Speculation: What happens with Tarasenko now?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

IslandersFan17

Jun 8, 2011
Long Island
5th round pick for tarasenko and retaining 3million for two years.lol your joking right.

Why even trade him. You woukd tell tank to prepare for next year. Play well and we will find you a team to trade you too. If you don't show up then you cancel his contract. There just is no scenario where Doug Armstrong gets negative value
He exposed him and could have lost him for absolutely nothing…

Reactions: kinghock

Adam Spylo

Feb 26, 2012
He'll be traded to Montreal for Ryder, Halak and a 2nd.

Maybe with a 5th rounder in 2022 for Drouin and a 2nd round pick in 2021

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
I think that people that expect to be able to move big contracts are in for a surprise.

...Drouin and a pick or two (2nd 2021, maybe a 3rd in 2022)...he's not getting a HUGE haul in return, so Armstrong will have to take what he's offered or keep an unhappy player...

TerminatorBlue

Nov 11, 2007
Canada
Drnzc4S
a>

Attachments

• bob mac.jpg
    bob mac.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 4

Joeyjoejoe

Dec 18, 2015
To Ottawa for Dadonov and Tierney. Eugene saves on salary and if Taransenko is goes on LTIR then the insurance company picks up his salary.

bauer

I MISS GHOST
Nov 11, 2007
reminder that Tarasenko has a NTC and gave the Blues a 10 team list, of which at least the following 8 teams were on..

NYR
NYI
VGK
BOS
PHI
TB
WAS
FLA

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
I'd like to try Tarasenko in San Jose but he doesn't seem interested in coming here and I can't exactly blame him. lol

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis
He wasn't free, Seattle took a different player, if they wanted Tarasenko it would have come at the cost of not selecting Vince Dunn. The only conclusion you can draw from the expansion draft is that Tarasenko's value is less than Vince Dunn's value (at least to Seattle).

its astonishing to me that this is such a hard concept to grasp.

It’s pretty clear that Tarasenkos value isn’t near what it was 2 years ago or so. But some of the over dramatizing that I’ve seen in here is a tad ridiculous.

he did play at points fresh off of surgery and while trying to fit into a system that was molded without him being there and was still scoring at around a 45-50 point pace. Is that what you want from a 7.5m contract? Absolutely not. But to think that it will take a dump or a payment to remove a contract of a guy who when healthy is an elite talent is a little bit absurd. It’s even more so absurd to think that the Blues front office would actually pay in terms of cap or picks etc to dump him given it’s only 2 more seasons and there is potential for him to still be an elite talent.

Reactions: Moose and Squirrel

BlueSeal

Believe In The Note
Dec 1, 2013
Out West
Blues should play him, show he’s healed and then trade him + at TDL for missing pieces. Only way we’re getting full value for him.

Reactions: 67Blues

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad