OT: Where do the Sens rank in the Atlantic for 2024-2025?

BigRig4

Feb 22, 2014
As of now without seeing any offseason moves..

Florida
Toronto
Boston
Tampa
Detroit
Ottawa
Buffalo
Montreal

BoardsofCanada

Aug 26, 2009
G.T.A.
I think Buffalo is primed for a breakthrough season. I could see them taking a big step. My heart says Ottawa also takes a step, but without a change in net, we'll probably be outside looking in.

I could see T-Bay declining and Detroit doesn't impress me.

Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

JungleBeat

Sep 10, 2016
Canada
Montreal is going to be a team to watch out for. Their prospects cupboard is full and they have Slafkovsky, Hutson, Dach and Roy arriving next season.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
I think of all the non playoff Atlantic teams Ottawa has the best intangibles. The players are focused and they are hungry and that is really important

But Impossible to say at this point. When Staois has makes his first major moves let’s see where the team is at.

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
Florida
Toronto
Boston
Tampa
Detroit
Buffalo/Ottawa (honestly a coin toss)
Montreal

Florida can fall off hard if Zito doesn't come clutch this off season. On the back end, Montour, OEL, and Kulikov need new deals. A lot of their playoff depth (Lundell, Cousins, Lomberg, Okposo, Stenlund, Tarasenko) and 50 goal Reinhart need new deals. They have capspace to sign a lot of players, and are an attractive FA destination, but the team will be very different from what we see today imo.

Toronto is a regular season team. Matthews will get his 50+ goals, and they'll choke.

Boston has the same issue as Florida, they have loads of depth they need to re-sign, and losing Ullmark will probably cost them a win or two.

Tampa is declining, but guys like Kucherov can still drag them into the playoffs, and that's without Hedman, Point, Stamkos, Hagel, Sergachev, etc.. playing their best.

Detroit just lacks star power, but they have all the pieces and depth to compete for a WC spot.

If Buffalo can get a 1A goalie, they'll be fine.

Man I hope we can get out of the bottom of the Atlantic

Reactions: DrEasy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad