OT: Where do the Sens rank in the Atlantic for 2024-2025?

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
At best #5; at worst #8.

To get to #5 we need Norris coming back healthy and willing to play, a top 4 RD and coaching that fixes the GA/G. Thus 3 missing improvements still required at this time.

Ullmark will help in goal. Pinto for a full year will help. Stuztle playing up to his potential will help.

But Montreal and Buffalo will be better too.

K1900L

Dec 27, 2019
Depends on many factors that are not yet comprehensible. If Ullmark makes an impact as advertised, they should be able to leave two of Detroit, Montreal or Buffalo behind them.

Detroit and Montreal still have a solid prospect pool, though. Depending on who graduates or joins via free agency and trades, things could turn around quickly for anyone.
Detroit is my #1 regress-candidate: some pieces leaving, Seider and Raymond having to sign contracts, Kasper and Danielson not yet ready for the NHL.

Chabot, Stützle (especially!), Sanderson.. all of them have to take the next step.

LiseL

Sep 25, 2023
I expect Florida takes a step back, they've played in SCF 2 years in a row. Still think they'll be top 3 but not 1st. If Ottawa plays all teams the way they played the Leafs and Bruins last year, i.e., compete every game, I expect them to be in the wild card mix. Buffalo's goaltending still an issue. Boston/Detroit hard to assess. As someone posted earlier, predictions will be easier to make in September when the rosters are pretty much set.

Samboni

Jan 26, 2014
So far, the player moves today have been underwhelming and I can’t foresee playoff hockey for the Sens next spring.

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
It will all depend on health, as usual. With Norris and Stutzle at 100% health (and everybody else healthy as well), and with a signed Pinto we can make the playoffs. If we get the usual debilitating injuries to our key players, forget about it.

If it's something in between, we'll be a bubble team

Reactions: Alf Silfversson

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
The hope of the upcoming season relies on Ullmark and whether or not our young players can take another step up.

Is it enough to get to the playoffs? Probably not.

K1900L

Dec 27, 2019
Well, today didn't really add to my optimism, haha.

One basically hopes for the forward core to stay healthy and find a new level (especially Stützle, Tkachuk and Greig) and Ullmark to have another Vezina-candidate season, otherwise I'm not expecting this team to be able to join the playoff-race.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
This is a no mans land roster. Might make the playoff,s might not make the playoffs unless our young guns put it together. We need at least 2 players to become elite superstars with another 2 all star caliber players in order for this team to be a threat.

If Stu and Chucky take the next step and become superstars that consistently carry this team every night, then one of Batherson, Pinto, Sanderson, Ullmark or Norris have to become that all star threat.

CallSaul

Jun 19, 2024
This is a no mans land roster. Might make the playoff,s might not make the playoffs unless our young guns put it together. We need at least 2 players to become elite superstars with another 2 all star caliber players in order for this team to be a threat.

If Stu and Chucky take the next step and become superstars that consistently carry this team every night, then one of Batherson, Pinto, Sanderson, Ullmark or Norris have to become that all star threat.

That's how it has to happen. The guys you draft and develop have to be the guys to get you over the hump. It's (usually) not going to happen through trades and free-agency.

Dallas became a top team because Roope Hintz, Miro Heiskanen, Jason Robertson and Jake Oettinger became all-stars who made a difference every night.

The same thing has to happen here if we're going to be good.

Tkachuk, Stützle and Sanderson all have the talent to become that calibre of player, and they've been in the league long enough to take that leap as soon as next year. We'll see what they do.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
hard to tell without knowing the progression of our core

they really need to carry

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
I’d be surprised if the top 4 of last year (Florida, Boston, Toronto & Tampa) aren’t the top 4 again this year.

So, I’d say 5th seed is the best outcome. I haven’t paid much attention to Buffalo or Detroit’s off season. Montreal are rebuilding and adding good, young talent, but no idea if it will start to gel this year.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I’d be surprised if the top 4 of last year (Florida, Boston, Toronto & Tampa) aren’t the top 4 again this year.

So, I’d say 5th seed is the best outcome. I haven’t paid much attention to Buffalo or Detroit’s off season. Montreal are rebuilding and adding good, young talent, but no idea if it will start to gel this year.
I'm having a hard time getting a feel for Florida,

They've lost 19 mins ES a night of Montour, another 15 mins of OEL, those two just so happen to also have been their top two D on the PP,

I don't expect them to miss the playoffs, but I could see them dropping below 100 pts.

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
I'm having a hard time getting a feel for Florida,

They've lost 19 mins ES a night of Montour, another 15 mins of OEL, those two just so happen to also have been their top two D on the PP,

I don't expect them to miss the playoffs, but I could see them dropping below 100 pts.
Good point. They’ve lost some good players on their blueline. Not making the playoffs seems like too big of a drop though. I agree on that point.

I wasn’t trying to rank them in the order they would finish btw, but I see how it could be interpreted that way.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Brazil vs Colombia
    Brazil vs Colombia
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $14,538.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Costa Rica vs Paraguay
    Costa Rica vs Paraguay
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $50.00