Who Do You Want to be the Next Head Coach of the NY Rangers?

Who Do You Want to be the Next Head Coach of the NY Rangers?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
We've got an analytics expert, systems people, north-south people, some very Canadian folks, someone who despises overpaid, bad goaltending, people everywhere looking at prospects, finance and budget experts who know exactly the cap space we have by the minute, and people who hate Panarin and are creative in driving him out of town.

We have every area covered.
I'd actually drive him out of town. Mileage is not an issue.

Snowblind gives the pregame speeches to the goalies.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
Elliotte Friedman on the new 32T podcast wondered if the Rangers would take a look at Babcock. Other teams have considered Babcock. Detroit thought about it last year. The Caps considered Babcock prior to hiring Laviolette. He said people don't see the Rangers going the fresh face route because that's not the Rangers way. He said Sullivan is the guy the Rangers want. Marek asked about Roy. Oh boy.

• On Mike Babcock, “I do wonder if Babcock is on their radar. I think one of the things here is it’s hard to see the Rangers going new. It just doesn’t fit their MO. It doesn’t mean that they shouldn’t go new, it’s just that their MO is not to do that.
  • “If Sullivan is not available, who else kind of fits the bill? Babcock is….Washington went pretty far down the road with him when they hired Peter Laviolette. I have some suspicion, although I am never going to find out, it’s not the kind of thing he’d ever admit, but I would think that Detroit at least thought about the possibility of it last year before they hired Derek Lalonde. I think teams have considered it, nobody has necessarily taken the step. I’m wondering how much the Rangers are going to consider this, I think he is someone who is on their radar.”
  • On Patrick Roy, “It wouldn’t surprise me, Roy also has the personality to handle that. It would surprise me if he didn’t at least look at it, for sure.”

But a lot of that is no doubt tied to the numerous hits to Babcock’s reputation delivered by or on behalf of former players. There is, of course, the story of Babcock asking a young Mitch Marner to rank teammates from hardest-working to least-hardest-working, only to have the list revealed to teammates. There’s also the sad tale of Johan Franzen, the former Detroit Red Wings forward who has called Babcock a “bully” and “the worst (person) I ever met.” Franzen has said that Babcock’s repeated verbal attacks often left him “terrified” to go to the rink. His claims have been backed up by the likes of Hall of Famer Chris Chelios. And there’ve been other former players who’ve added to the pile.

Former Red Wings defenceman Mike Commodore, on the occasion of Babcock’s firing, tweeted that the Leafs quit on Babcock because he’s “a terrible human being,” not to mention “an average coach with an extremely oversized ego.”

Mark Fraser, the former Leaf, chimed in: “Anyone who thinks (Commodore) needs to lay off Babs just doesn’t understand how much hate players have for him.”

This is the guy the Rangers are considering as head coach??????

On the bright side, Panarin may ask for a trade if Babcock is the coach.

Anthony5967

Dec 24, 2015
Strong Island, NY
Elliotte Friedman on the new 32T podcast wondered if the Rangers would take a look at Babcock. Other teams have considered Babcock. Detroit thought about it last year. The Caps considered Babcock prior to hiring Laviolette. He said people don't see the Rangers going the fresh face route because that's not the Rangers way. He said Sullivan is the guy the Rangers want. Marek asked about Roy. Oh boy.

That's the plan!

will1066

Oct 12, 2008

Babcock is what this team needs, if only to accelerate the teardown.

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017

Babcock being mean to the players is a feature not a bug. The Rangers havent had a coach do anything but coddle them since Torts was fired 10 years ago.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York

Why do national media figures keep saying the Rangers won't go the fresh face route "because that's not the Rangers way" when literally our last coach before Gallant was a fresh face with zero NHL head coaching experience?

These national guys have next to no clue what's going on with the Rangers and they just pitch their best guesses based on the people involved and throw shit at the wall. Same reason the second the Rangers were eliminated they start reporting about interest in Quenneville immediately even through Gallant wasn't even fired and Drury hadn't even done breakup day yet. These national guys are clowns.

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
Why do national media figures keep saying the Rangers won't go the fresh face route "because that's not the Rangers way" when literally our last coach before Gallant was a fresh face with zero NHL head coaching experience?

These national guys have next to no clue what's going on with the Rangers and they just pitch their best guesses based on the people involved and throw shit at the wall. Same reason the second the Rangers were eliminated they start reporting about interest in Quenneville immediately even through Gallant wasn't even fired and Drury hadn't even done breakup day yet. These national guys are clowns.
Totally different situation though

That team was entering a “rebuild” and it didn’t really matter if the guy coming in had no experience

Drury’s ass is on the line this time and has Dolan breathing down his neck. I can see why he doesn’t feel comfortable handing the keys to a guy who has never been a head coach at this level

Reactions: HatTrick Swayze

Filip Chytil

Mar 3, 2014
Laviolette looks fat and bloated.

Perhaps Mika can convert him to a vegan diet and he can look healthier. Plus, Mika will have someone to dine with at his tofu restaurants rather than eating alone. Everyone wins. Drury should hire him.

Machinehead

HFNYR MVP
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
What am I gonna do with this official Gallant controller?
7l9x5s.jpg

Profet

Longtime lurker
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2002
NY
shop.profetkeyboards.com
Fans were happy to run Torts out. Now fans long for just his style.
Yes... This is absolutely true... and I am one of those people.

Torts absolutely should have been fired when he was. And it wasn't because he was a bad coach. Coaches like him have an expiration date, and that's perfectly fine.

Torts absolutely would be an amazing coach for this group of players.

What am I gonna do with this official Gallant controller?
View attachment 706200
Where is the "Let Trouba QB PP2" button?

That team was entering a “rebuild” and it didn’t really matter if the guy coming in had no experience
Sadly this is completely false.
It absolute mattered, and they absolutely Rongo'd it.

MrAlmost

Beer league hero.
Jun 3, 2010
Based on everything I can gather from reports and radio, the Rangers are not looking at an old hardass. Q, Sutter and Lav have all basically been confirmed out in various ways. That suggests they are looking for something different, and Babcock, Hartley and Sullivan aren't it.

Various reports pumping the tires of Leach and Knobluach. And that's just 2 so far. I think there will be more.

I do not believe a single word out of Friedman, Dreger, Weekes, or Marek's mouth. These guys have never known a single thing about the Rangers org and have never broken anything related to the team. Maybe Weekes has once cause he has sources, but the other 3 are about as reliable as me. f*** them and the clickbait horse they rode in on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad