What Should we name the Salt Lake City Team? (Mod: stop with the religious comments)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rubi

Photographer
Jan 9, 2009
Utah Coyotes. Don't change the branding at all.
Why not? It's not like the Coyotes name has a long illustrious history that should be remembered. The franchise has been a dog since it moved to the desert.

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
Salt Lake City Miners

Open the Salt Mines already

miners-not-minors.gif

Headshot77

Bad Photoshopper
Feb 15, 2015
Why not? It's not like the Coyotes name has a long illustrious history that should be remembered. The franchise has been a dog since it moved to the desert.
Because, IMO, the Coyotes branding is one of the most gorgeous in the NHL and I don't want to lose it. Plus there are Coyotes in Utah and someone mentioned in another thread that Utah has a claim to the Kachina style as well.

94 Oil Drops

McHy is the new McDrai.
Sep 19, 2019
Alberta
Utah Rams / Salt Lake Rams would be great imo. Simple yet catchy and would open the door for lots of cool logo designs.

Utah Yotes would also be catchy, a slight modification to the current franchise's name and would allow them to keep the branding if they want.

Reactions: TheGoldenGod

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
The Rockers. With their logo being a rock n roll guy, it won't be any more confusing than why they are called the Utah Jazz.

oldunclehue

Jun 16, 2010
Big if....but if:

1. Salt Lake City Cougars
2. Salt Lake City Harem (group of elk)
3. Salt Lake City Miners
4. Utah Bison
5. Utah Rams
6. Utah Hunting Hawks
7. Salt Lake City Mountaineers

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
I think you gotta use the state name with this one

Utah Mountaineers

Apparently a sense of humour is not a thing in Utah tho.

Big love was a tv show and Utah is famous for it. I mean seriously

Reactions: Stanley Thermos

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Rams, Mountaineers, and Grizzlies are the only ones suggested so far that sound decent. Though the latter two sound like minor league team names. And LA might have an issue with the first one. On that note I've seen sharing the name with the Jazz (no f***ing way this happens), the Lakers, or Raptors. I think those all get blocked by copyright.

Reactions: TheGoldenGod

Crosby2010

Mar 4, 2023
Devils and Angels are about the closest thing to a religious name as you might get. Guardians now too I guess. Granted I think "Devils" is more of a tongue in cheek type of nickname.

So if I was going to pick I'd go an animal route. So why not Cougars?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad