Speculation: Where does Ullmark go?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

MVP Zacha

Feb 8, 2012
Kansas
I personally think that Ullmark signs for a very team friendly deal to stay in Boston. He really seems to love Boston and doesn't seem to have a problem playing as the 1b to Swayman.

• Love
Reactions: Troublesome 85

613Leafer

May 26, 2008
I could still see Ulmark going to LA.

Maybe LA retains ~2M and sends him to Boston (+ other assets obviously). Gets Boston assets, some capsavings in goal, and still lets them keep a veteran Cup winning former starter as the backup/tandem option to play with Swayman.

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
BOS has >20M in cap space, if it blasphemous to say he's going to stay in Boston?

If not, I can see COL interested since they don't seem to be sold on Georgiev.

This seems to be more about value harvesting. The Bruins are asset poor after competing for a long-time and really going for at the 2023 deadline.

stats1

Jul 22, 2022
I think it’s Ottawa but then what does Staios do with Korpisalo?

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I think Ottawa would really want him but it's a question of whether Boston would trade him within the division. I figure Ottawa would have to pay a premium plus also convince Ullmark to waive there, which makes me question how likely it is.

Another potential landing spot for Ullmark in my eyes is Colorado, especially with how poor Georgiyev looked this year.

Forge

Blissfully Mediocre
Jul 4, 2018
Vincent Clortho School for wizards
This is HF in a nutshell: A mid to late 1st is worth nothing since its almost a 2nd round pick. An early 2nd round pick is worth a lot because its almost a late 1st.
Generally, I think hf grossly overvalues late first round picks compared to the NHL.

I do think league is getting better about it, but they still are very careless with those picks. Recently we've had first round picks traded for 30 games of Ben chiarot, 11 games of Nick foligno, etc.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Word on the street is that Staios is going to use Alfredsson as an ambassador to convince Ullmark to waive for Ottawa

And whatever deal they have in place with Philly is directly related to the Ullmark deal. Which is #12 and a roster piece (people on the Bruins board are dreaming of Konecny but that seems steep to me) to Ottawa for #7 and Chychryn, then they flip that return to Boston for Ullmark and something to make the money work.

Reactions: Troublesome 85

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
Count Toronto out. we traded a top prospect for a Boston goalie once, it went poorly :sarcasm:
Come on now - that was so long ago. What has Toronto done for Boston lately ???? I mean outside of making sure the Bruins move onto the next round of the Playoffs. ;)

Oilers for Campbell+pick

Stranger things have happened today
Something that strange has never happened. :thumbd:

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
Word on the street is that Staios is going to use Alfredsson as an ambassador to convince Ullmark to waive for Ottawa

And whatever deal they have in place with Philly is directly related to the Ullmark deal. Which is #12 and a roster piece (people on the Bruins board are dreaming of Konecny but that seems steep to me) to Ottawa for #7 and Chychryn, then they flip that return to Boston for Ullmark and something to make the money work.
Chychryn + 7 OV would be the best return on a traded goalie in recent memory. Only one bigger I can remember is Roy for Thibault, Rucinsky and Kovalenko.

Bond

May 10, 2012
Chychryn + 7 OV would be the best return on a traded goalie in recent memory. Only one bigger I can remember is Roy for Thibault, Rucinsky and Kovalenko.
I’ll take the unders on that one lol

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Nah, he once again put on his kijiji lowballing pants. He was always a runner up in Calgary as well

I think Calgary is petty with him, they showed that last season when they insisted he not be on the draft floor for half the 1st round.

Who does that?

Calgary, and as far as I know ONLY Calgary

SKNJD9

Hi, I'm mat.
Aug 28, 2008
West of Chicago
I’d just buy him out. It’s not the worst penalty in the world, especially with the rising cap.
1718847469983.png

Oof.

Bond

May 10, 2012
I think Calgary is petty with him, they showed that last season when they insisted he not be on the draft floor for half the 1st round.

Who does that?

Calgary, and as far as I know ONLY Calgary
Phoenix did that with Tre when he came to Calgary. It’s pretty common for the draft as the GM knows most of the other teams target

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad