Speculation: Where does Ullmark go?

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
I'd probably swap picks with Philly if they take Korpi. Seems fair. Kinda sucks though because I'd prefer to take our choice of the 2nd tier vs whatever is left of the 2nd tier, that's the cost of taking salary though.

I actually don't think that is a certainty at all. I think NJD have a great roster despite where they finished this year. I think they'll bounce back.

Chychrun + 25th will be amongst the best hauls returned by a goalie in recent memory, it's overpay IMO.

So you think the NJD are going to be a top 3-4 team in the Eastern conference next year? That’s what the they’ll need to be to have the 25th pick

h2

Mar 26, 2002
So you think the NJD are going to be a top 3-4 team in the Eastern conference next year? That’s what the they’ll need to be to have the 25th pick

I think it's possible. I definitely wouldn't say it's a certainty that they aren't.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
I think it's possible. I definitely wouldn't say it's a certainty that they aren't.

I said almost certainly. The odds of turning an 81 point team into a top 3-4 team in the east is unlikely at best. Not impossible but very unlikely.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
I mean, they are literally the team that turned a 63 pts team into a 112 pts team not to long ago by swapping out their goalie, development of their young guys, and having a healthy season.

Alright so who are your top 3 other teams in the east then if you think NJD are one of the top 4?

Interest to see who you have them leapfrogging

Malkinstheman

Aug 12, 2012
I wonder if EDM being in the finals is holding things up as well. They could use an upgrade in net as well but it will be tough to dump Campbell

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Alright so who are your top 3 other teams in the east then if you think NJD are one of the top 4?

Interest to see who you have them leapfrogging

Could be anybody. Like I said, they had 112 pts just one year ago and the top 4 were them, Toronto, Boston and Carolina, and this year they had significant injuries, and goaltending gave up on them, NYR and Florida bumped them and Toronto out.

Are they a worse roster than last year when they hit 112, not really but they had average health last year, while this year they were top 5 in injuries. They've improved their goalie imo, their young core got a year more experienced, and if they can stay healthy another 110 pts season is certainly a posibility. Losing Hamilton was big, Hughes missing signifcant games hurt too. But the big difference was the goaltending, if Markstrom solved that they should see a significant jump.

Is it a sure thing, no, but is almost certainly not going to happen, well lets just say they are one of many teams that could finish in the top 4 given the parity in this league and the impact health can have, there are no sure things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad