Speculation: What happens with Tarasenko now?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Got One Cup

Jun 3, 2008
Now that the expansion draft is over we will see if he’s wanted. I don’t think we get much back without retention or taking back a contract. Maybe tell him he needs to prove he’s healthy and on top of his game before we
can move him.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
NYI bound?
I would love to be a fly on the wall in the nyi front office, see where their wishlist stands.... Taransenko,Landy, Suter, Palms, Garland.

I think pushing to retain Cizikas is a given. But, where do the others stand?

Got One Cup

Jun 3, 2008
Voracek is significantly better than Landeskog and will be making the same or less. Voracek is 31, Landeskog is 28. Not much of a difference. This response makes no sense
Voracek is significantly better than Landeskog? How so?

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
Man you need to buy new glasses. Your current one's are broken, homerism at its finest.

I realize that you have fond memories of Tarasenko and yes, he used to be crazy good. But that was before all the injuries... he's not what he used to be, face facts.
Lol cause tarasenko is done right no chance of ever getting 30 goals again right lol

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
I would love to be a fly on the wall in the nyi front office, see where their wishlist stands.... Taransenko,Landy, Suter, Palms, Garland.

I think pushing to retain Cizikas is a given. But, where do the others stand?

They said there were a dozen+ trades/fa signings pending. They will be released and finalized at 1pm est

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
Voracek is significantly better than Landeskog and will be making the same or less. Voracek is 31, Landeskog is 28. Not much of a difference. This response makes no sense
Not much difference between 28 and 31 ,ok lets say I give you that will agree there is a difference between 34 and 31 ?

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
It'll be interesting, I think he ends up on the Isles after they lose out on Landeskog to St. Louis. The only wrinkle is Lou being a bitter old f*** and not wanting to help the team he was competing for a top UFA with

I think if Tarasenko goes to the Flyers it'll be thru Seattle or another team with cap to take Voracek, cause St. Louis wouldnt do a Tarasenko for Voracek swap

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
Not much difference between 28 and 31 ,ok lets say I give you that will agree there is a difference between 34 and 31 ?

Yeah, for normal human the age difference is small but for professional athlete three years is a long time.

When you think about it, most of the players earn proper money between 20-35. Fifteen year career in total, elite players bit longer.

ICanMotteBelieveIt

Jan 11, 2013
Lol cause tarasenko is done right no chance of ever getting 30 goals again right lol
It's not worth the caphit, what if his shoulders are too broken down? Then you're wasting $7.5M in caphit on a winger who's biggest strength isn't even a strength anymore.

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
It's not worth the caphit, what if his shoulders are too broken down? Then you're wasting $7.5M in caphit on a winger who's biggest strength isn't even a strength anymore.
Ok if you say so. Lol you don't know that he can't score 30 anymore. You just don't know that. I find it amazing how many here just assume he is done as a player. Lest see how this year is then let's label him done.

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
It'll be interesting, I think he ends up on the Isles after they lose out on Landeskog to St. Louis. The only wrinkle is Lou being a bitter old f*** and not wanting to help the team he was competing for a top UFA with

I think if Tarasenko goes to the Flyers it'll be thru Seattle or another team with cap to take Voracek, cause St. Louis wouldnt do a Tarasenko for Voracek swap
We could see a three way going on. Hopefully it's over today or by this weekend. If not then I bet he won't be traded till tdl. When ever and whom ever gets tank. I hope he gets back to form and shuts up all these doomsday naysayers.

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
Depends how much St Louis retains. $3mm? Maybe. You’ll get back something like a 5th round pick for that.
5th round pick for tarasenko and retaining 3million for two years.lol your joking right.

Why even trade him. You woukd tell tank to prepare for next year. Play well and we will find you a team to trade you too. If you don't show up then you cancel his contract. There just is no scenario where Doug Armstrong gets negative value

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
He wants out, but do the Blues want him out as well for cap room etc? If not, I could see a swap of Voracek for Tank. Jake may make a bit more with an extra year but he has 0 injury concern and just lead us in scoring. A motivated Jake as I would expect would prob be a 60-80 pt player in Stl with the correct usage.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
No he hasn't missed significant time like tarasenko. Lol get a grip brah
Because he played with a broken wrist, broken hand and torn hip tendon. Zero chance Tarasenko would ever do that.

Sean Monahan has had a ridiculous amount of surgeries since being shut down in March - Article - BARDOWN

Breaking down Sean Monahan’s history of playing through injuries

EDIT: My bad, it was 6 surgeries, not 5. One of them to reconstruct his wrist that he played through. 3 of those 6 injuries were far harder to play with that a stretched ligament in a shoulder.

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
Because he played with a broken wrist, broken hand and torn hip tendon. Zero chance Tarasenko would ever do that.

Sean Monahan has had a ridiculous amount of surgeries since being shut down in March - Article - BARDOWN

Breaking down Sean Monahan’s history of playing through injuries

EDIT: My bad, it was 6 surgeries, not 5. One of them to reconstruct his wrist that he played through. 3 of those 6 injuries were far harder to play with that a stretched ligament in a shoulder.

But by your ideology he is done as a player and has negative value correct.

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
He wants out, but do the Blues want him out as well for cap room etc? If not, I could see a swap of Voracek for Tank. Jake may make a bit more with an extra year but he has 0 injury concern and just lead us in scoring. A motivated Jake as I would expect would prob be a 60-80 pt player in Stl with the correct usage.

There is no vorcek for tank swap. They want the cap. If they don't find a deal the. They will hold onto him let him regain form then trade him as 1.5 year rental for value. Vorcek is not needed
We don't want him or his cap.

Reactions: TheKingPin

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
I don't see any reason at this point to force a bad deal to satisfy the player's demand. At this point, if you keep the player and don't move him, I only see three possible outcomes.

1. He holds out, gets suspended without pay, and the league allows the team to remove his cap hit. That opens up the space to bring in another player.

2. He shows up to camp with a chip on his shoulder and plays well enough at the beginning of the season to generate interest in reasonable offers as teams around the league see him as being back to a level that interests them and creates a competition for his services.

3. He shows up to camp with a chip on his shoulder but struggles because he can no longer do the things he used to do after three surgeries on the same shoulder, and realizes that he either needs to shut up and give the team whatever he is capable of or decide he's had enough and LTIRetire, again opening up cap space for the team to bring in another player.

I see absolutely no reason for GMDA to trade him for whatever he can get before camp, especially if it means retaining a significant amount of salary and/or being burdened with a bad contract.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
But by your ideology he is done as a player and has negative value correct.
He might have negative value if we are trying to dump his entire cap hit. He's a substantially younger player with a lower cap hit playing a more valuable position than Tarasenko. At 7.5 and 29 and if he had requested a trade he would definitely have negative value. He might even without those factors.

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
I am still hoping that the Blues are firm on wanting to dump his entire cap hit and my Devils take him on . No clue what value would be for him with zero retention . It’s been a shit load of posts arguing that value but I’m thinking it will still cost some assets and not negative value but pretty damn close to something like a 3rd round pick or B prospect

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad