Speculation: What happens with Tarasenko now?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
There is no vorcek for tank swap. They want the cap. If they don't find a deal the. They will hold onto him let him regain form then trade him as 1.5 year rental for value. Vorcek is not needed
We don't want him or his cap.

Think he would play out his contract or threaten sitting out etc? I doubt that, just checking. If he isn’t about that then I would expect the scenario you said unless he’s traded earlier.

ICanMotteBelieveIt

Jan 11, 2013
Ok if you say so. Lol you don't know that he can't score 30 anymore. You just don't know that. I find it amazing how many here just assume he is done as a player. Lest see how this year is then let's label him done.
And you don't know that he'll score 30 again. If someone trades for him they need to think "what if" and not "he used to be good". That'll affect the price.

You do you, you're obviously not objective, take care.

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
I don't see any reason at this point to force a bad deal to satisfy the player's demand. At this point, if you keep the player and don't move him, I only see three possible outcomes.

1. He holds out, gets suspended without pay, and the league allows the team to remove his cap hit. That opens up the space to bring in another player.

2. He shows up to camp with a chip on his shoulder and plays well enough at the beginning of the season to generate interest in reasonable offers as teams around the league see him as being back to a level that interests them and creates a competition for his services.

3. He shows up to camp with a chip on his shoulder but struggles because he can no longer do the things he used to do after three surgeries on the same shoulder, and realizes that he either needs to shut up and give the team whatever he is capable of or decide he's had enough and LTIRetire, again opening up cap space for the team to bring in another player.

I see absolutely no reason for GMDA to trade him for whatever he can get before camp, especially if it means retaining a significant amount of salary and/or being burdened with a bad contract.

Very well said

boots legrand

Jun 13, 2018
They're hatched. It's time to count them. You'll potentially get guys like JVR, Voracek, Duchene, Johansson ect. offered. No one is giving a pick and prospect.
Hmmm... I don't agree with you. No salary dumps/bad contacts accepted by Armstrong here. I'd keep him in St. Louis (til the 21-22 trade deadline if he still wants out) to prove his worth and his shoulder is not an issue.

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
And you don't know that he'll score 30 again. If someone trades for him they need to think "what if" and not "he used to be good". That'll affect the price.

You do you, you're obviously not objective, take care.
Ypu want me to be objective when you pretty much assume he is done. So why are you not being objective. Pretty much we are just on different sides of the same coin.

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
He might have negative value if we are trying to dump his entire cap hit. He's a substantially younger player with a lower cap hit playing a more valuable position than Tarasenko. At 7.5 and 29 and if he had requested a trade he would definitely have negative value. He might even without those factors.
Lol I love how it changes when it's your player....lol

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
Hmmm... I don't agree with you. No salary dumps/bad contacts accepted by Armstrong here. I'd keep him in St. Louis (til the 21-22 trade deadline if he still wants out) to prove his worth and his shoulder is not an issue.
It's been widely reported there were no takers. It doesn't really matter who agrees with facts. They remain facts.

Reactions: Mick Riddleton

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
Lol I love how it changes when it's your player....lol
It doesn't change. The facts of the situation are different. Monahan is younger, cheaper, plays center, hasn't requested a trade. When the Flames were looking to move him last offseason the best offer they received was Anderson and Gavrikov. My guess is the offers have only gone down from there. I highly doubt the Flames could move Monahan without taking cap back or attaching assets. I know the Blues can't move Tarasenko without taking cap back.

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
It doesn't change. The facts of the situation are different. Monahan is younger, cheaper, plays center, hasn't requested a trade. When the Flames were looking to move him last offseason the best offer they received was Anderson and Gavrikov. My guess is the offers have only gone down from there. I highly doubt the Flames could move Monahan without taking cap back or attaching assets. I know the Blues can't move Tarasenko without taking cap back.

Lol ok you have a great day lesser player more injuries but different tune lol

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
It's been widely reported there were no takers. It doesn't really matter who agrees with facts. They remain facts.
There were some takers though. NJ was said to be willing to take on full cap but either the return wasn’t enough or Tarasenko refused to go to NJ . Apparently about 4 teams willing to do that but it didn’t happen . Either because he wouldn’t go there or return wasnt great . Now thigh it’s reported Tarasenko is willing to go anywhere

Louie the Blue

Because it's a trap
Jul 27, 2010
There were multiple offers/teams interested that were reported, but apparently the return wasn’t high enough or to Armstrong’s liking.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
There were some takers though. NJ was said to be willing to take on full cap but either the return wasn’t enough or Tarasenko refused to go to NJ . Apparently about 4 teams willing to do that but it didn’t happen . Either because he wouldn’t go there or return wasnt great . Now thigh it’s reported Tarasenko is willing to go anywhere
It was because the Blues didn't want to take cap back. They want to use the space for Landeskog apparently. There were no takers without cap coming back to St. Louis.

boots legrand

Jun 13, 2018
Read my post again. The 21-22 trade deadline is still 6 months away .That IS a fact. We'll see what his value is then if he hasn't been moved and is able to remain free of shoulder issues. I hope he stays with the Blues.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
Read my post again. The 21-22 trade deadline is still 6 months away .That IS a fact. We'll see what his value is then if he hasn't been moved and is able to remain free of shoulder issues. I hope he stays with the Blues.
He will have value if that happens. My guess is we never find out. Armstrong doesn't strike me as the kind of guy to wait around when a guy doesn't want to be there. St. Louis is a fairly attractive destination for a lot of players. The thing with Tarasenko is he tended to score either driving the net or shooting from the outside. Both things are kind of hard to do with a shoulder problem.

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
Exactly. I see army saying prove your worth vs let's take bad contracts and salary to make you happy. At the end of the day this is a business. These players are under contract and if you don't want to show up contracts can not be paid if player doesn't show up.

Got One Cup

Jun 3, 2008
Sorryy Voracek though very skilled and smart and a fine set up man (ala Paul Stastny), I prefer Landeskog at this point in their careers. He is skilled and is much more physically involved. He'll score more goals .
Agree, maybe some people haven’t watched much hockey the last 3 yrs?

ICanMotteBelieveIt

Jan 11, 2013
Ypu want me to be objective when you pretty much assume he is done. So why are you not being objective. Pretty much we are just on different sides of the same coin.
I am being objective. Everyone except some Blues fans realize that his shoulders have been through, what, 3 surgeries? And in a flat cap world his value is at an all-time low. It's called common sense.

Take care.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
It's not that no one wanted him, it's that he didn't receive an offer that he liked, that was best for our future. Either Army is fine bringing him back, or this is posturing, telling other GMs that we aren't as vulnerable as they previously thought.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad