OT: Where do the Sens rank in the Atlantic for 2024-2025?

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
At best #5; at worst #8.

To get to #5 we need Norris coming back healthy and willing to play, a top 4 RD and coaching that fixes the GA/G. Thus 3 missing improvements still required at this time.

Ullmark will help in goal. Pinto for a full year will help. Stuztle playing up to his potential will help.

But Montreal and Buffalo will be better too.

K1900L

Dec 27, 2019
Depends on many factors that are not yet comprehensible. If Ullmark makes an impact as advertised, they should be able to leave two of Detroit, Montreal or Buffalo behind them.

Detroit and Montreal still have a solid prospect pool, though. Depending on who graduates or joins via free agency and trades, things could turn around quickly for anyone.
Detroit is my #1 regress-candidate: some pieces leaving, Seider and Raymond having to sign contracts, Kasper and Danielson not yet ready for the NHL.

Chabot, Stützle (especially!), Sanderson.. all of them have to take the next step.

LiseL

Sep 25, 2023
I expect Florida takes a step back, they've played in SCF 2 years in a row. Still think they'll be top 3 but not 1st. If Ottawa plays all teams the way they played the Leafs and Bruins last year, i.e., compete every game, I expect them to be in the wild card mix. Buffalo's goaltending still an issue. Boston/Detroit hard to assess. As someone posted earlier, predictions will be easier to make in September when the rosters are pretty much set.

starling

Nov 7, 2010
Ottawa
I was optimistic for a playoff spot the last few years, but this year I'm not seeing it. So hopefully it means the opposite.

Samboni

Jan 26, 2014
So far, the player moves today have been underwhelming and I can’t foresee playoff hockey for the Sens next spring.

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
It will all depend on health, as usual. With Norris and Stutzle at 100% health (and everybody else healthy as well), and with a signed Pinto we can make the playoffs. If we get the usual debilitating injuries to our key players, forget about it.

If it's something in between, we'll be a bubble team

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
The hope of the upcoming season relies on Ullmark and whether or not our young players can take another step up.

Is it enough to get to the playoffs? Probably not.

K1900L

Dec 27, 2019
Well, today didn't really add to my optimism, haha.

One basically hopes for the forward core to stay healthy and find a new level (especially Stützle, Tkachuk and Greig) and Ullmark to have another Vezina-candidate season, otherwise I'm not expecting this team to be able to join the playoff-race.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad