HF Habs: Trade Proposal Thread #88: 2024 Off-Season Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Adriatic

Feb 27, 2004
Depends if by toughness you actually mean meanness. We don't have very many mean players, and we don't have a style of play that preaches always finishing your checks or playing the body over playing the puck. But if toughness is more about winning the physical battles then I don't think we are bad in that regard.
We definitely have some meanness in the pipe line that will hopefully one day be part of the group like Tuch and Florian. But for this season we are definitely lacking in that department and I would like KH to address that by trade.

Beer and Chips

Feb 5, 2018
I think the team should trade for a vet RHD with 1-2 years left on a deal to plug that hole while RB and LM are taking their time in Laval.

Have no idea what players or teams would qualify for such a trade, though
With the young forwards next year, a 1RD is the biggest hole on the team. We need another fortunate circumstance to acquire one, we have the young guys and picks to compete.

Reactions: Supersonic

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015
As far as I know it's accurate.

Teams can sort of cheat in order to become cap compliant because you don't need a 23 man roster, so we send some waiver exempt players down to start the season and start the season with a 20 man roster including Price. Then we immediately put Price on LTIR and callup the guys we sent down and get back up to a 23man roster.

Thanks for the breakdown.

I thought when Hughes mentioned that he meant they wouldn't have to put Price in LTIR at all, but I'm probably misremembering.

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
Is PuckPedia the best site to get an idea of our cap situation? They have us as over the cap by a couple million right now, but I'm pretty sure Hughes said they'd be cap compliant without putting Price on LTIR.

Anyone have a better handle on the Habs current cap situation?
There's capwages.com, not sure if it's any better. Seems pretty accurate.

Reactions: Canadienna

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
Thanks for the breakdown.

I thought when Hughes mentioned that he meant they wouldn't have to put Price in LTIR at all, but I'm probably misremembering.
You heard right, Hughes said they wanted to accrue cap space this year which you can't do if someone is on LTIR.

So either he's planning to play with a 20 man roster for a while or plans changed.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Given how Suzuki/Slaf/Demidov/CC are likely here to stay for the long run, I'm curious what we end up doing about the rest. Laine and Dach will need to prove that they can remain healthy for the most part, bounce back into producing well, and in Laine's case what his next contract demands are.

Newhook/Roy/Beck/Kapanen/Hage/Mesar are more likely to be 3rd liners

And Xhekaj/Tuch/Heineman/Thorpe/Davidson for 4th liners.

Of course not everyone will pan out, but let's not forget how we have 2 1sts and 2 2nds this draft, and we will likely sign people if need be. It's a good problem to have, but forwards, defense and even goalies are looking more and more crowded.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad