Speculation: What happens with Tarasenko now?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Moose and Squirrel

Jan 15, 2021
its astonishing to me that this is such a hard concept to grasp.

It’s pretty clear that Tarasenkos value isn’t near what it was 2 years ago or so. But some of the over dramatizing that I’ve seen in here is a tad ridiculous.

he did play at points fresh off of surgery and while trying to fit into a system that was molded without him being there and was still scoring at around a 45-50 point pace. Is that what you want from a 7.5m contract? Absolutely not. But to think that it will take a dump or a payment to remove a contract of a guy who when healthy is an elite talent is a little bit absurd. It’s even more so absurd to think that the Blues front office would actually pay in terms of cap or picks etc to dump him given it’s only 2 more seasons and there is potential for him to still be an elite talent.

yeah, the rumor is Army had talked to Francis about Vladi and when a 3-way trade couldn't be done it was understood that Seattle wasn't taking any big contracts... Voracek, Domi, Vladi..etc.
this allowed Army to expose Vladi and protect Barby. shrewd move actually.
has nothing to do whatsoever about Dunn having more value. yeesh

also noted before the XD was there were teams willing to take his whole salary, and others interested with some kind of retention.
will the value be the same as if he didn't have he surgeries? of course not. but he's not unmovable

if he's not traded in the near future, I wouldn't be surprised to see him start the season in stl, and I'd be ok with that. personally, I think he'll be really good again

Got One Cup

Jun 3, 2008
He wasn't free, Seattle took a different player, if they wanted Tarasenko it would have come at the cost of not selecting Vince Dunn. The only conclusion you can draw from the expansion draft is that Tarasenko's value is less than Vince Dunn's value (at least to Seattle).
So he had less value than a 3rd pair dman who was shopped last yr with no takers. Sounds like Seattle wanted picks/prospects to select Tarasenko and the blues refused. His value is trash, hope he has a good season so he can be moved at the TDL or sooner without taking a loss to do it.

Roof Daddy

Apr 1, 2008
So he had less value than a 3rd pair dman who was shopped last yr with no takers. Sounds like Seattle wanted picks/prospects to select Tarasenko and the blues refused. His value is trash, hope he has a good season so he can be moved at the TDL or sooner without taking a loss to do it.

Why is it hard to accept Dunn had more value than Tarasenko to an expansion team? 24yo D who already has a cup ring, put up just below .5ppg last year, and has 3 more controllable years and a QO less than 2mil.

I’m sure GMRF saw a building block in Dunn.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
Why is it hard to accept Dunn had more value than Tarasenko to an expansion team? 24yo D who already has a cup ring, put up just below .5ppg last year, and has 3 more controllable years and a QO less than 2mil.

Just my 2 cents here but I think Seattle could have got a great return if they traded Tarasenko @ 50%. Given Seattle's cap situation eating 3.75M for 2 years won't hurt them

Reactions: buddahsmoka1

Got One Cup

Jun 3, 2008

Why is it hard to accept Tarasenko has little to no value. How much more evidence do you need? Seattle didn’t want him. Shopped for 2 months no takers. This is a flat cap market. GMs are not going to give up assets for a
Winger with a high cap/salary and health concerns.

Reactions: Byrddog

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
yeah, the rumor is Army had talked to Francis about Vladi and when a 3-way trade couldn't be done it was understood that Seattle wasn't taking any big contracts... Voracek, Domi, Vladi..etc.
this allowed Army to expose Vladi and protect Barby. shrewd move actually.
has nothing to do whatsoever about Dunn having more value. yeesh

also noted before the XD was there were teams willing to take his whole salary, and others interested with some kind of retention.
will the value be the same as if he didn't have he surgeries? of course not. but he's not unmovable

if he's not traded in the near future, I wouldn't be surprised to see him start the season in stl, and I'd be ok with that. personally, I think he'll be really good again
If he is kept on the payroll,does this keep St Louis from making a big ufa offer to Landy?

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
StL needs to add forwards to their roster; I bet something can be done with the Isles around Komarov + Dal Colle

C'mon Uncle Leo has negative trade value. The isles will likely have to attach a sweetener to cap dump him.

MDC isn't a cap dump,but he is a bottom 6 winger who shows no scoring touch at the nhl level, lacks speed. He has developed into a defensively responsible player. He would be a sweetener in a major trade,not a key player imo.

Moose and Squirrel

Jan 15, 2021
If he is kept on the payroll,does this keep St Louis from making a big ufa offer to Landy?
not necessarily. stl currently has ~17/m in cap so....

I think Landy might price himself out. IMO the Blues would prolly go 8-8.5 for him. but if the ask is upwards of 9.5....

Flyerfan47

Jun 30, 2011
His contract is not at negative value. He had .56 ppg in his return from injury. He has been cleared by multiple doctors. Please stop creating these bullshit lies
HE has negative value, and probably the contract too !
3 shoulder surgeries and you can’t see negative value ?
3 shoulder surgeries, shoulder doesn’t get better

webersshot

Jul 6, 2016
Nova Scotia

No he doesn't. He has value. It's not 3 years ago value but it's still value. He could problem be had for decent picks 2st and 2nd, as stlouis wants cap space for Landy.

Reactions: Moose and Squirrel

Nothingbutglass

Sep 28, 2017
If you dig even an inch deeper, you'd find that that reports are the 3rd surgery from an outside medical staff fixed the actual issue and he's wondering why the Blues medical staff couldn't figure it out during the 1st 2, hence the distrust and wanting out.

Reactions: Moose and Squirrel

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
Looks like Armstrong said he was going to hang on to him, at least for a little while until he feels he can get fair market value.
Meh. They want to move him as soon as possible and what’s Army supposed to say? “ We want him gone as he will be a major distraction and a huge elephant in the room but give me a better offer “
He will be moved .

Vektor

Jun 11, 2018
St. Louis acquiring his replacement in Buchnevich can't help his value.
Buchnevich isnt really his replacement fwiw. Maybe in the sense they both play RW but thats it. Re-signing Hoffman will be Tarasenko's replacement if it happens.

greybush314

Dec 23, 2020
How does that affect his value, at all? It doesn’t.
If anything it makes things easier for Army. Especially if he gets the extension done soon. He'll know exactly how much salary he can retain and doesn't need a roster replacement back anymore. Also it's not like a player that's asked for a trade has never stayed with the team before. Tarasenko would be super motivated to show the league he's still an elite sniper and maybe they patch things up along the way.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad