Who Do You Want to be the Next Head Coach of the NY Rangers?

Who Do You Want to be the Next Head Coach of the NY Rangers?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

CLW

Nov 11, 2018
We're still putting Panarin on Dolan who had 0 idea who he was until he signed here.

That was ALL JG/JD. Fits their MO.

Except when Dolan hired Drury he explicitly said that he expects his team to pursue high profile UFA's when they become available. That's how he runs his business.

turcotte8

Feb 15, 2008
NY
2023-05-09 17_56_06-Larry Brooks on Twitter_ _So I will pass along this scenario that was just...jpg

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
Sully is the guy Drury wants and I firmly believe Drury will do everything he can to get that to happen until it doesn’t

ncmike

Aug 5, 2011
Here's the thing about Leach. I think he's a legit candidate and all. I think he could be a great coach. The only thing I would caution is this. Gallant was lauded for doing a very similar thing with the Knights in their first year. The way the Kraken play, that is the way management wants the team to play. That fast, forecheck style. Pucks go north fast. I mean that's what Quinn and Gallant have preached for 4-5 seasons now. The vet core either aren't capable or willing of playing that way. And so if we hire Leach, we better be willing or capable of changing the core.
Hockey has been basically the same since the beginning. Ive been a fan since the mid 60’s. While a lot has changed with analytics and so forth the common denominator to winning in the playoffs is you need players that are willing to go into the corners, player’s that are willing to take a beating in front of the net and basically players that are willing to give up a kidney to win. This team has very few of those players

AK 27

I shoot puck. Puck go in net. I score goal.
Apr 15, 2015
NYC
Hockey has been basically the same since the beginning. Ive been a fan since the mid 60’s. While a lot has changed with analytics and so forth the common denominator to winning in the playoffs is you need players that are willing to go into the corners, player’s that are willing to take a beating in front of the net and basically players that are willing to give up a kidney to win. This team has very few of those players
I've said this SO many times that I'm making myself sick hearing it. Thanks for saying it!

Reactions: gravey9

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
So true...analytics are for regular season imo. We have two guys who are poster boys for what you're talking about in Zib and Panarin. If those two don't have a ton of support we'll never get there because they aren't those types of player, which is why the Kane deal was dumb, and why the Copp and Vatrano deals worked for us because Panarin and Zib need guys that will do the dirty work.

Reactions: CLW and gravey9

Profet

Longtime lurker
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2002
NY
shop.profetkeyboards.com
Not really understanding. If a coach gets fired he still needs permission to interview for another team? Or is he saying that we need Sullivans permission to become our coach, which is obvious?
A coach is under contract. When they are fired, that just means they don't show up to work anymore. They are still paid and can't work for other teams.

If a team wants to get out of the contract they can give the fired coach permission to seek other opportunities. If the coach is hired, the team is released of their obligation to pay the coach.

Reactions: leetch99

failure

Nov 25, 2014
Colorado Springs
A coach is under contract. When they are fired, that just means they don't show up to work anymore. They are still paid and can't work for other teams.

If a team wants to get out of the contract they can give the fired coach permission to seek other opportunities. If the coach is hired, the team is released of their obligation to pay the coach.
Understood, thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad