Other Sports: The Philadelphia Seventy Sixers 23-24 Season Thread: Punt, Pass, Or Kick? Post Trade Deadline

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
YOU'RE STARVING THEM. THEY'RE WITHERING AWAY

This is very cool. So here's what I'm gathering. You showed me DPM evaluated by this DARKO model. Darko is v smart unlike me. It's so smart that it incorporates evaluations of other stats that can effect DPM, and using those evaluations, predicts the sustainability of the stat it's modeling. Without getting into the weeds of DPM, we'll just say it's a pretty encompassing aggregate of many stats on both sides of the ball.

DARKO believes in KCP's breakout to the tune of parabolic improvement over the last 3+ seasons. Therefore it also believes in significant and most importantly sustained AND sustainable improvement in those aggregates.

In conclusion, that's good

Corrct. In specific, it's a histogram of how DARKO has projected them going forward.

And in amazing timing, I just saw this to give some more scope of what can change in a season as well as current opinion swings:

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
I hate this. Overwhelmingly grumpy. On a vet min, sure. There’s zero reason to pay him.

Batum may be retiring. That was always the rumor.

*Edit* Fischer says they thought they had a deal for Drummond at the deadline. Well then.

Flybynite

Feb 25, 2018
I dunno all the different NBA exception rules and whether he might be sliding into like some kind of non-taxpayer MLE or bi-annual exception or something else.

I don't really love him eating $5M out of straight cap space if that's what the deal is tho.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
I dunno all the different NBA exception rules and whether he might be sliding into like some kind of non-taxpayer MLE or bi-annual exception or something else.

I don't really love him eating $5M out of straight cap space if that's what the deal is tho.
On the PHLY pocast they are saying that he will be used as part of the MLE.

Reactions: JojoTheWhale

Flybynite

Feb 25, 2018
I saw something that Paul George decided against a meeting with Orlando so I'm guessing they realized that isn't happening and went for KCP. I think he's actually a good fit there. A veteran guard on a young team with talent.

Reactions: Flyer lurker

Ad

Upcoming events

• Brazil vs Colombia
    Brazil vs Colombia
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $14,538.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Costa Rica vs Paraguay
    Costa Rica vs Paraguay
    Wagers: 2