Boston Bruins 24-25 Roster/Cap thread III

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

KOZ37

May 17, 2010
There is a reason Korpisalo was included in that Ullmark deal.
It's called an insurance policy and I've been hinting about since he was acquired.

Ullmark was going regardless. That bridge was crossed last year, when he was dangled etc.
They could have signed a less expensive option with a lot less term if they really wanted to. Just saying.....

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
There is a reason Korpisalo was included in that Ullmark deal.
It's called an insurance policy and I've been hinting about since he was acquired.

Ullmark was going regardless. That bridge was crossed last year, when he was dangled etc.

Or they could have just kept Ullmark for a year.

Reactions: Gordoff and KOZ37

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
So an Ullmark/Bussi tandem with Ullmark leaving at the TDL or for free at season's end?

That’s making at minimum two huge assumptions

1. Ullmark wouldn’t have signed long term if he swayman left

2. Any form of a korpisalo deal would cease to exist if it didn’t happen last week for Ullmark.

Maybe Ullmark signs long term. Maybe the bruins can revisit the korpisalo deal for other players. According to Ty anderson Ottawa had been trying to trade korpisalo since the deadline. Sure it could have been worked later.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gordoff

KOZ37

May 17, 2010
Ullmark isn't an 8m+ goalie.
Both our goalies were/are due for big pay days. Both will get them, but possibly somewhere else.
Who said you would have needed to pay him 8? He wasn't even asking for that from Ottawa apparently and he likely would have stayed in Boston for less. Not to mention the premise of him staying would have been Swayman asking for too much and being moved.

Last edited:

ranold26

Tuukka likes the post...
May 28, 2003
That’s making at minimum two huge assumptions

1. Ullmark wouldn’t have signed long term if he swayman left

2. Any form of a korpisalo deal would cease to exist if it didn’t happen last week for Ullmark.

Maybe Ullmark signs long term. Maybe the bruins can revisit the korpisalo deal for other players. According to Ty anderson the Ottawa had been trying to trade korpisalo since the deadline. Sure it could have been worked later.
You think Ullmark would sign long-term, even after being dangled/shopped for over a year?
Ask yourself this... Why have the Bruins tried to move him and finally did this week?

4ORRBRUIN

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2005
boston
You think Ullmark would sign long-term, even after being dangled/shopped for over a year?
Ask yourself this... Why have the Bruins tried to move him and finally did this week?
It was inevitable he was being move. The non extension screwed the pooch, that all

UncleRico

May 8, 2017

They moved him because swayman was the #1 and the future goalie and didn’t want to have $5m on the bench.

Hell I wanted him gone too, but now I’m fully eating crow because never in my life did I think it would be for four years of korpisalo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Austria vs Turkey
    KNOCKOUT Austria vs Turkey
    Wagers: 8
    Staked: $30,350.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Brazil vs Colombia