OT: Where do the Sens rank in the Atlantic for 2024-2025?

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

BigRig4

Feb 22, 2014
As of now without seeing any offseason moves..

Florida
Toronto
Boston
Tampa
Detroit
Ottawa
Buffalo
Montreal

Reactions: Alex1234

BoardsofCanada

Aug 26, 2009
G.T.A.
I think Buffalo is primed for a breakthrough season. I could see them taking a big step. My heart says Ottawa also takes a step, but without a change in net, we'll probably be outside looking in.

I could see T-Bay declining and Detroit doesn't impress me.

Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

JungleBeat

Sep 10, 2016
Canada
Montreal is going to be a team to watch out for. Their prospects cupboard is full and they have Slafkovsky, Hutson, Dach and Roy arriving next season.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
I think of all the non playoff Atlantic teams Ottawa has the best intangibles. The players are focused and they are hungry and that is really important

But Impossible to say at this point. When Staois has makes his first major moves let’s see where the team is at.

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
Florida
Toronto
Boston
Tampa
Detroit
Buffalo/Ottawa (honestly a coin toss)
Montreal

Florida can fall off hard if Zito doesn't come clutch this off season. On the back end, Montour, OEL, and Kulikov need new deals. A lot of their playoff depth (Lundell, Cousins, Lomberg, Okposo, Stenlund, Tarasenko) and 50 goal Reinhart need new deals. They have capspace to sign a lot of players, and are an attractive FA destination, but the team will be very different from what we see today imo.

Toronto is a regular season team. Matthews will get his 50+ goals, and they'll choke.

Boston has the same issue as Florida, they have loads of depth they need to re-sign, and losing Ullmark will probably cost them a win or two.

Tampa is declining, but guys like Kucherov can still drag them into the playoffs, and that's without Hedman, Point, Stamkos, Hagel, Sergachev, etc.. playing their best.

Detroit just lacks star power, but they have all the pieces and depth to compete for a WC spot.

If Buffalo can get a 1A goalie, they'll be fine.

Man I hope we can get out of the bottom of the Atlantic

Reactions: DrEasy

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Does the trade change any opinions?

Ullmark should help out with two of our biggest issues last year:

Goaltending should improve significantly.
PK should also improve (via goaltending).

As a team, we allowed 27 more goals than expected at ES and 9 more than expected on the PK.
Ullmark saved 28 more goals than expected at ES, and 5 more than expect on the PK.

Does Green build off what Martin instilled?

First 41 games, we had xGA/60 2.85 at ES (21st)
Final 41 games.we had xGA/60 of 2.59 at ES (8th)

I think the potential is there to be much better defensively.

Offensively, the loss of Tarasenko and presumably Chychrun will need to be addressed, however, we can hope a healthy Stu is closer to the ~40g 90 pts player he was a year earlier than the 20g 70 pts player we saw this year playing through a bad wrist. We'll also have a full season of Pinto assuming he deleted his bet365 account... I think we'll need to score more either way, the only teams to score less than us and make the playoffs were washington and NYI.

Good in Osgoode

Jan 15, 2018
Osgoode
Does the trade change any opinions?

Ullmark should help out with two of our biggest issues last year:

Goaltending should improve significantly.
PK should also improve (via goaltending).

As a team, we allowed 27 more goals than expected at ES and 9 more than expected on the PK.
Ullmark saved 28 more goals than expected at ES, and 5 more than expect on the PK.

Does Green build off what Martin instilled?

First 41 games, we had xGA/60 2.85 at ES (21st)
Final 41 games.we had xGA/60 of 2.59 at ES (8th)

I think the potential is there to be much better defensively.

Offensively, the loss of Tarasenko and presumably Chychrun will need to be addressed, however, we can hope a healthy Stu is closer to the ~40g 90 pts player he was a year earlier than the 20g 70 pts player we saw this year playing through a bad wrist. We'll also have a full season of Pinto assuming he deleted his bet365 account... I think we'll need to score more either way, the only teams to score less than us and make the playoffs were washington and NYI.
I would say we are now trending in the right direction with a new coach, a new goalie, and some additional (hopefully positive) moves are coming this Summer to stabilize our D-corps and a couple of additions up front to provide some depth and leadership.

With a solid off-season, you then get into our young core taking the next steps, which is optimistically quite possible I believe as long as we remain relatively healthy and no major injuries (looking at Norris & Chabot), then you have Stutzle having a bounce back season and further progression from Sanderson, who I think takes a big step this season as well as Tkachuk and Batherson building on their solid seasons last year. Also anticipating that Pinto & Greig will continue to become key players for us.

I definitely think that there is reason for optimism for this upcoming season. I do think that Staois and Poulin & Co know what this team needs, and they are going to do their best to address it. Finding a suitable top 4 RHD is going to be a huge challenge, but I trust they are going to work very hard to make it happen.

I am looking to forward to the draft tonight and hopefully, a trade or two and a signing or two in the coming days and weeks. It's an exciting time right now.

Good in Osgoode

Jan 15, 2018
Osgoode
Florida
Ottawa
Detroit
Tampa
Buffalo
Toronto
Boston
Montreal

Obviously depends on what happens this off-season (for everyone) but I think we are finally going to start to see the changes in this division, with Ottawa, Detroit and Buffalo on the way up and Toronto & Boston and to a lesser extent Tampa moving down in the pecking order.

I am obviously very optimistic about Ottawa; I just think they are going to put it together this year.
I think that Toronto somewhat implodes this year with the Marner situation + goaltending. I think time finally catches up with Boston and we see the regression that has been predicted for years.

Some big roster changes are coming to Florida & Tampa this off-season due to the cap, but they will both still have the talent to maintain their status as upper-tier teams.

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
Ullmark will help prevent several GA, and Stu can't possibly be as bad as he was this past season so we should have some more GF.

From that alone, we should be better, but Buffalor and Detroit have a lot of capspace left to make moves. Also, we have a losing culture that puts a huge asterisk on any "on paper" changes we've made.

Really hope we finish ahead of Buffalo and Detroit and that Boston takes huge steps back

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
They're better than Detroit now with Ullmark. But still 5th at best.
Does Korpisalo tank Boston's season?

I mentioned in his 40 games, Ulmark saved about 30 goals more than expected, meanwhile Korpisalo allowed about 18 more than expected at ES and PK combined.

Obviously Swayman will get the bulk of the starts, but swapping 20 games of Ulmark for Korpisalo could still do so serious damage...

Reactions: bicboi64

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Does Korpisalo tank Boston's season?

I mentioned in his 40 games, Ulmark saved about 30 goals more than expected, meanwhile Korpisalo allowed about 18 more than expected at ES and PK combined.

Obviously Swayman will get the bulk of the starts, but swapping 20 games of Ulmark for Korpisalo could still do so serious damage...
No I dont think so, as you mentioned Swayman is going to play more. I dont think its possible for Korpisalo to be as bad as last year. Boston also is going to get a center one way or another they will likely be better than last year if anything.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad