't really care if we get a coach who leans on vets, that's natural. All I want is that Drury says is that either Kreider, Panarin or Laf is going to play RW next season. Don't give a f*** who does it, but someone is going to do it. All the rest should sort itself out. Trocheck out from PP1, insert Kakko or Laf depending on how you want to run it. That's about it.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
Maybe I just don't view him as enough of a tactical coach, which I think is what we need.

I don't really care if we get a coach who leans on vets, that's natural. All I want is that Drury says is that either Kreider, Panarin or Laf is going to play RW next season. Don't give a f*** who does it, but someone is going to do it. All the rest should sort itself out. Trocheck out from PP1, insert Kakko or Laf depending on how you want to run it. That's about it.
I wonder how much tactics head coaches do and how much assistants do nowadays. Im not saying we should hire Lav but I wouldn't automatically say no to someone that has coached 3 different teams to cup finals since 2004. He must have some idea what he is doing.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
His track record is really strong. Former players rave about him. Is it because he is not a new unproven guy?
He’s gotten past the second round once in ten years. He’s not bringing anything new to the table. He’s way past his shelf life. You bring in a guy like Laviolette to bring the Rangers to where they are now. He’s not the guy who is going to get them over the hump. He is old, fat and tired. Can’t be preaching to a veteran team about jam when he looks like he ate Ken Hitchcock. Would have loved him When we hired Vigneault. I’m not hiring him in 2023

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
I mean Roy would be interesting as all hell. Laviolette would be so uninspiring.

It's entertainment after all.

Yeah he’s a f***ing nut and there would be fun in watching him deal with the
Media but behind that maybe he learned how to actually run a team since his last time around.

I mean I doubt it but the possibility it there. Laviolette was ass in this league as recently as a few months ago.

Reactions: turcotte8

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
A Question....
Carbery has connections with the Leafs, they'll presumably need a coach, wouldn't they be first in line for him and if not then why?

Kords

Jun 19, 2019
Has Roy even interviewed? I'm assuming he hasn't until the Memorial cup. I wouldn't mind a psycho former player putting the fear of god into some of our players. If he is as structure oriented as that twitter clip suggests than that checks the 2 most important boxes for me.

It's been too long since there's been any Rangers drama, starting to jones for a fix. Hope we get some juicy updates soon.

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
Has Roy even interviewed? I'm assuming he hasn't until the Memorial cup. I wouldn't mind a psycho former player putting the fear of god into some of our players. If he is as structure oriented as that twitter clip suggests than that checks the 2 most important boxes for me.

It's been too long since there's been any Rangers drama, starting to jones for a fix. Hope we get some juicy updates soon.

His numbers coaching the Avs were downright horrible. His claim to fame is being snippy with the media, his playing career, and having success in the Q - a league of teenagers who don’t hit and where Lafreniere looked like a sure fire future superstar. Not seeing a ton of upside with a Roy hire.

Kravtsov420

May 4, 2019
Strike three and the clock strikes midnight if we hire Laviolette.

Quinn, Gallant, and Laviolette are the three same coaches.

We needed a strong X’s and O’s coach that would not be afraid to break up the country club and get through to the kids.

All indications were that Laviolette failed to get through to the kids in Washington.

We’re f***ed. This organization is f***ed man.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
Idk who the f*** this guy is but he made lots of good points
That's Frankie Corrado.

Those are the same points that have already been made. Roy is not that guy. He will fight with Drury over personnel just like he did in Colorado. People keep mentioning Drury played with Roy in Colorado. Roy also played with Sakic in Colorado. Roy is the coach-GM in Quebec. No thanks. The people in Canada mention his name because he played for Montreal and won two Cups there. Too much of a personality.

2014nyr

Jun 14, 2014
A Question....
Carbery has connections with the Leafs, they'll presumably need a coach, wouldn't they be first in line for him and if not then why?

arguably even deeper ties to the caps... played in for a couple years then retired to coach their echl team for like 5 years. is the jungle so who knows how closely the caps were monitoring...took an ass job in providence before spending a year as hc of hershey. was with leafs last 2 years.

not sure there's anything to read on wash not jumping on him though. because of where ovi is they're in that weird place where they have to delude themselves into thinking they'll be competitive and so a first year hc that ovi doesn't have a relationship with may not be what they have in mind. then again maybe they're just doing due diligence and he's quite high on their list.

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
That's Frankie Corrado.

Those are the same points that have already been made. Roy is not that guy. He will fight with Drury over personnel just like he did in Colorado. People keep mentioning Drury played with Roy in Colorado. Roy also played with Sakic in Colorado. Roy is the coach-GM in Quebec. No thanks. The people in Canada mention his name because he played for Montreal and won two Cups there. Too much of a personality.

There is a downside to every candidate RB. I would rather look at the positives. Failing as a HC is Roy’s only blemish on his hockey career. Perhaps he has learned some lessons in the 6 years he’s been out of the league. If Drury is willing to risk his job and hire him I’m willing to buy in to it too. I was hoping for a rookie coach but it’s a really tough sell to bring in a guy with no experience who has never won a championship at any level. I don’t think Spencer Carberry or Jay Leach are coming in and commanding the room with this group. They could use a fire breather.

howztheglass

Jan 27, 2009
The out list:

Babes
Q
Sutter

The waiting list:

Sully
Keefe
Roy
Mess

The maybe list:

Lavi
Carberry
Leach
Knobs

Just based off those lists the waiting list is by far the best, as I can't see the Rangers going with a young coach--too much on the line with the team mostly in place.

Not that I wouldn't mind some new blood, but Drury can't take that chance, so it's leads me to the waiting list.

Sully is head and shoulders above, Keefe maybe he's stays in Toronto maybe not, Roy is Drury's buddy, Mess is the emotional Ranger pick.

There are just too many issues with most of these lists. Gut feeling it's going to be a while before they announce a new coach if they don't wait it out then maybe Drury does turn to Lavi who at least checks some of the boxes but there's no disappointed box on the list.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad