What Should we name the Salt Lake City Team? (Mod: stop with the religious comments)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Morpheus

nuckin’ futz
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2007
Oak Island - Lot #32
Salt Lake City Browns:

IMG_4446.jpeg

But Utah Yeti is what I’d pick.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Something bee-related would be nice and would be topical for the area given that Mormonism has a long history of beehive-related symbology. Salt Lake Bees is already taken, though.

Utah Yellowjackets sounds solid, but having two -jacket teams in the NHL would be a bit much.

Utah Wasps would be too open for a joke despite the P part of the acronym not fitting.

Utah Hornets works, but "Hornets" is already more famous as an NBA team, so no need to second fiddle themselves when they don't have a history with the name.

Utah Drones? Eh... nah.

Maybe go a different route.

Utah Raptors would be neat after the dinosaur utahraptor, but again, second-fiddle to an NBA team. Lakers as well, darn you, LA.

State fish is a cutthroat troat, so Utah Cutthroats sounds badass.... but that's not really a mental image you want in hockey for pretty obvious and morbid reasons.

Eh, maybe something basic, like Utah Pioneers?
If I remember correctly the Salt Lake City Bees is their AAA baseball team

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
There was a similar thread on reddit for baseball, I'll make the same suggestion here.

The Salt Lake Cities

But seriously, the Grizzlies is a great name, so is Golden Eagles, if the Coyotes moved there they could keep the name. Grey Wolves would be a good one too if the Yotes move there. Rattlers would be cool as their are no snake names teams in the NHL.

But Utah Yeti is what I’d pick.
I like how that sounds and it would allow for a cool logo, and if they want to go with Salt Lake instead, the Salt Lake Sasquatch sounds cool too

Nogatco Rd

noble man who is loved by many animal
Apr 3, 2021
Oh, I know the origins. There are some other weird ones. For example, the Lakers who started in Minnesota.
see also:

Indianapolis Colts
Los Angeles Dodgers
Memphis Grizzlies
Tennessee Oilers (briefly)
Calgary Flames

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
see also:

Indianapolis Colts
Los Angeles Dodgers
Memphis Grizzlies
Tennessee Oilers (briefly)
Calgary Flames
Of all the shitty relocated team keeping the nickname from their former city, the NBA ones are the most egregious.

Grizzlies... ok that's a generic enough name that it's not completely awful.

But Lakers and Jazz? That's so f***ing stupid you'd need to have less than an elementary school understanding of the cities to think those are a good idea.

Colts? I don't know that Baltimore has any more ties to horses than Indy does. Oilers? Ok not great but again not completely awful. Flames were named in Atlanta sure but it's again a fairly generic name that it works with Calgary. Even the Dallas Stars is generic enough and they had the decency to drop the word North from the name.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
Atletico Salt Lake, to go with Real Salt Lake. Just like Madrid has Real Madrid and Atletico Madrid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad