Boston Bruins 24-25 Roster/Cap thread III

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
Cannot happen — just cannot happen.

Finding ourselves where Sway is in arbitration — no matter how/what/who made it take place — would be a dreadful approach.

That would absolutely wreck the notion that Boston is a good organization to play for. UFAs would avoid the team like the plague. This happened before and it took a long time for Boston to rehabilitate its image with players.

Bruins could get away once with taking Sway to arbitration- he had a lot of promise but hadn't done much then. Now it is a different story altogether- he along with Pastrnak are the Bruins 2 best players. They won't get away with doing it again.

pucksindeep92

Jun 19, 2023
Bruins better spend money tomorrow very carefully. If Sway goes to arbitration because Boston has spent like a drunken sailor we are screwed.

My take from this? Swayman has more leverage than me with a crowbar in front of a Jenga tower of blocks.

Pray Swayman is reasonable. Pray hard.
Barring any trades or discounts…

Swayman. Lindholm. Two of Skinner/Dillon/Lindgren/ Heinen.

Trial by fire for Lysell and Merk. Get your top 6 wing in March.

Reactions: Number8

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
So he’s worth over 5 million? He is so limited offensively and isn’t very physical. I like him but if we can better our team for the future and sign fee players now we should consider it no? My hope would be for a team to over pay for him.
Where did you get 5 million? His cap hit is 4.1m for another 3 seasons. Who’s replacing him at 4.1m or less and not leaving a gaping hole on that 2nd pairing right side??

Are you aware right shot dmen are in demand? Not to mention right shot dmen who are 6’5” and have the monstrous wingspan. What world do you fans live in.. Carlo is the least of this teams issues

Grimey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 4, 2017
If the Bruins wanted to add a bottom 6 guy Parker Kelly was let go by Ottawa. Not the biggest guy at 5”11 170 but hits everything, plays on the PK and can be a huge pain in the ass.
Kelly is listed at 6’1” 185 lbs on most sites…hockeyfights site has him at 5’7” 140 lbs :huh:

Tbaybruin

Feb 2, 2016
Where did you get 5 million? His cap hit is 4.1m for another 3 seasons. Who’s replacing him at 4.1m or less and not leaving a gaping hole on that 2nd pairing right side??

Are you aware right shot dmen are in demand? Not to mention right shot dmen who are 6’5” and have the monstrous wingspan. What world do you fans live in.. Carlo is the least of this teams issues
Please follow whole conversation it was about his value in terms of money and trade assets. I like Carlo

He's under pressure to hold out for as much as possible from everyone from the PA, to other goalies who will hit the open market to player agents.
I wish Chris Chelios was his agent.

Reactions: DominicT

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
Prob has to do with the arbitration thing.
Not sure I understand? On its surface it would appear that Saros has earned a higher contract than Swayman. But there has to be some math with the no state tax in TN. So how far off can they be? Does the PA want him pushing for $9M when Saros just took a deal in the 7s?

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Sway is a competitor. I very much doubt he’s worried that signing a big deal will expose him to pressure from fanbase.Karpisalo is not a viable #1 on any NHL team at present and goalie Bob is not a miracle maker. Hopefully he can make Karpisolo adequate or better. Over vast majority of past five years hes been utterly inadequate. Fingers crossed.
Sways current team values Karpisalo at $3M. Sway is worth a shit ton more than that. We weren’t taking on Karpisalo for a top 10 pick and Swayman isn’t responsible for that.

Bruins took Sway to arbitration. Clearly that was a bitter experience. Sway then delivered with a Capital D. Showed Bruins and arbitrator that he was right and they were wrong (btw, because of Cap, Bruins had no choice, but Swayman is probably done eating shit because of salary choices and signings that he’s not responsible for).

Linus is gone. Without Sway we have Bussi or Karpisalo as number one G. Everyone in League knows that at present that without Sway, we are a lottery team.

Bruins better spend money tomorrow very carefully. If Sway goes to arbitration because Boston has spent like a drunken sailor we are screwed.

My take from this? Swayman has more leverage than me with a crowbar in front of a Jenga tower of blocks.

Pray Swayman is reasonable. Pray hard.

No, they don't.

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
He's under pressure to hold out for as much as possible from everyone from the PA, to other goalies who will hit the open market to player agents.
That is how the game is played and whatever we feel it should be right or wrong, the PA or fellow goaltenders have a right to protect their interest, we all know the owners and management will. My question is did Sweeney not know this before he traded Ullmark ,find it hard to believe he had no idea.

Reactions: BMC

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
At the Cross
youtu.be
Not sure I understand? On its surface it would appear that Saros has earned a higher contract than Swayman. But there has to be some math with the no state tax in TN. So how far off can they be? Does the PA want him pushing for $9M when Saros just took a deal in the 7s?
I'm guessing because he's 25 and this may set the new market for someone like Oettinger and other guys down the road? Who knows.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
They have Freddy, Geekie, Beecher, Brown, Kastelic, Lettieri, and Brazeau signed for the bottom six, plus guys like McLaughlin, Abate, and even Lysell and Poitras that could figure in to the mix.
Kuntar will be making an impact before McLaughlin and Abate at this point but agreed with the sentiment- they’re packed in the bottom 6

Reactions: SPV
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad