What Should we name the Salt Lake City Team? (Mod: stop with the religious comments)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

WhataKnight

The KnightMan Cometh!
Jan 6, 2023
I have trouble thinking of something serious that isn’t Coyotes or Pioneers.

Changing the maroon colour scheme to blue and grey isn’t bad…..but what believable fresh start can be given to Utah - (as much as I prefer this being the end result)?

The Manifest Destinies? OOPS!

(I edited this post initially to add a “Salt Lake Vichy” joke before deciding against and still needing the words “Salt Lake Vichy” to appear on my screen. LOL)

Nogatco Rd

Music Has The Right To Children
Apr 3, 2021
Colts? I don't know that Baltimore has any more ties to horses than Indy does.
The Baltimore area is literally the birthplace of thoroughbred racing in North America, starting with the Maryland Jockey Club in the 1740’s. The Preakness Stakes in bmore is the 2nd leg of the triple crown and has been run since 1873, 2 years before the Kentucky Derby.

The first thoroughbred horse race in Indiana took place in 1995

Oilers? Ok not great but again not completely awful.
With regard to Tennessee Oilers vs Houston Oilers:

In 2020 Tennessee produced about 165,000 barrels of crude oil, year end total. Texas produced 3.9 million barrels each day.

Reactions: JKG33

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
Too bad Utah is already the Utes. That would be a great name especially if Arizona had to relocate there (Yotes -> Utes).

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
If the Coyotes unfortunately are relocated to SLC, their name should be the Utes. This would simultaneously pay homage to the indigenous peoples who occupied large parts of Utah as well as sounding like Yotes (so paying homage to the team that just relocated).

Provided they can get approval from local tribes/reservations, they would be able to utilize unique tribal aesthetics similar to how the Coyotes do now (albeit more western plains than southwestern). They could also keep burgundy as a primary color.

Salt Lake City Utes.
Except that is the team name of the University of Utah

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
SLC Blueberry Bulldogs

That'd definitely draw a crowd I bet.

e3b0c3b95792d56380edd98da3bb5c19e9d58929.gif

Deadly Dogma

All I have is substantially vapid opinions
Sponsor
May 3, 2016
If Salt Lake wins the 2030 Olympics then some sort of name reflecting that, seems to fit.

ACLEVERNAME

Jan 6, 2010
The Utah Olympics is kind of a home run given the circumstances.

Though I wouldnt mind seeing a play on the unique 'SLC' moniker. The "SLC SeLeCts", the "SLC SeLtiCs" or something like that. Can even go in reverse with something like the "SLC CoLonizerS" or the "SLC CLownS". Lotta room for imaginary thought here. Exiting to say the least.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad