Speculation: Where does Ullmark go?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kegs

Nov 10, 2010
If he has the western conference teams on his NTC and Boston doesn't want to deal him to a divisional opponent it might get interesting.
I’m sure Boston doesn’t mind trading him to a divisional opponent.

CDN24

Jun 17, 2009
That comes with an extension?
I think Ulmark will insist on an extension to waive his NTC. That said there are teams he won't need to waive for. It is in Ulmark's interest to sign an extension before playing for his new team. Ulmark is a good goalie but not a great one by any stretch. He had a great year in 2022-23 behind a great defense, was okay this year on a lesser but still defensively responsible Bruins team. His value now for signing a contract is likely higher than it will ever be. If he goes to a team with a poor D or poor defensive structure he will get exposed as average and that lowers his value. I think that is the main reason he refused to waive at the deadline, he wants to be able to extend before leaving the safety of that bruins defensive structure.

BruinsJoe

Sep 29, 2020
I think Ulmark will insist on an extension to waive his NTC. That said there are teams he won't need to waive for. It is in Ulmark's interest to sign an extension before playing for his new team. Ulmark is a good goalie but not a great one by any stretch. He had a great year in 2022-23 behind a great defense, was okay this year on a lesser but still defensively responsible Bruins team. His value now for signing a contract is likely higher than it will ever be. If he goes to a team with a poor D or poor defensive structure he will get exposed as average and that lowers his value. I think that is the main reason he refused to waive at the deadline, he wants to be able to extend before leaving the safety of that bruins defensive structure.
You are wrong A to Z with Ullmark, he s a great goalie who save constantly this Bs team D corp last 2 years and it was the same with a really bad Buffalo team, Ullmark he s elite and you probably dont see him play often

Reactions: The Hockey Tonk Man

Fire Sweeney

Jun 16, 2009
Bergen
I can see him going to Ottawa, but it will most likely be for garbage like Joseph+Hamonic, not Chychruyn or a major roster player

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
I can see him going to Ottawa, but it will most likely be for garbage like Joseph+Hamonic, not Chychruyn or a major roster player
Ottawa fans if this is the trade

200w (12).gif

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com
I’ve jokingly said this before, but Ullmark to Toronto for Tavares with 3 million retained, both guys will cost 8 million next year, both teams fill their biggest needs. Rivalry becomes a little more intense. Add the rights to Debrusk as he is ‘rumored’ to be interested. It’s a joke , but it really does fit.

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
Ullmark is what Toronto needs but no way Boston trades him there. Don't count LA out, they could pull off a Ullmark and Keumper tandem for next year.

stats1

Jul 22, 2022
I’ve jokingly said this before, but Ullmark to Toronto for Tavares with 3 million retained, both guys will cost 8 million next year, both teams fill their biggest needs. Rivalry becomes a little more intense. Add the rights to Debrusk as he is ‘rumored’ to be interested. It’s a joke , but it really does fit.
Tavares isn’t moving his young family to Boston for 1 year and then deal with the possibility of moving again in free agency. Tavares is a lock to be in Toronto at least 1 more year. Not to sound like a jackass but most of the time it’s not just the player making these decisions. Most of these guys have families.

Ullmark another example. He wants to stay in the East it’s easier on his family and his wife apparently is not fond on big city life so for sure Ottawa might be attractive

remer

Oct 18, 2005
Ullmark likely destinations:
1. Ottawa
2. Detroit
3. Colorado
4. Washington
5. Columbus
6. Carolina

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC

robert-deniro-berating-that-s-not-funny-j0u9kjp40y2e4c1a.gif

Reactions: Weltschmerz

hockeykicker

Global Moderator
Dec 3, 2014
The funny part is Ulmark's NTC is a 16 team no trade list. Moves to 15 teams after July 1st. Wow, one less team. Genius management to get that lowered by one team in that last year. :laugh:

What are the Caps plan in net now that they traded Kuemper? Would Ulmark have the Caps on his NTC list?
They have Lindgren who is their number 1 and either clay Stephenson or hunter Shepard who are both just dominating AHL

Reactions: Habs Halifax

wintersej

Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA

Go look at his numbers in Buffalo. A consistent career .915 guy in a league where the average is .900 is better than OK.

Michel Beauchamp

Canadiens' fan since 1958
Mar 17, 2008
Laval, Qc
Leafs have three goalies on Entry Level Contracts who are not ready for the NHL.

Keith Petruzzelli is an RFA who will likely not receive a qualifying offer.

Leafs are looking for two more goalies. One to play regularly in the NHL and another as a veteran third goalie, similar to the role of Martin Jones last year.
So I am right.

They have three other goalies under contract.

And aren't two of them the best thing since sliced bread (at least according to a number of Leafs fans) ?

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
No idea if the player or the team would be ok with Ullmark heading to Detroit, but as a Wings fan I'd be happy to part with 15 overall this year in a deal for him.

Assuming he's ok with a 4-5 year deal and doesn't think he's in the same boat as Saros asking for 8 years.

Forge

Blissfully Mediocre
Jul 4, 2018
Vincent Clortho School for wizards
No idea if the player or the team would be ok with Ullmark heading to Detroit, but as a Wings fan I'd be happy to part with 15 overall this year in a deal for him.

Assuming he's ok with a 4-5 year deal and doesn't think he's in the same boat as Saros asking for 8 years.
Just my own guess, but I'm gonna say he gets 5 years, 6 - 6.25 million

Reactions: jkutswings

4ORRBRUIN

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2005
boston
Boston either is trading him to a division rival or keeping him. I just can't see Boston giving him to Toronto, which basically just leaves Ottawa or a real surprise team.

Ottawa I guess has an extra first (25) to trade. They'd be idiots to use their #7 in any way to acquire a goalie (but I wouldn't rule that out).

Imo I think Markstrom is great comparable for Ullmark's value. Markstrom's contract is $4.25m for the next two years (for NJ). Ullmark is making $5m next year and then UFA (or a pay increase). I'm not sure I want to be paying what Ullmark is going to ask for on his next deal. So really, something around #25 plus something is what I think Ullmark SHOULD fetch.

And then if I'm Boston, I wonder whether I'd just rather keep him for a year and maybe that's what they decide
Linus is much younger and a much better goalie, he will demand a better return

Reactions: The don godfather

archangel2

May 19, 2019
A middle 1st round pick and a 3rd pairing defenceman for a 34-35 years old goaltender, it's nothing?

Be ready to pay way more for the best goaltender save percentage wise in the last 2 years combine in the NHL.

1st + top prospect should be the floor.
yes and no. Depends on the team. Ullmark was in a 1A and 1B tandem where Swayman was the guy the bruins preferred in key games. Not all teams maybe sold on Ullmark putting up the same stats behind a different team. Also, Ullmark has only 10 playoff games

The Hockey Tonk Man

May 3, 2007
Toronto
You are wrong A to Z with Ullmark, he s a great goalie who save constantly this Bs team D corp last 2 years and it was the same with a really bad Buffalo team, Ullmark he s elite and you probably dont see him play often
People that don't watch the Bruins think they're D bails them out.

When really it's Swayman/Ullmark making big saves keeping them in the games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad