Speculation: What happens with Tarasenko now?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
No no and no. This has been said several times. Blues are looking to clear his cap and take a run at landeskog vorcek doesn't help that. Blues need to get younger not older.

Anyone with 7.5 to spend will also be trying to land landeskog

Em etah Eh

Maroon PP
Jul 17, 2007
Remember a guy called...PLD?

Tanks NMC gives him absolute control.
And what’s your point? In that scenario is he really disgruntled if he’s putting up close to a 40 goal season? I’d say go ahead and harness that anger for the playoffs bud.

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
Dude, we have NO inside track to landing this guy lol
Per Lou korac

Free agency is 2+ weeks away and one of the coveted players will be Gabriel Landeskog. I'm told #stlblues will apply "a full pitch effort" for #avs captain if he hits the open market. The feeling is he'd be a great fit as LW linemate with pal Ryan O'Reilly and David Perron

So no inside track. Buddies don't talk or have any influence to get them to come here....

StlBill

Jul 1, 2018
Really I just named a few.
We have one former teammate and another countryman. There’s 20 former teammates who are much closer to the guy at this point, who happen to be on a team that their arrogant GM hasn’t alienated and decimated. Wish in one hand Colt55, might as well you know what in the other. Our cup window closed when AP left. Or should I say when Armstrong’s ego chased him to a market he never wanted to go to...

Last edited:
Reactions: go4hockey

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
We have one former teammate and another countryman. There’s 20 former teammates who are much closer to the guy at this point, who happen to be on a team that their arrogant GM hasn’t alienated and decimated. Wish in one hand Colt55, might as well you know what in the other. Our cup window closed when AP left. Or should I say when Armstrong’s ego chased him to a market he never wanted to go to...
Lol so petro bhurt you are. But you said we have no inside track so his good buddy ror and Steen are not inside tracks.... ok

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
Lol you are comparing Monahan to tank. Ok so a guy who has only hit 30 three times typing out at 34 not 35 is better than tank who has 37 40 39 33 33 until he was injured. Has 35 goals in 78 playoff games to Monahans 10 in 30.

Lol one of these is unlike the other. Also with tarasenkos injured seasons included he has played 82% of all games. He is healthy and I have no doubt in my mind he will get at least 25 30 goals.

Monahan was awful last teo years and he wasn't even really injured. So not sure why you chose to compare these.two.
Monahan has had 5 surgeries in 2 years. But you're right, he wasn't really injured... Your opinions are pretty funny stuff.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
“Good buddy” ROR as perpetuated by STL media lol. Dude, quit being so gullible. I’m not butt hurt about AP, but in all seriousness that closed our cup window.
Colt isn't really worth posting with. He has some pretty delusional opinions. Blues need to make some moves, they have some nice pieces though. NHL is a weird league. In the NBA you would never see a team like the Canadiens make the finals. You just have to get in and anything can happen if you have a blue line and a goalie who gets hot. Blues have the kind of goalie who can get hot. They've lost some pieces on the back end though. Need to replace them.

StlBill

Jul 1, 2018
Colt isn't really worth posting with. He has some pretty delusional opinions. Blues need to make some moves, they have some nice pieces though. NHL is a weird league. In the NBA you would never see a team like the Canadiens make the finals. You just have to get in and anything can happen if you have a blue line and a goalie who gets hot. Blues have the kind of goalie who can get hot. They've lost some pieces on the back end though. Need to replace them.
I hear ya, yeah I’m as big of a blues fan as you’ll find on here. However, as much as DA looked like a genius signing DP57, Bozak, Maroon, and trading for ROR, he’s completely shit the bed with his arrogance since then. Letting Patty walk and subsequently signing Clifford for more. Trading Eddy (a locker room fav) for Faulk and tying up Petro’s money with that ridiculous extension. Giving Fabbri away for a bag of pucks. Letting his personal arrogance get in the way of the first captain in franchise history to lift the cup (and don’t get me wrong, it was 1000% Army’s arrogance not Petro’s wanting to leave STL) resigning here. Overpaying Krug. Letting Dunn go for nothing. Shitting the bed with the VT91 situation.

This doesn’t exactly scream an inviting situation for a guy like Landy ‍♂️

Reactions: Smif

Bye Bye Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
I hear ya, yeah I’m as big of a blues fan as you’ll find on here. However, as much as DA looked like a genius signing DP57, Bozak, Maroon, and trading for ROR, he’s completely shit the bed with his arrogance since then. Letting Patty walk and subsequently signing Clifford for more. Trading Eddy (a locker room fav) for Faulk and tying up Petro’s money with that ridiculous extension. Giving Fabbri away for a bag of pucks. Letting his personal arrogance get in the way of the first captain in franchise history to lift the cup (and don’t get me wrong, it was 1000% Army’s arrogance not Petro’s wanting to leave STL) resigning here. Overpaying Krug. Letting Dunn go for nothing. Shitting the bed with the VT91 situation.

This doesn’t exactly scream an inviting situation for a guy like Landy ‍♂️
Lol.

StlBill

Jul 1, 2018
You think those are facts. Cute.
Petro had to unload a plot of land at Litzinger and Clayton which he had purchased in 2020 to build his dream home. Had zero plans on leaving. Believe it or not, don’t give a hoot. Blues fans are delusional in believing DA’s explanation about the bs. DA screwed the pooch big time, closed the cup window right there.

PettersonHughes

Aug 26, 2020
I wonder if Tarasenko for Laine (signed, say for his qualifying offer, which I think is $7.5 million?) could be a deal to be made. Both are guys coming off poor years (both scoring much less than in previous years' rates, but could rebound) but from an outsider perspective I could see there being a fit for both:

- Jackets need offense, and Tarasenko is a skilled creator and distributor, and his north-south game would probably be a better fit than Laine who seems more as a pure sniper
- Blues have two of their top LW's (Hoffman and Schwartz) currently as UFA's and may need a replacement for either of them and their scoring
- while likely not top flight pure playmakers, O'Reilly and Schenn both typically register more assists than goals, so they could be workable setup men for Laine and, with the proper line combinations, they could work the boards or down low and feed it to Laine to get off his big shot

ICanMotteBelieveIt

Jan 11, 2013
Yeah junk at 5mil cap hit for 3 years already 31 then ypu add komorov. Why would anyone make this deal.
Man you need to buy new glasses. Your current one's are broken, homerism at its finest.

I realize that you have fond memories of Tarasenko and yes, he used to be crazy good. But that was before all the injuries... he's not what he used to be, face facts.

ICanMotteBelieveIt

Jan 11, 2013
Not to mention he’s really good defensively and can play all 3 forward positions. Ohh and he plays at an all star level for his career in the playoffs and the stats back it up.
I agree and I'm a Rangers fan.

You ought to realize you're wrong when fans of rival teams agree with each other.

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis
Man you need to buy new glasses. Your current one's are broken, homerism at its finest.

I realize that you have fond memories of Tarasenko and yes, he used to be crazy good. But that was before all the injuries... he's not what he used to be, face facts.

Most likely true. But it’s really hard to tell that given he’s been hurt the last two years due to improper management of the situation by the medical team. Unless he’s using this as an excuse. However most of us thought the same thing about Jay Bouwmeester right after his hip surgery. It took him a season or so to fully recover and return to his elite level of play.

I get that the return won’t be what it would’ve been given his full body of work. But the Blues have no reason to pay which I’ve seen some suggest or retain salary on him. Sure he may not like it and it’s not ideal for either party but retaining or shelling out assets to “unload” a potentially elite player who has limited term left seems like the worst possible outcome here. Regardless if Tarasenko likes it or not he doesn’t have full control of whether or not he’s traded unless he goes overseas I guess which wouldn’t completely surprise me but that’s essentially the contract gone at no cost and I haven’t seen that threatened anywhere. Maybe it’s too early in the situation for that to be a possible outcome.

ManwithNoIdentity

Jun 4, 2016
Kalamazoo, MI
Been watching the Flyers since the 70's my friend. Lived 3 blocks from the Spectrum. Voracek (and a few other clowns) are the reason I no longer support the team. Like I said, the most overrated forward in the league -- and BY FAR the most overrated Flyer in history. Giroux is a close second.

Please show us on the doll where this man hurt you

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad