What Should we name the Salt Lake City Team? (Mod: stop with the religious comments)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

DustyDangler

Dec 20, 2023
iu
But....why? There are no Grizzlies in Utah.

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
Well there might be a Kraken in Seattle. They purportedly are very elusive creatures that live in deep sea caverns.
Already looked, used to live there. Maybe you're right and there is one. Then the only mythical creatures in Seattle would be Republicans.

PunchImlach is Alive

Jul 15, 2014
Brooklyn, NY
The Rockers. With their logo being a rock n roll guy, it won't be any more confusing than why they are called the Utah Jazz.
The Jazz moved from New Orleans. I guess Utah had just as much trouble figuring an interesting Utah-themed name for their basketball team as we do for their hockey team.

HolyCrap

Oct 2, 2015
Rams and Sting names are already taken. Mind you the OHL team may allow the Sting name who knows.

Bighorns?
Mountaineers?
Alpine?

Reactions: Stanley Thermos

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
The Jazz moved from New Orleans. I guess Utah had just as much trouble figuring an interesting Utah-themed name for their basketball team as we do for their hockey team.
I don't see what connection Utah or SLC has to Jazz. When I think of the word jazz I think of great black musicians playing in smoke filled night clubs and Utah isn't exactly famous for those.

PunchImlach is Alive

Jul 15, 2014
Brooklyn, NY
I don't see what connection Utah or SLC has to Jazz. When I think of the word jazz I think of great black musicians playing in smoke filled night clubs and Utah isn't exactly famous for those.
It doesn't have any connection to Utah. They were called the New Orleans Jazz and when they moved to Utah, I guess they just wanted to pretend there was some connection with Utah and jazz music. Who knows?

archangel2

May 19, 2019
my questioned would be where would they play? I was there a few years ago and the Delta center is not suited to hockey at the NHL level

Utah Beavers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad