GDT: Running Preseason GDT | Game 4 | BUF @ CBJ | 7 PM EST

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
I'm starting to wonder if we actually WANT to add that extra forward now.
Edit: Dammit, I promised myself I wasn't going to make player evaluations based on pre-season!

• Haha
Reactions: CBJx614

Indy18

Aug 17, 2023
Its just preseason...
Its just preseason...
Its just preseason...
Its just preseason...

Screw it

Fantilli is going to go on a tear this year!

Also Brindley will go to Cleveland lets be honest but I am loving this Fantilli X Brindley

ClevelandJacketFan

Awesome Mascots!
Nov 1, 2007
...Really?
Fantilli-Brindley clearly needs to be explored in the regular season. They look unstoppable together. I knew they had Michigan chemistry, but they look amazing together.

Brindley, in particular, looks like a top line player.

Reactions: CBJx614

tunnelvision

Jul 31, 2021
By now it should be obvious to Evason that Brindley belongs in the opening night lineup. To my eyes their line has been one of the rare forward lines actually able to execute that aggressive 2 man high forecheck consistently, and Brindley is a big reason why. He also looks like one of our best transition players with his speed and playmaking. He and KJ could be a huge help for the PP this year especially in zone entries.

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
How did Jiricek look? I don’t put a lot of stock in +/- but when you win by four and almost nobody is minus, the stat stands out like a sore thumb.

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
By now it should be obvious to Evason that Brindley belongs in the opening night lineup. To my eyes their line has been one of the rare forward lines actually able to execute that aggressive 2 man high forecheck consistently, and Brindley is a big reason why. He also looks like one of our best transition players with his speed and playmaking. He and KJ could be a huge help for the PP this year especially in zone entries.
Jenner - Monahan - Marchenko
Voronkov/Johnson - Fantilli - Brindley
Johnson/Voronkov - Sillinger - Chinakhov
Danforth - Kuraly - Olivier
Van Riemsdyk

Not bad but probably unreal, especially if Waddell wants to get still one forward (I will be glad to be wrong). Evason does not probably risk with Brindley in the second line. Also it is only a preseason and I doubt JvR will be in the 4th line/ a 13th forward. Plus Olivier was playing good, he deserves his spot in the main roster.

I think Gavin will start in the AHL. But again, I will be glad to be wrong.

tunnelvision

Jul 31, 2021
Jenner - Monahan - Marchenko
Voronkov/Johnson - Fantilli - Brindley
Johnson/Voronkov - Sillinger - Chinakhov
Danforth - Kuraly - Olivier
Van Riemsdyk

Not bad but probably unreal, especially if Waddell wants to get still one forward (I will be glad to be wrong). Evason does not probably risk with Brindley in the second line. Also it is only a preseason and I doubt JvR will be in the 4th line/ a 13th forward. Plus Olivier was playing good, he deserves his spot in the main roster.
All of that could be solved by dropping Sillinger to the 4th line or 13F spot until Danforth returns. This is also probably unrealistic but here's one suggestion:

Johnson - Monahan - Fantilli
Chinakhov - Voronkov - Marchenko
vanRiemsdyk - Jenner - Brindley
Sillinger - Kuraly - Olivier

Reactions: majormajor

SteelCityCannon

Mar 25, 2017
All of that could be solved by dropping Sillinger to the 4th line or 13F spot until Danforth returns. This is also probably unrealistic but here's one suggestion:

Johnson - Monahan - Fantilli
Chinakhov - Voronkov - Marchenko
vanRiemsdyk - Jenner - Brindley
Sillinger - Kuraly - Olivier
Playing Fantilli on the wing is a disservice

Reactions: KJ Dangler

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad