What Should we name the Salt Lake City Team? (Mod: stop with the religious comments)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Islanders1932

Jul 16, 2006
Long Island
Utah Yeti or Utah Blizzard

Attachments

• 1707431931194.jpeg
    1707431931194.jpeg
    214.5 KB · Views: 8

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
If 'Rams' wasn't associated with the NFL, I'd say that. Then again, the Rangers and Giants are used more than once, so it's not like it's unprecedented.

Big Horn is a solid alternative though.

Reactions: Stanley Thermos

Malaka

you know, **** it, let’s just not think so much
Mar 3, 2020
www.youtube.com
my questioned would be where would they play? I was there a few years ago and the Delta center is not suited to hockey at the NHL level

Utah Beavers
West salt lake is under a lot of development. It’s honestly a wasteland but that’s where money is commercially… my opinion is it should be sat between salt lake and summit park on the way to park city.

AintLifeGrand

Burnin Jet-A
Apr 8, 2009
GreatestSnowOnEarth
West salt lake is under a lot of development. It’s honestly a wasteland but that’s where money is commercially… my opinion is it should be sat between salt lake and summit park on the way to park city.
in Parleys Canyon?

You do realize i-80 gets shut down multiple times during hockey season because of snow.

Additionally its a fairly pristine wilderness/ outdoor recreation area with great backcountry skiing and hiking .

Locals would riot and it would be a scar on the landscape

if you mean by Millcreek Canyon , theres no land and the road infrastructure isnt there either.

Downtown/ Rosepark/ Sandy/ Draper are the most obvious places for the new arena

Last edited:

Malaka

you know, **** it, let’s just not think so much
Mar 3, 2020
www.youtube.com
in Parleys Canyon?

You do realize i-80 gets shut down multiple times during hockey season because of snow.

Additionally its a fairly pristine wilderness/ outdoor reacreation area with great backcountry skiing and hiking .

Locals would riot and it would be a scar on the landscape

if you mean by Millcreek Canyon , theres no land and the road infrastructure isnt there either.

Downtown/ Rosepark/ Sandy/ Draper are the most obvious places for the new arena
I’m just saying as an idealist, it would be a nice setting. Not feasible.

For the love of god please don’t put that arena in Sandy/Draper. I’ll riot

bb_fan

Feb 27, 2002
boston
Visit site
Fellas

Lets be adults here and respectful to the folks in Arizona .

Here are my top choices IMO as a part time Utah resident.

1. Grizzlies- Sick Jersey/ Logo plus they could have Jazz Bear show up for games as part time mascot
2. Golden Eagles
3.Miners/Prospectors - The wasatch mtns , particularly Park City and Alta were founded as mining towns. It also doesnt really have any divisive LDS connotation
4. Raptors or something Dino themed- this tracks: Dinosaur NM , tons of paleontology throughout the state

5. Could be something skiing themed/ in reference to “The Greatest Snow on Earth”

6. Lakers (GSL, Lake Powell). Utah is a big Lake State

7. Something canyon related- No state can come close to competing with Utah in terms or Canyons. Utah is the Canyon State
Not sure what a good name for an AHL team would be at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad